Windows 10: Windows 11 Three and four finger disablement

Discus and support Windows 11 Three and four finger disablement in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We run a number of Windows 11 touch screen devices that we want to be able to administratively restrict the ability to use the Three and Four finger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ben Fotheringham-Singh, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Three and four finger disablement

We run a number of Windows 11 touch screen devices that we want to be able to administratively restrict the ability to use the Three and Four finger Touch gestures.I can see this setting in the gui under Bluetooth & Devices > Touch which i can manually toggle off.I ideally would like to push some form of policy or ideally push a registry key that can lock this down on all our machines but im really struggling to find a conclusive answer for this in windows 11.

:)

Ben Fotheringham-Singh, Feb 27, 2024

2. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable the three-finger gesture on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the question below.

1. What is the exact model of the PC?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

I would suggest you to refer the section Navigating using multi-finger gestures and the sub-sectionNavigating within applications using Three-Finger Flick
    from the article
    HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)
    to disable the Three Finger gesture.

Note: The article talks about enabling the gesture, to disable the gesture we need to make sure the box next to Three Finger gesture is unchecked.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Jack_459 Win User
    Is there any way to improve a finger print recognition or replace a single finger in Hello on Windows 11?

Here are some tips to improve fingerprint recognition:

1. Clean your fingers: Make sure your fingers are clean and dry before using the fingerprint reader. Dirt, oil, and moisture can interfere with recognition.
    2. Position your finger correctly: When scanning your fingerprint, position your finger so that it covers the entire fingerprint sensor. Make sure you press down firmly and hold your finger steady.
    3. Register multiple fingerprints: You can register multiple fingerprints for better recognition. Try to register each finger from different angles to increase the chances of recognition.
    4. Update drivers and software: Make sure you have the latest drivers and software for your fingerprint reader installed. Check with the manufacturer's website for updates.
    5. Adjust the sensitivity: Some fingerprint readers allow you to adjust the sensitivity. You can try adjusting this setting to see if it improves recognition.
    To add or remove fingerprints in Windows 11, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings and select Accounts.
    2. Click on Sign-in options.
    3. Under Windows Hello, click on the Set up button for Fingerprint.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to add a new fingerprint or remove an existing one.

Jack_459, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Windows 11 Three and four finger disablement

How to disable tap to click/enable two fingers to scroll on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to check if Synaptics driver are installed to the latest version. If the Synaptics touchpad driver isn’t installed, go to the manufacturer’s website and install the latest drivers.

• Once installed, type
      Change Mouse Settings
      in the search bar, change the Search filter to
      Settings to see the Mouse settings entry in search result, and then press enter key to open Mouse Properties dialog.

• Switch to the Device Settings tab. Please note that Device Settings tab appears only if the touchpad driver is installed on your PC.

• Under Devices, select Synaptics TouchPad and then click
      Settings to open Properties for Synaptics TouchPad.

• On the left-side, expand
      MultiFinger Gestures
      , check Two-Finger Scrolling option and then click Apply button.

NOTE: To change the default behaviour of two-finger scrolling, select Two-Finger Scrolling option and then click the Settings icon next to it.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Three and four finger disablement

1. Windows 11 Three and four finger disablement - Similar Threads - Three four finger

2. Windows 11 Three and four finger disablement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Three and four finger disablement: We run a number of Windows 11 touch screen devices that we want to be able to administratively restrict the ability to use the Three and Four finger Touch gestures.I can see this setting in the gui under Bluetooth & Devices > Touch which i can manually toggle off.I ideally...
  3. How to Enable/Desable Three- and four-finger touch gestures using C#?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Enable/Desable Three- and four-finger touch gestures using C#?: Windows 10/11 Touch GestureHi Everyone,Just want to ask if is there any C# code to enable/disable the Three- and four-finger touch gestures in Windows. Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Touch > Three- and four-finger touch gesturesI have some options related to registry...
  4. How to Enable/Desable Three- and four-finger touch gestures using C#?

How to Enable/Desable Three- and four-finger touch gestures using C#?: Windows 10/11 Touch GestureHi Everyone,Just want to ask if is there any C# code to enable/disable the Three- and four-finger touch gestures in Windows. Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Touch > Three- and four-finger touch gesturesI have some options related to registry...
  5. Problem with windows 11 kiosk mode three and four finger gestures.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with windows 11 kiosk mode three and four finger gestures.: Hello, I am writing to bring to your attention a pressing issue that I have been unable to resolve.I am using Microsoft Edge as a single-kiosk application on a Windows 11 Pro system. Regrettably, I have encountered a significant bug that allows me to inadvertently drag the...
  6. Problem with windows 11 kiosk mode three and four finger gestures.

Problem with windows 11 kiosk mode three and four finger gestures.: Hello, I am writing to bring to your attention a pressing issue that I have been unable to resolve.I am using Microsoft Edge as a single-kiosk application on a Windows 11 Pro system. Regrettably, I have encountered a significant bug that allows me to inadvertently drag the...
  7. Three finger swipe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Three finger swipe: Formerly, I could switch between two open windows using a simple three finger swipe in Windows 10. But for a quiet while, not sure whether it happened after some update or something, I can't use this method now. Is this my problem alone, or Windows has permanently disabled...
  8. Windows 10 Three-Finger-Drag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Three-Finger-Drag: Does anyone know how to enable this gesture on Windows 10? I've searched quite a lot by now and haven't found yet a way to make this touchpad gesture to work. iirc Trackpad++ for bootcamp offers this gesture, so somehow it it possible, but it is limited to macbooks...
  9. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad: Hi guys, I need a bit of help with finding settings for Laptop's gestures. The problem is the three-finger-touch gesture. I want to disable it because many times the search bar pops up and doesn't go back no matter what. I've to repeatedly log off to remove it from the...
  10. Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.: Hello friends suddenly my three finger swipe up changes from 'Change Audio Volume' to ' Switch desktop and Show desktop' . I have tried to change in 'Touchpad settings' I have also tried to change from registry this values. ActionID1 = 5c ActionID3 = 5f ActionID5 =...