Windows 10: Windows 11: The Return of the Gadgets?

Discus and support Windows 11: The Return of the Gadgets? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Introduced in Windows Vista, gadgets would display in a fixed sidebar initially that would provide users with information, entertainment and more. You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 20, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11: The Return of the Gadgets?

Introduced in Windows Vista, gadgets would display in a fixed sidebar initially that would provide users with information, entertainment and more.

You could use them to display weather information, photos, news, a clock, calendar, or system information.

Microsoft decided to retire gadgets and the sidebar in preparation of the launch of its Windows 8 operating system. Back then, Microsoft argued that gadgets were a security risk and had to go because of that. Users could still get them back in Windows 8 and even Windows 10, either as unofficial gadget packets of the official gadgets, or as third-party gadgets using tools like Rainmeter.

A development build of Windows 11 leaked this week, and with it came something that looked like gadgets functionality.

Windows 11: The Return of the Gadgets? [​IMG]

Windows Widgets, Microsoft dropped the gadgets name, will be part of the upcoming Windows 11 operating system, it appears. While things may change, considering that the leaked copy is a development build and not a final one, widgets will most likely be supported by Microsoft's new operating system.

Support does not necessarily mean that you will be able to install third-party widgets. Twitter user WalkingCat suggests that widgets will be first-party only at first, but that this could change along the way.

We only know of the News and Interests widget right now. Launched in recent versions of Windows 10, it is now the first widget in Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system. One small change is that it opens on the left and no longer on the right when activated.

Windows 11: The Return of the Gadgets? Windows-11-Widgets-panel.jpg

Widgets are powered by Microsoft Edge's WebView2, which apps and other components on the system may use as well. Security is no longer an issue because of that component (no more than for any application that uses it).

Microsoft could create a widgets category in the Store so that developers could publish them in the Store.

Widgets might even replace Live Tiles, a feature that Microsoft has disabled currently in Windows 11. Not all Live Tiles are useful, but some users may like some tiles, and these could be replaced by widgets and placed prominently on the desktop by the user to improve their visibility.

It is too early to tell what Windows Widgets mean for third-party solutions like Rainmeter. It seems unlikely that the introduction will have a big impact on these projects in the beginning.

Closing Words

Gadgets are making a comeback as widgets, at least for first-party widgets that Microsoft creates. There is a chance that third-parties may be allowed to create widgets for the operating system in the future.

Now You: what is your take on widgets? (via Deskmodder)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11: The Return of the Gadgets? appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 20, 2021
  2. skellattarr, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Gadget App

Hello,

To assist you further, please provide us the following information:

• What is the current OS build installed?
    • Are you referring to Microsoft Gadgets app?
    • Is the application up to date?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Windows 11: The Return of the Gadgets?

Issue with Windows 7 Gadgets

For some strange reason, my Windows 7 gadgets (Weather, GMail, etc) can no longer connect to the internet and update themselves. I have added both sidebar exe files (C : \Program Files and C : \Program Files x86) to the Windows Firewall Exceptions list. It is the same issue even when UAC is enabled. What could be causing this? Thanks for any help.

I also just realized that my Windows Update is not working as well, so that may be a related issue.

fire2havoc, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11: The Return of the Gadgets?

1. Windows 11: The Return of the Gadgets? - Similar Threads - Return Gadgets

2. "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package" when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package" when...: Hello,I'm trying to install WINCC V5.7 on Windows 11 Huawei laptop.Keep receiving the error message "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package".anyone have this problem or can suggest any additional troubleshooting steps?↳Thanks!...
  3. "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package" when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package" when...: Hello,I'm trying to install WINCC V5.7 on Windows 11 Huawei laptop.Keep receiving the error message "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package".anyone have this problem or can suggest any additional troubleshooting steps?↳Thanks!...
  4. How to remove my profile from Laptop I am returning to seller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove my profile from Laptop I am returning to seller: Need to remove my personal profile from laptop being returned to seller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-my-profile-from-laptop-i-am/884b5ed2-28bc-4943-8b21-4997b207b697
  5. How to remove my profile from Laptop I am returning to seller

How to remove my profile from Laptop I am returning to seller: Need to remove my personal profile from laptop being returned to seller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-my-profile-from-laptop-i-am/884b5ed2-28bc-4943-8b21-4997b207b697
  6. Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.: Hi. Earlier this week I purchased a USB copy of Windows 11 that was to be sent to my PO Box. Nothing in the order told me it couldn’t be shipped to a PO Box, but upon tracking it, I found it was returned to sender on Wednesday. It currently says they are attempting to obtain...
  7. Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.

Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.: Hi. Earlier this week I purchased a USB copy of Windows 11 that was to be sent to my PO Box. Nothing in the order told me it couldn’t be shipped to a PO Box, but upon tracking it, I found it was returned to sender on Wednesday. It currently says they are attempting to obtain...
  8. Fix Remote server returned ‘550 5.7.520 Access denied, Your organization does not allow...

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix Remote server returned ‘550 5.7.520 Access denied, Your organization does not allow...: This is a security feature from Microsoft 365 where it will block emails from being forwarded outside the tenant. If you get such a message, this means that the recipient has forwarding set outside its tenant. To allow this feature, follow the below guide. Open the Office...
  9. Upon returning from school, I powered on my laptop to play Overwatch 2, but noticed it was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upon returning from school, I powered on my laptop to play Overwatch 2, but noticed it was...: Upon returning from school, I eagerly powered on my laptop and launched Overwatch 2. Despite my laptop not being a top-of-the-line gaming device, I was still able to achieve a respectable 150-200 fps with the graphics settings set to low. While engrossed in the game, I...
  10. Upon returning from school, I powered on my laptop to play Overwatch 2, but noticed it was...

Upon returning from school, I powered on my laptop to play Overwatch 2, but noticed it was...: Upon returning from school, I eagerly powered on my laptop and launched Overwatch 2. Despite my laptop not being a top-of-the-line gaming device, I was still able to achieve a respectable 150-200 fps with the graphics settings set to low. While engrossed in the game, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 11 logo gif

2. moving wallpaper wallpaper for windows 11