Windows 10: Windows 11 Touch Keyboard will not appear

Discus and support Windows 11 Touch Keyboard will not appear in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Two days ago I received my new Surface Studio laptop. After playing with it for two days, I realized that I have never been able to get the touch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brian_Olson, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Windows 11 Touch Keyboard will not appear

Two days ago I received my new Surface Studio laptop. After playing with it for two days, I realized that I have never been able to get the touch keyboard to appear. I have the icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the taskbar, but touching/clicking it does nothing. In tablet mode screen folded over keyboard nothing appears when I touch any input, be that the browser address bar, or the search icon on the taskbar.I have done a restart, and have looked all over the internet, trying some suggestions for windows 10, but there is nothing for windows 11, and nothing that has resolved this issue

:)

Brian_Olson, Nov 3, 2021

2. Windows 10 touch keyboard has stopped appearing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
      • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to enable touch keyboard when there is no keyboard attached to the device.

• Press the Windows key
      or click on Start icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Devices.
    • Click on Typing.
    • Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached
      to your device.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

2. Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

2. Next click on Action center and select Tablet Mode.

3. Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

5. Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 3, 2021
  3. buddy267 Win User
    Touch keyboard not appearing in Windows 10

Hi Sean-o NZ,

I had the same problem. The touch keyboard would not work any more. I had not changed anything other then updating windows 10. I found the solution to the problem Here Windows
    10 touch keyboard not popping up? Fix it!

"How to make the Windows 10 touch keyboard pop up automatically:
    • Press WinKey + R to pop up the “Run” menu and enter services.msc

Windows 11 Touch Keyboard will not appear open-services-windows-10.png

• Hit OK and you will reach the Services panel. There in the list, find Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service.
    • Right click and select Properties. In the General tab, change the Startup Type to Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start). Either of those will do.
    • Now check if the keyboard pops up when you try to enter text.
    • If it does not, restart your computer and see if it works.
    • If it still does not, again go to the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service and open properties. This time, open the Dependencies tab and you will find a list of processes quoted as “The service depends on the following
      components”.
    • Now close the properties window and check the list of Services and make sure that the services mentioned above are either “Running” or in “Automatic” mode. If they are disabled, you should enable them.
    • Now again find the Touch Keyboard service and enable it as Automatic.
    • See if this works for you!"
    I hope this helps.

Be the first person to mark this helpful

buddy267, Nov 3, 2021
  4. Windows 11 Touch Keyboard will not appear

Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Nov 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Touch Keyboard will not appear

1. Windows 11 Touch Keyboard will not appear - Similar Threads - Touch Keyboard appear

2. Windows 11 - Touch keyboard is appearing on non-touch displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Touch keyboard is appearing on non-touch displays: As in the title, any time I select a field on one of my non-touch displays the touch keyboard is appearing there and cannot be placed on the main, touch screen display by default....
  3. Windows 11 - Touch keyboard is appearing on non-touch displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Touch keyboard is appearing on non-touch displays: As in the title, any time I select a field on one of my non-touch displays the touch keyboard is appearing there and cannot be placed on the main, touch screen display by default....
  4. Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...

Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...: Hello,The Windows 11 Touch Keyboard is a step backwards from the prior Windows 10 Touch Keyboard which was also frustratingly lacking in features and suffered from a multitude of issues due to poor UI design and constant bugs.I don't expect Microsoft to ever fix any of the...
  5. Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...: Hello,The Windows 11 Touch Keyboard is a step backwards from the prior Windows 10 Touch Keyboard which was also frustratingly lacking in features and suffered from a multitude of issues due to poor UI design and constant bugs.I don't expect Microsoft to ever fix any of the...
  6. Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically: Hello,I'm currently having a problem on a PC with a touch screen.When I click on a text field, the touch keyboard does not appear automatically whether in desktop mode or in tablet modeI have already enabled the setting "Enable touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and no...
  7. Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically

Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically: Hello,I'm currently having a problem on a PC with a touch screen.When I click on a text field, the touch keyboard does not appear automatically whether in desktop mode or in tablet modeI have already enabled the setting "Enable touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and no...
  8. Windows 11 Touch Keyboard will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Touch Keyboard will not appear: Two days ago I received my new Surface Studio laptop. After playing with it for two days, I realized that I have never been able to get the touch keyboard to appear. I have the icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the taskbar, but touching/clicking it does nothing. In...
  9. Microsoft touch keyboard appearing on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft touch keyboard appearing on startup: For a while now, not completely sure if it has been since I got a drawing tablet, every time I am prompted to enter my pin to login to my PC, the touch keyboard appears.This is annoying.I hardly use my tablet now and it is always disconnected from the PC but I still have this...
  10. Force touch keyboard to appear always?

in Windows 10 Support
    Force touch keyboard to appear always?: I have a so called "Hybrid" device. But I use it mainly in a "docked Tablet mode" like this: [img] When I undock the tablet, the touch keyboard appears correctly, but in docked mode, it won't show up. I can display the touch keyboard manually, but is there any chance...