Windows 10: Windows 11 Taskbar Search Closes Immediately after Opening

Discus and support Windows 11 Taskbar Search Closes Immediately after Opening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I've got a brand new computer with Windows 11 and I'm having issues with the Search button on the taskbar. About 50% of the time, the search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KalebRabe, Nov 30, 2022.

1. KalebRabe Win User

Windows 11 Taskbar Search Closes Immediately after Opening

Hello, I've got a brand new computer with Windows 11 and I'm having issues with the Search button on the taskbar. About 50% of the time, the search window will pop up after clicking the icon and then the window immediately closes before I can start typing anything. So far I have tried everything that's listed here: https://www.repairwin.com/fix-windows-search-crashes-freezes-or-not-working-on-windows-11-10-8-1/, but haven't had any luck so far. I'm hoping that there is something else I can try to fix this. So far the issue only seems to occur when clicking on the taskbar icon. If I use Wi

:)

KalebRabe, Nov 30, 2022

2. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Ashutosh_922, Nov 30, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar Search Closes Immediately after Opening

Stock calculator app opens and closes immediately

WOW, such service.... such a quick reply. First, no need to apologize, it's not something you did. From searching at the community forum I notice what's happening with Calculator happens with other apps - they open then close immediately.

Yes, my inquiry was about the Calculator app, the one that's built into / comes with Windows 10. I updated to Windows 10 ver. 2004 the other day. Prior my updating, Calculator worked. Now it opens and all I get to see is a blue dialog and then it closes
    immediately.

so... your suggestion #1 "**Run the troubleshooter" .... did it, here's a screenshot of what came up

Windows 11 Taskbar Search Closes Immediately after Opening 9d581f4c-ad3e-4cfc-9987-1387d977ec0a?upload=true.png

... your suggestion #2 "**Reset the Microsoft Store cache" did that and tried Calculator - blue dialog and then it closes immediately

... your suggestion #3 "Press Start then search Apps and Features ... Search Calculator app on the list .... Click then select Advanced options .... Click Terminate then Reset" did that and nothing - tried Calculator - blue dialog
    and then it closes immediately.

.... and here's a video of me trying to run Calculator after completing suggestions #1-3

I captured a video of trying to run Calculator. I can't attach it here but I'm uploading it to Firefox Send. Because I don't have an account there this link will only last one day or one download https://send.firefox.com/download/62fb9966137838d4/#2SxodDMEoCw__yMBYAU5lA

btw, I also downloaded another calculator app from the app store (see below).... Same thing, it opens and then closes immediately. I did the same with resetting it like in your suggestion #3.

Windows 11 Taskbar Search Closes Immediately after Opening 3c4f42de-1163-482d-84b5-8c2e7ea1374c?upload=true.png

I'm going to read a book right now so no need to reply until you feel like doing so.

Thank you very much for the quick response and suggestions. I'm sure this will all be resolved eventually.

NestorR_WPG, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Taskbar Search Closes Immediately after Opening

1. Windows 11 Taskbar Search Closes Immediately after Opening - Similar Threads - Taskbar Search Closes

2. Settings - Personalization close immediately after open it in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings - Personalization close immediately after open it in Windows 11: Settings - Personalization close immediately after open it in Windows 11 home.When open settings App, it would close immediately after open.I followed the below suggestion to modify Windows...
  3. Settings - Personalization close immediately after open it in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings - Personalization close immediately after open it in Windows 11: Settings - Personalization close immediately after open it in Windows 11 home.When open settings App, it would close immediately after open.I followed the below suggestion to modify Windows...
  4. Settings immediately closes after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings immediately closes after opening: Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it...
  5. Windows 11 Taskbar Search Closes Immediately after Opening

Windows 11 Taskbar Search Closes Immediately after Opening: Hello, I've got a brand new computer with Windows 11 and I'm having issues with the Search button on the taskbar. About 50% of the time, the search window will pop up after clicking the icon and then the window immediately closes before I can start typing anything. So far I...
  6. Windows 11 Search Slow to Open, Closes Almost Immediately

Windows 11 Search Slow to Open, Closes Almost Immediately: I just got this computer a couple weeks ago and noticed it has a problem when opening the search option to search for apps or anything. When I click the search icon, the search window is very, very slow to load. Once it does load, a blue bar moves underneath the search box...
  7. Windows 11 Search Slow to Open, Closes Almost Immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Search Slow to Open, Closes Almost Immediately: I just got this computer a couple weeks ago and noticed it has a problem when opening the search option to search for apps or anything. When I click the search icon, the search window is very, very slow to load. Once it does load, a blue bar moves underneath the search box...
  8. Store closes immediately after opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store closes immediately after opening: I have tried many ways but windows store not opening ..it just loads and closes itself.I tried ;reseting the appclear cachesync timetroubleshootingand restarting but not a single work for me.plz help me to solve this problem...
  9. Store closes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store closes immediately after opening: I have tried many ways but windows store not opening ..it just loads and closes itself.I tried ;reseting the appclear cachesync timetroubleshootingand restarting but not a single work for me.plz help me to solve this problem...
  10. Store closes immediately after opening