Windows 10: Windows 11 taskbar lets you switch between three different sizes

Discus and support Windows 11 taskbar lets you switch between three different sizes in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As you may be aware, Windows 11 build has leaked online, allowing anyone with a compatible device or virtual machine to try out the new operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 17, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 11 taskbar lets you switch between three different sizes

As you may be aware, Windows 11 build has leaked online, allowing anyone with a compatible device or virtual machine to try out the new operating system early.

Windows 11 is an evolved version of Windows 10 with Windows 10X Shell and it comes with a pack of modern features. For example, Start Menu, Windows Search and Action Center UI elements are borrowed from Windows 10X, the dual-screen operating system that has been cancelled.

As part of the Windows 11 revamp, Start Menu and taskbar are now centered by default, a design language that was previously part of Windows 10X. But as we reported yesterday, users can restore the legacy/classic Start Menu with live tiles, and align taskbar icons like the Start or Search button to the left.

It turns out that the taskbar on Windows 11 supports three different sizes: Small, medium and large.

Windows 11 taskbar lets you switch between three different sizes Taskbar-medium.jpg
    Taskbar medium size (default)

Medium is the default size of the taskbar and it’s optimized for both desktop and tablets, while large is great for tablets and it doesn’t look great on desktop.

Windows 11 taskbar lets you switch between three different sizes [​IMG]
    Taskbar large

If you prefer smaller icons, you can use “small” size, which attempts to mimic the small size we already have today on Windows 10.

Taskbar small

Currently, if you want to change the size of the taskbar, you need to modify the “TaskbarSi” value by following these steps:

• Open the Registry Editor and navigate to the following path:
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\
    • Create a new DWORD entry called “TaskbarSi”.

Change the DWORD value to modify the size of the taskbar:

• 0 = Small
    • 1 = Medium
    • 2 = Large

Close the Registry Editor and restart Windows Explorer to see the changes.

At the moment, there doesn’t appear to be any way to do it through the native settings app. It’s likely that the modern and redesigned settings app will include the option to change the size of the taskbar.

Taskbar customization setting isn’t necessarily surprising, as the preview version of Windows 10X also shipped with three taskbar sizes.

In addition to three new sizes, the taskbar features a new animation. App icons or buttons gently move towards the Start button when you close the app, giving the taskbar a much more fluid appearance.

The post Windows 11 taskbar lets you switch between three different sizes appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 17, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Jun 17, 2021
  4. csatennis Win User

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 taskbar lets you switch between three different sizes - Similar Threads - taskbar lets switch

2. Match font size between different applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Match font size between different applications: OS: Win 11Problem: File explorer and system dialog font sizes don't match font size settings, and are far too small to read - see screenshot.Detail: System dialog and file explorer font sizes don't match the rest of the environment. File explorer font size is very small, and...
  3. Match font size between different applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Match font size between different applications: OS: Win 11Problem: File explorer and system dialog font sizes don't match font size settings, and are far too small to read - see screenshot.Detail: System dialog and file explorer font sizes don't match the rest of the environment. File explorer font size is very small, and...
  4. how do you increase the size of the taskbar on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you increase the size of the taskbar on windows 11: how do you increase the size of the taskbar on windows 11. it is so small I can't read it without a magnifying glass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-increase-the-size-of-the-taskbar-on/676f0b75-89ea-47e6-970b-7ccec8eff2f1
  5. how do you increase the size of the taskbar on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you increase the size of the taskbar on windows 11: how do you increase the size of the taskbar on windows 11. it is so small I can't read it without a magnifying glass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-increase-the-size-of-the-taskbar-on/676f0b75-89ea-47e6-970b-7ccec8eff2f1
  6. Need help switching between three monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help switching between three monitors: I have my computer connected to three screens. Two 1080p monitors and a 4k TV. I want to use the two monitors for regular use, but switch over to displaying on the TV for media consumption. Also, one of the two monitors I'm using is oriented vertically. My monitors are as...
  7. Is there a way to switch between fullscreen apps on Windows? (Like you can swipe with three...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to switch between fullscreen apps on Windows? (Like you can swipe with three...: I usually watch videos and read documents in fullscreen so I'm looking for a convenient way to switch between applications like on a MacBook. submitted by /u/shiningmatcha [link] [comments]...
  8. Switching between three languages with macros

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between three languages with macros: Hello, guys! On my computer I use mainly my native language (Bulgarian) and English and I switch between them constantly. I started learning Japanese last year and there are instances where I need to use Japanese keyboard. My question is - is there any setting or a third...
  9. Desktop exceeds size of monitor on three different monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop exceeds size of monitor on three different monitors: I have seen prior posts about this but none are exactly my problem and none of the suggestions fixed it. Turned on my laptop one day and the desktop is larger than the monitor. If I move my cursor to an edge of the monitor, the display moves over - so I can see the entire...
  10. windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops: Bug reproduce: OS: windows 10: 1803 (x64 intel 7500U 8G ram) it is easy to reproduce the bug.... When I press Task View it will show currently opened apps on this desktop (e.g. desktop 1) then I add a new virtual desktop (e.g. desktop 2) Now Task View shows I have...