Windows 10: Windows 11 turn off after switching users

Discus and support Windows 11 turn off after switching users in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So i have a dell laptop with windows 11 pro, previously i don’t have any problem with it. But , lately the laptop turn off at certain battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by abdullah azka, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Windows 11 turn off after switching users

So i have a dell laptop with windows 11 pro, previously i don’t have any problem with it. But , lately the laptop turn off at certain battery percentage and i didn’t know what is the problem i’am having. So i always plugged in when using it and after two weeks, the laptop behaves normally like it doesnt turn off at certain battery anymore. And it turn off again at 51% previously turn off at 63%, and now i know the cause when my siblings use my laptop and i’m logged in to my laptop it automatically turn off. I didn’t know what is the problem

:)

abdullah azka, Feb 21, 2024

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Logoff, switch user in start windows

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

The general steps are as follows:

Click on the Start menu button in the bottom left corner of your screen.

Click on the Settings icon (gear icon) on the left side of the Start menu.

Click on the Personalization icon.

Click on the Start tab.

Scroll down to the list of options and make sure the "Power" option is turned on. If it's not, click on the toggle switch to turn it on.

Once the "Power" option is turned on, click on the "Choose which power button appears on the Start menu" link.

In the following window, make sure that the "Log off" and "Switch user" options are selected. If they're not, click on the checkboxes to select them.

Click "Save changes" to save your settings.

After completing these steps, the Log off and Switch user options should now be visible on your Start menu.

Regards.

Nicole Aljecera, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Windows 11 turn off after switching users

Can't sign out or switch users in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

If you are willing to switch between user try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Press Alt+F4.
    • This will open shut down window.
    • Click the down arrow key and select Switch user from the list.
    • Hit OK and it will show you other user account present on the PC.

Windows 11 turn off after switching users choose-switch-user-and-tap-ok.png

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 turn off after switching users

1. Windows 11 turn off after switching users - Similar Threads - turn off switching

2. Switch users on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch users on windows 11: When someone else is logged on, and the screen locks, it is impossible to "switch user" or for a different user to log on.This means the computer is completely unusable until that person logs on to log off, or we just force shut down the computer.Is it simply not possible to...
  3. Switch users on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch users on windows 11: When someone else is logged on, and the screen locks, it is impossible to "switch user" or for a different user to log on.This means the computer is completely unusable until that person logs on to log off, or we just force shut down the computer.Is it simply not possible to...
  4. Windows 11 turn off after switching users

Windows 11 turn off after switching users: So i have a dell laptop with windows 11 pro, previously i don’t have any problem with it. But , lately the laptop turn off at certain battery percentage and i didn’t know what is the problem i’am having. So i always plugged in when using it and after two weeks, the laptop...
  5. "Turn off the display" timer got reset after restart / switch off PC Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Turn off the display" timer got reset after restart / switch off PC Windows 11: Hello Community,I come back with the same issue that I met while being on Windows 10 regarding the "Turn off the display" timer...
  6. "Turn off the display" timer got reset after restart / switch off PC Windows 11

"Turn off the display" timer got reset after restart / switch off PC Windows 11: Hello Community,I come back with the same issue that I met while being on Windows 10 regarding the "Turn off the display" timer...
  7. Windows 11. Num Lock turns off when switching users. It is not the BIOS or Hardware....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11. Num Lock turns off when switching users. It is not the BIOS or Hardware....: I've personally placed into production over 20 Dell Windows 11 machines in the past 6 months. Optiplex. XPS. Laptops. All exhibit the same behaviour. When switching users from a standard user to an admin account for installation purposes the NUMLOCK key goes off. It is not...
  8. Windows 11. Num Lock turns off when switching users. It is not the BIOS or Hardware....

Windows 11. Num Lock turns off when switching users. It is not the BIOS or Hardware....: I've personally placed into production over 20 Dell Windows 11 machines in the past 6 months. Optiplex. XPS. Laptops. All exhibit the same behaviour. When switching users from a standard user to an admin account for installation purposes the NUMLOCK key goes off. It is not...
  9. Laptop turns off after switching on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns off after switching on?: I was working on my laptop (hp win 10) and went away for a moment and when I came back it was off when I turned it on I had a black screen and when I turned it off it turned off when I tried to turn it on it turned off with a clacking sound I tried to turn it on again and got...
  10. Background audio (Pandora) turns off when switching user

in Windows 10 Support
    Background audio (Pandora) turns off when switching user: When I had windows 7 I could go to my internet browsing user (my only user with internet access) and navigate to the Pandora Music Webpage (or youtube or whatever) and start streaming music, and when I switched to my other user that did not have internet access for security...