Windows 10: Windows 11 to alert OneDrive subscribers when storage space runs low

Discus and support Windows 11 to alert OneDrive subscribers when storage space runs low in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft continues to integrate its subscription services deeper into the Windows 11 operating system. The company released a new build to the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 18, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 to alert OneDrive subscribers when storage space runs low

Microsoft continues to integrate its subscription services deeper into the Windows 11 operating system. The company released a new build to the Windows 11 Release Preview channel, which adds alerts for OneDrive storage to Windows 11's Settings application.

Windows 11 to alert OneDrive subscribers when storage space runs low windows-10-desktop-taskbar-issue.png

Features that are rolled out to the Release Preview channel may be introduced quickly into stable versions of the Windows operating system. Microsoft won't release preview updates in December 2022, which suggests that the feature could be rolled out starting in January 2023.

Microsoft added two new OneDrive related options to the Settings application. The first brings OneDrive storage alerts to the Systems page of the Settings app. Subscribers receive alerts when OneDrive storage is getting low. Links to manage storage and to buy more storage are provided.

The second new feature displays the full storage amount of a subscriber's OneDrive subscriptions on the Accounts page in the Settings app.

New! We gave Microsoft OneDrive subscribers storage alerts on the Systems page in the Settings app. The alerts appear when you are close to your storage limit. You can also manage your storage and purchase additional storage, if needed.

New! We provided the full amount of storage capacity from all your OneDrive subscriptions. It also displays the total storage on the Accounts page in the Settings app.

The two OneDrive related features integrate the service even deeper into the Windows 11 operating system.

Closing Words

Microsoft announced recently that Outlook.com attachment data will count against a Microsoft user's OneDrive storage quota. The increased visibility helps subscribers keep an overview of their storage, but it will certainly also drive sales. Additional OneDrive storage is available starting at $19.99 per year for 100 gigabytes.

Microsoft account customers get just 5 gigabytes of free storage when they sign-up for the service. Grandfathered accounts may have more free storage at their disposal, but new customers get 5 gigabytes. Windows customers who get the storage alert may subscribe to the standalone 100 gigabyte of extra storage plan, or sign-up for Microsoft 365 Personal or Family, which both include 1 terabyte of storage.

Now You: do you use OneDrive to store files, or another service, or none at all?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 to alert OneDrive subscribers when storage space runs low appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 18, 2022

2. Running Low on Space

I keep getting a warning that I am running low on space in the Local Disk (FWindows 11 to alert OneDrive subscribers when storage space runs low :). None of the suggested fixes are doing anything to free up storage, any suggestions?

JessicaB123, Nov 18, 2022
  3. Running low on space on a modern computer

These are links for the drive requirements for Windows 11:

[table][tr][td]Storage[/td][td]64 GB or larger storage device Note: See below under “More information on storage space to keep Windows 11 up-to-date” for more details.[/td][/tr][/table]

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications

Storage: 64 GB* or greater available storage is required to install Windows 11.

• Additional storage space might be required to download updates and enable specific features.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/windows-11-requirements

Run the Crucial scanner to view some costs with upgrade options:

https://www.crucial.com/store/systemscanner

questions_, Nov 18, 2022
  4. Windows 11 to alert OneDrive subscribers when storage space runs low

Low Storage Space

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Ideally, Manufacturers provide the devices in different hardware configurations. Certain devices are configured to run with a minimum requirements for Windows 10 and the device configuration is basically decided by the manufacturer.

However, from Windows standpoint, we can suggest you steps where you can optimize the storage space. You can refer the suggestions mentioned in the above response.

Meanwhile, you can also try reducing the virtual memory and see if that helps. Refer the article How
    to Increase Virtual Memory in Windows 10: A Quick Guide
    by Edu Baloja

In addition, refer the article
    Low Disk Space error due to a full Temp folder

Let us know how it goes. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 18, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 to alert OneDrive subscribers when storage space runs low

1. Windows 11 to alert OneDrive subscribers when storage space runs low - Similar Threads - alert OneDrive subscribers

2. Running out of Storage Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running out of Storage Space: In 2016 I purchased a Dell computer from Dell here in Germany. My previous Dell ran out of storage space which was the reason for the purchase and I wanted a PC that would have more than enough. I purchased a Dell XPS 8900, w/16.0 RAM, using WIN 10 Home. The PC has an OS...
  3. Low Storage Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low Storage Space: Hi guys I have been hovering around 1GB worth of storage space left on my hard drive for quite some time that has stressed me out no end. I have done all sorts of clean up options, e.g. disc clean up, optimize the drive, temp folder, %temp% folder, prefetch, wsreset etc....
  4. Storage and low disk space

Storage and low disk space: Hello, I have had this pc since Christmas and my disk space is low, so I switched default storage devices: start/settings/system/storage. But that did not work, can anyone help with this problem? Thanks....
  5. Low on storage space on SSD

Low on storage space on SSD: My laptop 2 years old, if that has a 100GB SSD drive C:Drive and a 930GB D:Drive conventional disk drive, which is pretty common these days. Windows OS is on the SSD and the computer is now prompting me to create space on the SSD as it is 90% full. Windows OS and c:users...
  6. LOW STORAGE SPACE

LOW STORAGE SPACE: I AM USING LENOVA MIX 320 TABLET. IT IS PREINSTALLED WITH WINDOWS 10. IT HAS ONLY 32 GB MEMORY. NOW I HAVENT INSTALLED ANY APPLICATION BUT THE TABLET ALWAYS SHOWS LOW STORAGE SPACE FROM THE DATE OF MY PURCHASE. HOW COME A WINDOWS OS OCCUPIES ALL THE MEMORY GIVEN BY THE MAKER...
  7. I never got the alert "you are running low on disk space" !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I never got the alert "you are running low on disk space" !: I am doing a lot of 3D rendering frame by frame on one of my hard drives (a Samsung SSD). Each frame is pretty large and at one point my hard drive got full in the middle of the rendering process, which made my whole software crash. But I never got the alert "you are...
  8. OneDrive on Storage Spaces.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive on Storage Spaces.: Is it a good idea to put OneDrive on a Storage Space volume? 153210
  9. Drive space running low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive space running low: Hi. My local drive C seems to be over 550gb full yet the pc is only one week old and I don't have a lot of personal file. Personal files can only be around 5gb. Have tried running the CHKDSK for repairs but its still showing. As result keep receiving note my drive is almost...
  10. running low on storage

running low on storage: I keep getting need to add more storage even after putting a 64gb driver (D) so is there anything else that I can do this is a relatively used laptop, about 2 years old...