Windows 10: Windows 11 Taskbar visibility issue

Discus and support Windows 11 Taskbar visibility issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This has been an ongoing issue since upgrading to windows 11..Below is a screen grab of my taskbar settings:Issue: After returning to my PC from being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Xenith57, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Xenith57 Win User

Windows 11 Taskbar visibility issue

This has been an ongoing issue since upgrading to windows 11..Below is a screen grab of my taskbar settings:Issue: After returning to my PC from being away for a bit, and monitors come back on, the taskbar no longer respects its area when maximizing various windows, and doesn't respect it's own settings.By that, I mean: When I click Maximize on, for example, Chrome, or notepad, one of two things will happen. 1 The window that I clicked to maximize will maximize on top of the task bar, reaching all corners of the monitor and *covering* the task bar, or, 2 The window that I clicked to maximiz

:)

Xenith57, Aug 19, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 11 taskbar icons not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 11. I understand that Taskbar icons are not working after upgrading to Windows 11. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

1. What happens when you click on an icon on the Taskbar?
    2. Do you receive any error message/code?
    3. Does this issue occur with all the icons?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try re-registering the taskbar and see if that works. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -User ([System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent().Name) *ShellExperienceHost* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    3. Restart the PC once the command is complete.

If the issue persists, you can try creating a new user account and then see if you are able to access the icons on the Taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar Second Monitor Issue

Hi Chara,

I am Sumit here to assist you with this question.

The Taskbar in Windows 11 was redesigned hence some features like resizing Taskbar are missing.

List of Changed or removed features/functionalities in Windows 11

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

See if restarting explorer helps for the glitch:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager. You may need to select More details at the bottom of the window to see everything.

Select the Processes tab.

Scroll down to Windows Explorer, select it, then select Restart.

The process may take a few seconds, and your taskbar and Start menu may not be visible while Windows Explorer restarts. You can close Task Manager when the process is complete.

Also:

Improve Windows 11 Taskbar functionality using these tools

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/restor...

Content on the above blog is written by a Windows MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Aug 19, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar visibility issue

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Taskbar visibility issue

1. Windows 11 Taskbar visibility issue - Similar Threads - Taskbar visibility issue

2. Windows 11 Taskbar Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar Issue: It's really frustrating auto-hide feature not working properly on windows, every other OS has it properly functioning one would think after serveral years someone would fix it but no luck, any news if this is an issue looking forward to fix? or no body just cares about it?...
  3. Windows 11 taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar issues: Hi,For the last week or so, I started having problems with the Windows 11 taskbar:I cannot expand tray icons by left-clicking the little arrow icon left-most tray icon.Time on the right is frozen.Apps are not shown in the taskbar if they are not pinned ones.I cannot...
  4. Windows 11 taskbar issues

Windows 11 taskbar issues: Hi,For the last week or so, I started having problems with the Windows 11 taskbar:I cannot expand tray icons by left-clicking the little arrow icon left-most tray icon.Time on the right is frozen.Apps are not shown in the taskbar if they are not pinned ones.I cannot...
  5. Windows 11 Taskbar Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Issue: Hello,I have a weird issue with Windows 11 Pro Retail fresh install and the taskbar.On taskbar there is the little "^" that shows you other items that are running.When I click it it shows me other programs but it is being weird.Instead of a square box/bubble it seems to put...
  6. Windows 11 Taskbar visibility issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar visibility issue: This has been an ongoing issue since upgrading to windows 11..Below is a screen grab of my taskbar settings:Issue: After returning to my PC from being away for a bit, and monitors come back on, the taskbar no longer respects its area when maximizing various windows, and...
  7. Taskbar visibility

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar visibility: Whenever I tab out of a fullscreen application, my taskbar turns invisible and I cannot click on it. Whenever I click where my taskbar WOULD be, it just tabs me back into the full-screened application. For example, I would be playing apex legends, and when I tab out, my...
  8. Taskbar visibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar visibility: Whenever I tab out of a fullscreen application, my taskbar turns invisible and I cannot click on it. Whenever I click where my taskbar WOULD be, it just tabs me back into the full-screened application. For example, I would be playing apex legends, and when I tab out, my...
  9. Taskbar visibility

10. taskbar not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar not visible: I installed a new monitor. The taskbar is not visible. Help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-not-visible/125d4365-6129-4c8a-ba37-a2a092cf870e