Windows 10: Windows 11: Unable to change screen resolution for Nvidia DLDSR

Discus and support Windows 11: Unable to change screen resolution for Nvidia DLDSR in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As per title, I am unable to use the higher DLDSR resolutions on Windows 11. On my 1080p display, I select the 2880x1620 option provided by DLDSR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Riccorbypro, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Windows 11: Unable to change screen resolution for Nvidia DLDSR

As per title, I am unable to use the higher DLDSR resolutions on Windows 11. On my 1080p display, I select the 2880x1620 option provided by DLDSR through the NVidia drivers, but when I apply the setting my screen remains at 1080p. Windows shows me the "keep or revert display settings" window as normal, but there is a small notice that "Windows adjusted these settings to match your hardware capabilities". How do I override what Windows thinks is correct for my system? This is incredibly annoying being unable to use features of my hardware due to Windows thinking not using them is somehow "bet

:)

Riccorbypro, Jan 24, 2022

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 24, 2022
  3. Windows 10 - Screen Resolution Problem

Hi Watashi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the
      Recommended
      resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 24, 2022
  4. Windows 11: Unable to change screen resolution for Nvidia DLDSR

Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11: Unable to change screen resolution for Nvidia DLDSR

1. Windows 11: Unable to change screen resolution for Nvidia DLDSR - Similar Threads - Unable change screen

2. Windows 11: Unable to change screen resolution for Nvidia DLDSR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Unable to change screen resolution for Nvidia DLDSR: As per title, I am unable to use the higher DLDSR resolutions on Windows 11. On my 1080p display, I select the 2880x1620 option provided by DLDSR through the NVidia drivers, but when I apply the setting my screen remains at 1080p. Windows shows me the "keep or revert display...
  3. How to change Screen Resolution in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Screen Resolution in Windows 11: [IMG]The Display or Screen resolution refers to the clarity of the text and images displayed on your Windows PC screen. In this post, we will walk you through the two methods on how to check and change Screen Resolution in Windows 11. How to change Screen Resolution in...
  4. unable to change screen resolution or refresh rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to change screen resolution or refresh rate: I have a Lenovo laptop and I am trying to change my display resolutions in display settings> advanced display settings> display adapter properties> list all modes. it lets me select a different resolution, but it just waits 15 seconds and reverts when I apply it. The...
  5. unable to change resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change resolutions: i've noticed a problem during the 25th of march when i wasn't able to change the resolutions in games, im always stuck on my native resolution. i can however fix this problem by changing the resolution in the windows settings or changing the resolution in the game's config...
  6. Unable to change resolution

Unable to change resolution: My monitor died so I'm trying to connect an extra TV instead. The TV is a 42" monitor, but the image is too large & all the images are hidden. I tried to change the resolution, but that field is grayed out. I checked the driver, but it says I have the best one. I don't think...
  7. Unable to change screen resolution for external monitor

Unable to change screen resolution for external monitor: I have a Surface Laptop 3, and a Viotek 34" ultrawide monitor, connected through the Microsoft docking station using Display port to Mini-Display port. When I originally connected my laptop, I was able to adjust the external monitor's resolution with no problem. Recently,...
  8. Unable to change screen resolution - Grayed out

Unable to change screen resolution - Grayed out: I have been using two external monitors in addition to the laptop screen successfully for some time. A few days ago, the 3rd monitor attached to a USB adapter started showing the screen in a lower resolution (800x600) instead of 1024x768. When I tried to reset the resolution...
  9. Change screen resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change screen resolution: Since I installed Win 10 (over Win 7) icons JPGs are distorted- too wide The res recommended for this monitor is not available when I go to personalize on the desktop....
  10. change screen resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    change screen resolution: how do I change my screen resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-screen-resolution/34c8b5fe-01c1-4a31-bb33-5f496e03e8b9