Windows 10: Windows 11 turning off secure boot changed nothing??

Discus and support Windows 11 turning off secure boot changed nothing?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Windows 11 Dell laptop has something called Secure Boot enabled on it, which requires a PIN be entered to boot to the desktop....To change this, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zlloyd1, Jul 30, 2022.

1. zlloyd1 Win User

Windows 11 turning off secure boot changed nothing??

My Windows 11 Dell laptop has something called Secure Boot enabled on it, which requires a PIN be entered to boot to the desktop....To change this, I entered BIOS screen at boot up and disabled it, which in turn required me to enter an extremely LONG Recovery Key to boot up, claiming it was because Secure Boot was not on. I thought that after I entered this 48 number long key, and restarting I would be allowed to boot directly to the desktop, but I was again forced to stop and enter my PIN to proceed to the desktop. So basically, everything I did in BIOS, had no effect whatsoever, and I am cur

:)

zlloyd1, Jul 30, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jul 30, 2022
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jul 30, 2022
  4. Windows 11 turning off secure boot changed nothing??

Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?

I currently have Windows 11 installed and I have Linux installed on another hard drive but can't access it due to Secure Boot. Is it safe for me to turn off secure boot temporarily so I can boot into Linux without breaking the Windows 11 install, then reenable Secure Boot to go back into Windows 11?

regthesk8r, Jul 30, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 turning off secure boot changed nothing??

1. Windows 11 turning off secure boot changed nothing?? - Similar Threads - turning off secure

2. window security turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window security turn off: Window Security turn off and some issue face.Antivirus no Providers. Firewall no Providers. Web Providers no Providers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-security-turn-off/84635842-62aa-470c-a7d9-f9bfa1d048de
  3. window security turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window security turn off: Window Security turn off and some issue face.Antivirus no Providers. Firewall no Providers. Web Providers no Providers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-security-turn-off/84635842-62aa-470c-a7d9-f9bfa1d048de
  4. window security turn off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Security turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security turned off: By Mistake my windows security turned off by me.What can i do for this??Please help me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-turned-off/59851a47-fbcf-433a-8038-e7c294f4dc29
  6. Windows Security turned off

Windows Security turned off: By Mistake my windows security turned off by me.What can i do for this??Please help me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-turned-off/59851a47-fbcf-433a-8038-e7c294f4dc29
  7. Windows 11 turning off secure boot changed nothing??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 turning off secure boot changed nothing??: My Windows 11 Dell laptop has something called Secure Boot enabled on it, which requires a PIN be entered to boot to the desktop....To change this, I entered BIOS screen at boot up and disabled it, which in turn required me to enter an extremely LONG Recovery Key to boot up,...
  8. Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?: I currently have Windows 11 installed and I have Linux installed on another hard drive but can't access it due to Secure Boot. Is it safe for me to turn off secure boot temporarily so I can boot into Linux without breaking the Windows 11 install, then reenable Secure Boot to...
  9. Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?

Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?: I currently have Windows 11 installed and I have Linux installed on another hard drive but can't access it due to Secure Boot. Is it safe for me to turn off secure boot temporarily so I can boot into Linux without breaking the Windows 11 install, then reenable Secure Boot to...
  10. Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?: As I get ready to do a clean install of 10074 I am curious about the need to disable secure boot and fast boot options. If I do disable secure boot do I need to enable legacy boot? I have had limited success with previous installs to a 2nd hard drive and the problems that...