Windows 10: Windows 11 transparency bug

Discus and support Windows 11 transparency bug in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am currently running the latest public build of windows 11, and am facing an issue with the transparency effect on context menu and action center.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ArjunPathak072, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Windows 11 transparency bug

I am currently running the latest public build of windows 11, and am facing an issue with the transparency effect on context menu and action center. The issue involves a thick and noticeable white border around otherwise transparent menus. So far, I have tried the following:1. Running sfc /scannow2. Running DISM.exe3. Reinstalling and updating all graphic drivers.4. Rebooting several times.5. Reinstalling windows 11 using the ISO provided by Microsoft.6. Turning off High Contrast theme was already set to none btw7. Turning off Startup Apps to figure out if any of those had something to do w

:)

ArjunPathak072, Oct 7, 2021
  2. xplain21 Win User

Windows transparency bug

I know there are more threads with this question most of them were answered back in 2015 and 2016. The other ones with 2017 2018 answers are not working for me. I just wanted to make sure i hold this thread on top.

I have a strong bug on my windows! First when windows 10 came out everything was just fine with the transparency effect. Back in those days there even was an opacity bar. Later that bar got removed however the transparency effect could have been edited in
    registry. A couple of months ago that edit just dissapeard. Whatever i want to do i can't get a transparency effect just how the pictures below are showing. The first picture is with the effect turned off and the second one is with the effect turned on . You
    don't have to be a big genius to understand and see that there is no big difference howevere there should be. Many other people don't have this bug and who does could repair his effect with the help of the threads i've mentioned before. But i can't. I really
    can't. I've tryed everything for months. Reinstalled windows. Changed registry couple of times cycled between 0,1,2 values for UseOLEDtaskbartransparency but nothing changes.. actually value 2 makes the transparency turning off... but 0 and 1 it's just the
    same like on the second picture. However if i delete the registry key nothing happens so you can understand that if i use that registry key won't fix my bug. The windows settings transparency effect is what it looks like on the second picture and if i use
    the registry key it remains the same. It doesn't works for me. I don't want to use any third party program since the transparency effect is implemented in windows. Why would i download something that i already have in my windows. However it doesn't works for
    me . I've really tryed everything. The only thing i haven't tryed is the creatshell etc. i don't know it's name but the problem is i haven't tryed it yet because i can't find this task in my task list. Everybody keeps saying it solved his problem disabling
    or enabling in task list. I doesn't even have this task in my task list how could i even enable or disable it .

I really don't know what else can i do ? Nothing can repair my bug. I just want my taskbar to be transparent. I think my windows is broken. Nothing helps not even a fresh windows instal nor the registry key. Not even reinstalling apps in command promt under
    powershell. Nothing. Can you guys help me out ?

Windows 11 transparency bug 9b22d3ba-cbcc-4293-b335-9fd843ba874f?upload=true.png

Windows 11 transparency bug 8fc2bdd6-7ee5-4072-952b-e2ef92e11e7e?upload=true.png

xplain21, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Windows transparency bug

Hi xplain21,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

Transparency effect is enabled by default on most of the machines. If there are any issues with the drivers or settings, this feature may not work as intended.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Update the display driver.

To check the driver, open the device manager and check if the display drivers are up to date. Here is the Microsoft article for
    Update drivers in Windows

and let us know if this worked for you.

Method 2: Enable transparency from registry.

Note: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles
    of each of the user accounts on the computer. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the
    registry before you modify it.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type regedit and hit enter.
    3. Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize
    4. In the right pane, look for a DWORD value EnableTransparency. (If you do not have EnableTransparency value, create a DWORD value by right clicking on the empty area > Click on NEW > select DWORD(32-bit)
      value > type: EnableTransparency.)
    5. Double click on EnableTransparency > Type 0 in value data.
    6. Restart the computer for the changes to be reflected.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 7, 2021
  4. whenry88 Win User

Windows 11 transparency bug

Transparency bug

Dear Microsoft Team,

I am Henry. Recently, a bug on transparency has come to my PC. I am using windows 10 version 1903. However, when I turn on the transparency effect, the whole taskbar becomes completely transparent (please look at the screenshot). Moreover, the sidebar of
    start and the left bar of settings aren't transparent at all. Can you fix this?

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,

Henry

Windows 11 transparency bug [​IMG]

whenry88, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 transparency bug

1. Windows 11 transparency bug - Similar Threads - transparency bug

2. Bug related to search bar transparent popup appears above the taskbar in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug related to search bar transparent popup appears above the taskbar in Windows 11?: Whenever i hover around my search bar in the task bar, a transparent popup appears above the taskbar and not goes until i shutdown my laptop and restart it . It again popsup and this goes on in windows 11 since i installed it. wHAT CAN I DO , PLEASE HELP. i am providing...
  3. Bug related to search bar transparent popup appears above the taskbar in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug related to search bar transparent popup appears above the taskbar in Windows 11?: Whenever i hover around my search bar in the task bar, a transparent popup appears above the taskbar and not goes until i shutdown my laptop and restart it . It again popsup and this goes on in windows 11 since i installed it. wHAT CAN I DO , PLEASE HELP. i am providing...
  4. Windows 11 transparency bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 transparency bug: I am currently running the latest public build of windows 11, and am facing an issue with the transparency effect on context menu and action center. The issue involves a thick and noticeable white border around otherwise transparent menus. So far, I have tried the...
  5. Feature/Bug/Question: The Taskbar is completely transparent. This happened after the Laptop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature/Bug/Question: The Taskbar is completely transparent. This happened after the Laptop...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sailing8-1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktzdp3/featurebugquestion_the_taskbar_is_completely/
  6. Windows 10 Transparency Bug?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Transparency Bug?: So I noticed something weird after I got my new monitor LG27GN950. The monitor recently got a Firmware update that enables 4K @160Hz with 10bit color via Displayport 1.4 DSC, this is enabled in the monitor menu. Everything seems to work fine, it shows 160hz in Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Transparency bug?

Windows 10 Transparency bug?: So I noticed something weird after I got my new monitor LG27GN950. The monitor recently got a Firmware update that enables 4K @160Hz with 10bit color via Displayport 1.4 DSC, this is enabled in the monitor menu. Everything seems to work fine, it shows 160hz in Windows...
  8. Is the transparency effect intended or is it a bug?

Is the transparency effect intended or is it a bug?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Teja1821 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgw24m/is_the_transparency_effect_intended_or_is_it_a_bug/
  9. Windows Drag Transparency Bug - Explorer and Outlook

Windows Drag Transparency Bug - Explorer and Outlook: I am experiencing a bug related to transparency with dragging. Expected behavior is for the window to return to normal 100% opacity after the drag operation is complete. Instead, it is remaining at the partial opacity set during the drag. See the screenshot below. This...
  10. Transparency bug

Transparency bug: Dear Microsoft Team, I am Henry. Recently, a bug on transparency has come to my PC. I am using windows 10 version 1903. However, when I turn on the transparency effect, the whole taskbar becomes completely transparent please look at the screenshot. Moreover, the sidebar of...