Windows 10: Windows 11 taskbar options diminished?

Discus and support Windows 11 taskbar options diminished? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The possibilities offered by the taskbar seem diminished in Windows 11 compared to 10 at least in some respects the opposite may be true in others, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Johann Michael Wirsing, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Windows 11 taskbar options diminished?

The possibilities offered by the taskbar seem diminished in Windows 11 compared to 10 at least in some respects the opposite may be true in others, but I have not identified those yet. I cannot attach e.g. Windows Mail or Spotify, and for Steam, I used to be able to edit the icon's command line parameters including adding my login Information which now seems impossible. Am I just looking in the wrong place, or not using quite the right way of pinning the Icons to the bar?*** moved to english Community ***

:)

Johann Michael Wirsing, Dec 7, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

Taskbar shortcuts' context menus diminished

Depends on the app or program..., depends on your max jump list limit..., depends on a lot of things...

Example:
    The Settings App, you got squat!

Windows 11 taskbar options diminished? [​IMG]

Some apps are normal, sorta...

Win32 programs are still integrated, (for now!!!) with File Explorer, so they're traditional...

Edwin, Dec 7, 2021
  3. thename Win User
    Taskbar shortcuts' context menus diminished

thename, Dec 7, 2021
  4. Windows 11 taskbar options diminished?

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 taskbar options diminished?

1. Windows 11 taskbar options diminished? - Similar Threads - taskbar options diminished

2. In windows 11 there is no option available for internet in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows 11 there is no option available for internet in taskbar: i cannot find any network available in settings...its a prb of adapter/driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-11-there-is-no-option-available-for/a733032b-6ecd-4710-98e1-b44ba8a1d4f4
  3. In windows 11 there is no option available for internet in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In windows 11 there is no option available for internet in taskbar: i cannot find any network available in settings...its a prb of adapter/driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-11-there-is-no-option-available-for/a733032b-6ecd-4710-98e1-b44ba8a1d4f4
  4. Lock the taskbar option in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock the taskbar option in Windows 11: Dont, see the option to unlock the taskbar. Only auto hide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-the-taskbar-option-in-windows-11/e0423413-9ddd-4841-87b8-186be420eef4
  5. Lock the taskbar option in Windows 11

Lock the taskbar option in Windows 11: Dont, see the option to unlock the taskbar. Only auto hide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-the-taskbar-option-in-windows-11/e0423413-9ddd-4841-87b8-186be420eef4
  6. Diminishing Storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diminishing Storage space: Good day, 1 week ago I purchased a HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg100 directly off of HP's website. I have been using it now for a total of 5 days and I have already lost 9 Gb of disk space when I haven't installed anything! I have downloaded a few files for school but deleted them...
  7. Diminishing Storage space

Diminishing Storage space: Good day, 1 week ago I purchased a HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg100 directly off of HP's website. I have been using it now for a total of 5 days and I have already lost 9 Gb of disk space when I haven't installed anything! I have downloaded a few files for school but deleted them...
  8. Why is the classic taskbar not an option in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the classic taskbar not an option in Windows 11?: Why is the classic taskbar not an option in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-classic-taskbar-not-an-option-in/3b71bd3f-ac26-4e6d-8e19-24e3e1b515ec
  9. Why is the classic taskbar not an option in Windows 11?

Why is the classic taskbar not an option in Windows 11?: Why is the classic taskbar not an option in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-classic-taskbar-not-an-option-in/3b71bd3f-ac26-4e6d-8e19-24e3e1b515ec
  10. Taskbar shortcuts' context menus diminished

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shortcuts' context menus diminished: Win10 Pro (20H2, says winver). Updated from 2004; visually unchanged, including taskbar. Taskbar shortcuts' context menus are less useful, containing only - unpin - close (if referenced program is running). Formerly the menu contained also the name, whose submenu...