Windows 10: Windows 11 - The second screen connected to the computer does not display the taskbar

Discus and support Windows 11 - The second screen connected to the computer does not display the taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why the second monitor is connected to the computer does not show the taskbar:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShalomChen, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Windows 11 - The second screen connected to the computer does not display the taskbar

Why the second monitor is connected to the computer does not show the taskbar:

:)

ShalomChen, Jan 16, 2022
  2. jowt Win User

Multiple Displays: Taskbar Buttons on all taskbars not displayed on initial connection

When extending to multiple screens - i have set the preferences to show all buttons on the taskbar. However when I connect and disconnect my display, and I have the taskbar set to autohide, even though the setting is present to show all buttons - the 2nd
    monitor taskbar only shows a button if the application is on the screen.

• This only occurs if the taskbar is set to autohide
    • Can be fixed if i toggle the taskbar on/off
    • Fixes itself after being connected for a few seconds

When i'm connecting a new display, first thing I often do is move to that display - so having the buttons there on initial connection would be a much better user experience. Has anybody else noticed this?

Screenshot below of missing buttons, after toggling the projection mode for my second display.

Windows 11 - The second screen connected to the computer does not display the taskbar 319fbca2-63da-4fb3-972b-a0bbc9a6aae4.png

3. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Windows 11 - The second screen connected to the computer does not display the taskbar

Returning Windows to Second Screen

Hello Kate,

Let's try to isolate the issue and see what is preventing you from using Windows to second screen. Kindly provide us the following information:

• When you turned on your computer, does it give you an extended display for both monitor screen and your laptop?
    • Is your monitor screen already connected to your laptop before turning it on?
    • What cable are you using to connect your second monitor to your laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 - The second screen connected to the computer does not display the taskbar

1. Windows 11 - The second screen connected to the computer does not display the taskbar - Similar Threads - second screen connected

2. Windows 11 - The second screen connected to the computer does not display the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - The second screen connected to the computer does not display the taskbar: Why the second monitor is connected to the computer does not show the taskbar: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-the-second-screen-connected-to-the/941f6fb1-d230-4a81-b515-0d5f7dfe1f3b
  3. Windows 11 determine what is displayed on second screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 determine what is displayed on second screen: I am running Windows 11 with two screens connected. One of the screens is connected through a KVM switch.As soon as I switch the KVM switch to one of the other connected computers, the "second" display on the desktop becomes the "first" display. That's ok...At times, I want...
  4. Windows 11 second screen clock on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 second screen clock on taskbar: Can you add back on the clock to show on the second screen? Why was this removed? What is wrong with you Microsoft to do things like this? At least give the option to add it back on seriously!!!!...
  5. Windows 11 second screen clock on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 second screen clock on taskbar: Can you add back on the clock to show on the second screen? Why was this removed? What is wrong with you Microsoft to do things like this? At least give the option to add it back on seriously!!!!...
  6. Windows 11 Second Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Second Taskbar: Hello,I just downloaded Windows 11 a few days ago and I've noticed some small bugs. The biggest one I've been having was with my second monitor taskbar. I have my taskbar set to auto-hide, and it works fine on my first monitor. On the second, the taskbar won't come up when I...
  7. Windows 11 Second Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Second Taskbar: Hello,I just downloaded Windows 11 a few days ago and I've noticed some small bugs. The biggest one I've been having was with my second monitor taskbar. I have my taskbar set to auto-hide, and it works fine on my first monitor. On the second, the taskbar won't come up when I...
  8. Connecting to a second display.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting to a second display.: Bought an old computer monitor and would like to connect it to my lenovo. I have a vga-hdmi-usbc adapter situation going on, but my laptop won't recognize the monitor. I know the monitor works because I tried it on a friends computer and it worked. Is there anything I can...
  9. my second monitor does not display taskbar tray icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my second monitor does not display taskbar tray icons?: I mean the bunch of little system icons in the bottom right. the action center is missing as well. I've never had this issue, on my other PC the taskbar is perfectly duplicated. I am on w10 pro 1909. I have the "show taskbar on all monitors" enabled. I see no option for the...
  10. My second screen displays only Taskbar and Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My second screen displays only Taskbar and Wallpaper: I work on the PC that runs Windows 10. I want to ask you about a problem with screen sharing. My second screen suddenly (I didn’t change anything) started to display incorrectly. I can see only Taskbar and Wallpaper. It doesn’t depend on the real display and on the monitor...