Windows 10: Windows 11 taskbar

Discus and support Windows 11 taskbar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In previous versions Windows 10 and earlier when you hover with the mouse on an icon in the taskbar you see a preview of the open app and then when you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jacob&AlizaSturm, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Windows 11 taskbar

In previous versions Windows 10 and earlier when you hover with the mouse on an icon in the taskbar you see a preview of the open app and then when you hover with the mouse over the preview it expands the window so you can actually see the content of the window. In Windows 11 when you hover with the mouse on an icon it gives the preview, however, when you hover over the preview it does NOT expand the window. Is there any setting that can give the results that Windows 10 gives?

:)

Jacob&AlizaSturm, Aug 18, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 11 taskbar icons not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 11. I understand that Taskbar icons are not working after upgrading to Windows 11. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

1. What happens when you click on an icon on the Taskbar?
    2. Do you receive any error message/code?
    3. Does this issue occur with all the icons?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try re-registering the taskbar and see if that works. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -User ([System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent().Name) *ShellExperienceHost* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    3. Restart the PC once the command is complete.

If the issue persists, you can try creating a new user account and then see if you are able to access the icons on the Taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 18, 2022
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar unlock

That doesn't seem like a step backwards, it IS a step backwards, in fact ALL the changes that have been made to the Windows 11 taskbar are a step backwards.

Michael Horak, Aug 18, 2022
  4. Windows 11 taskbar

Can't move taskbar on windows 11

Hi Mads,

I am Sumit here to assist you with this question.

Moving the Taskbar is not supported, yet.

List of Changed or removed features/functionalities in Windows 11

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Move the Taskbar: Moving the Taskbar to any part of the screen and resizing it is not supported yet.

Microsoft is tracking collection of this in the Feedback, I suggest you to vote for the same in the Hub.

Something like ExplorerPatcher may help in the meantime.

Improve Windows 11 Taskbar functionality using these tools

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/restor...

ExplorerPatcher

ExplorerPatcher is a 3rd party tool that aims to bring the older Windows 10 styled functionality in the Windows 11 Taskbar by adding DLL files in 3 specific directories of WIndows. Because the older code is still present in Windows 11, the Windows 10 styled taskbar is enabled by putting the DLL file. Some of the functionalities the developer claims is restored are below:

Restores Windows 10 styled taskbar menu.

Restore Windows+X context menu.

Show app list by default in Start menu.

Ability for start menu and search to align left and many more

How to use ExplorerPatcher

Download the Software from this GitHub Repository:

https://github.com/valinet/ExplorerPatcher/rele...

Hope that helps.

Content on the above blog is written by a Windows MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 taskbar

1. Windows 11 taskbar - Similar Threads - taskbar

2. My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...: I have Windows 11, version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447I have tried everything I can find to fix the issue. When I open task manager, there is no apps running except for task manager. Explorer does not show for it to be restarted, even when I 'run new task' and turn explorer on...
  3. My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...: I have Windows 11, version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447I have tried everything I can find to fix the issue. When I open task manager, there is no apps running except for task manager. Explorer does not show for it to be restarted, even when I 'run new task' and turn explorer on...
  4. Taskbar And WI-FI Problems On ASUS TUF FA507RE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar And WI-FI Problems On ASUS TUF FA507RE: Hi, I Have A Problem With My ASUS TUF FA507RE My TaskBar And WI-FI Options Are Gone, I Fr Can’t Open Any Browser Or App On My Pc Because Of These 2 Problems Please Help, Here Are Some Photos...
  5. Taskbar And WI-FI Problems On ASUS TUF FA507RE

Taskbar And WI-FI Problems On ASUS TUF FA507RE: Hi, I Have A Problem With My ASUS TUF FA507RE My TaskBar And WI-FI Options Are Gone, I Fr Can’t Open Any Browser Or App On My Pc Because Of These 2 Problems Please Help, Here Are Some Photos...
  6. FOLDER NOT FOUND USING SEARCH IN TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FOLDER NOT FOUND USING SEARCH IN TASKBAR: I have created a folder called "PICTURES" in my C: drive. When I search for it from the search box in the taskbar, nothing is returned. I have selected "Enhanced" for my search options. I have stopped and restarted searchhost.exe. I have also restarted my computer. Under this...
  7. FOLDER NOT FOUND USING SEARCH IN TASKBAR

FOLDER NOT FOUND USING SEARCH IN TASKBAR: I have created a folder called "PICTURES" in my C: drive. When I search for it from the search box in the taskbar, nothing is returned. I have selected "Enhanced" for my search options. I have stopped and restarted searchhost.exe. I have also restarted my computer. Under this...
  8. How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?: I'm having trouble with my taskbar. I have 2 different monitors and on my main display the taskbar is almost white or grey, and the other is a very dark blue or black. Can I get them both to be the same color? Thanks,...
  9. How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?

How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?: I'm having trouble with my taskbar. I have 2 different monitors and on my main display the taskbar is almost white or grey, and the other is a very dark blue or black. Can I get them both to be the same color? Thanks,...
  10. Can’t open the taskbar

Can’t open the taskbar: I can't open or click any icons on my taskbar after I installed the recent update. Please help me to fix this immediately! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-the-taskbar/fc8e07d8-ddba-4aa5-a516-cc15deba5b53