Windows 10: Windows 11, trying to find out what slots my DIMM are in without opening the case.

Discus and support Windows 11, trying to find out what slots my DIMM are in without opening the case. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to used either PowerShell or WMIC to find this out.Reason is CPU-Z is giving me 'bad' results. Trying to figure out why.I've got 2 16GB DIMM's,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IrvS, Jul 25, 2022.

1. IrvS Win User

Windows 11, trying to find out what slots my DIMM are in without opening the case.

I want to used either PowerShell or WMIC to find this out.Reason is CPU-Z is giving me 'bad' results. Trying to figure out why.I've got 2 16GB DIMM's, in the proper slots for Channel 1, on a Dell XPS8040, it is the White clips that are, counting from the CPU, slots 2 and 4.CPU-Z reports this as SLOT 1 and 2? A friend on W10 and an older Delll XPS8930 with the same DIMM configuration CPU-Z reports it as SLOT 2 and 4?I've tried both PS and WMIC to get the position the DIMM"s are in, and it appears it should be the BankLabel, but there is no data for it?I've seen on some websites BankLabel has th

:)

2. DoItJust Win User

DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

Page 1-23 in the manual;

1. (2) Supports two (2) modules inserted into either the red slots or the black slots as onepair of Dual-channel memory con guration. We suggest that you install the modulesinto slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

DoItJust, Jul 25, 2022
  3. jds63 Win User

It does.

Windows 11, trying to find out what slots my DIMM are in without opening the case. [​IMG]

jds63, Jul 25, 2022
  4. Vitalin Win User

Windows 11, trying to find out what slots my DIMM are in without opening the case.

Thank you very much DoItJust & jds63 !!!

Vitalin, Jul 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11, trying to find out what slots my DIMM are in without opening the case. - Similar Threads - trying find slots

2. Trying to find out what was this log error about

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to find out what was this log error about: LED KEEPER 2 KEEPS CRASHING LEADS TO PC STUTTERING FOR FEW SECONDS. MOUSE , KEYBOARD , AUDIO , RGB, EVERYTHING STOP WORKINGTHIS IS THE ERROR I FOUND IN EVENT VIEWER RIGHT WHEN MY PC HAS AN INTERMITTENTLog Name: ApplicationSource: .NET RuntimeDate: 27-Jan-24 5:29:19 AMEvent...
  3. Trying to find out what was this log error about

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to find out what was this log error about: LED KEEPER 2 KEEPS CRASHING LEADS TO PC STUTTERING FOR FEW SECONDS. MOUSE , KEYBOARD , AUDIO , RGB, EVERYTHING STOP WORKINGTHIS IS THE ERROR I FOUND IN EVENT VIEWER RIGHT WHEN MY PC HAS AN INTERMITTENTLog Name: ApplicationSource: .NET RuntimeDate: 27-Jan-24 5:29:19 AMEvent...
  4. Corrupt kernel/broken dimm slots/dimm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt kernel/broken dimm slots/dimm: 7600x3060tiB650 PRO RSCORSAIR VENGEANCE 4800MHZ CL40 STOCK 6000 MHZ CL36 XMP PROFILE 16GB x2All components with the exception of the GPU are new 3 weeks oldProblems:I am currently running the DIMMs in slot 2 and 4 as recommended by the motherboard manufacturer.XMP profile is...
  5. Corrupt kernel/broken dimm slots/dimm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt kernel/broken dimm slots/dimm: 7600x3060tiB650 PRO RSCORSAIR VENGEANCE 4800MHZ CL40 STOCK 6000 MHZ CL36 XMP PROFILE 16GB x2All components with the exception of the GPU are new 3 weeks oldProblems:I am currently running the DIMMs in slot 2 and 4 as recommended by the motherboard manufacturer.XMP profile is...
  6. DIMM register

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIMM register: i have brought and installed new DDR4 ram's, they register on both my bios and supposedly on windows, but i cannot locate the disk drive anywhere. i have explore every possible setting to my knowledge and resources but need help as i have tried and brought several components...
  7. DIMM register

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DIMM register: i have brought and installed new DDR4 ram's, they register on both my bios and supposedly on windows, but i cannot locate the disk drive anywhere. i have explore every possible setting to my knowledge and resources but need help as i have tried and brought several components...
  8. Windows 11, trying to find out what slots my DIMM are in without opening the case.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, trying to find out what slots my DIMM are in without opening the case.: I want to used either PowerShell or WMIC to find this out.Reason is CPU-Z is giving me 'bad' results. Trying to figure out why.I've got 2 16GB DIMM's, in the proper slots for Channel 1, on a Dell XPS8040, it is the White clips that are, counting from the CPU, slots 2 and...
  9. trying to find out what device is mine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to find out what device is mine: windows web protection isn't on and I cant turn it on and I want yo know what device is mine i have a laptop windows 10 version1903 real tec and on and in Microsoft account is coming jos laptophs92fd10 and cant be located and batterie is dead...
  10. DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?: New PC conf. and I got RAM question, shall I put the memory sticks in SLOT 1/3 or stay with my current setup 2/4? Intel Core i7-4790 3.6g 1150 Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 DDR3 1600 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP 16GB (2X8) 240PIN DDR3 1600 SAPPHIRE RADEAON R9 380 NITRO 4GB DDR5...