Windows 10: Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update.

Discus and support Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, First, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question, and I did some searching on the forum to see if anyone had posted similar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by newberryle19, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update.

Hi, First, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question, and I did some searching on the forum to see if anyone had posted similar issues and could not find any examples, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have an alienware m15 r6 with a 3060 graphics card. I bought the laptop in november and it came with windows 10 on it. I held off on updating to windows 11 at first but decided to make the transition while updating my other systems. I have been running the computer with 3 to 4 monitors with no issues, until I made the update. The current setup goes li

:)

newberryle19, Feb 1, 2022
  2. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

The recent Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3213986) cripples multi-monitor gaming, looking at the way Microsoft worded its "known issues" text. After the update is applied, users with multi-monitor setups could experience screen stuttering or clipped screens when running 3D apps on machines with more than one monitor. The only workaround Microsoft suggests for now entails running your 3D apps in non-fullscreen modes, such as windowed-maximized (pseudo-fullscreen) or windowed modes. Microsoft also goes as far as to suggest that people with multi-monitors could try starting their 3D apps with just one monitor connected.

"Users may experience delayed or clipped screens while running 3D rendering apps (such as games) on systems with more than one monitor," the change-log for the KB3213986 update reads. "To work around this issue please consider the following options: 1. Running the application in Windows mode (not full screen), or 2. Starting the application with only one monitor connected," it adds. The update effectively cripples multi-monitor gaming, using technologies such as AMD Eyefinity or NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround.

Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update. 5781d75ceca3_thm.jpg

Source: Microsoft

btarunr, Feb 1, 2022
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

This should be enough to get the conspiracy theorists suggesting that Microsoft is intentionally crippling multi-monitor support in fullscreen mode since games sold on the Microsoft Store all work in the pseudo-fullscreen mode...

Or it could just be an idiotic bug that will be fixed in time.

qubit, Feb 1, 2022
  4. Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update.

Unusual hard disk behavior

I have power options set to never turn the hard disk off. So far the drive hasn't been shutting off, but the constant activity has continued.

This is my task manager processes sorted by most disk activity:

Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update. [​IMG]

I also ran the Western Digital Diagnostics app and it passed the tests as you can see here:

Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update. [​IMG]

As suggested I'm in the process of backing up my drive, but I would certainly prefer it not die on me. *Sad

TeeJay3800, Feb 1, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update.

1. Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update. - Similar Threads - unusual behavior multi

2. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client: Hello, I am asking if anyone knows this particular issue I am having concerning local IP address assignment. Basically, whenever my machine connects to WiFi, it reports as having no internet. Going into the event viewer, there are multiple logs from the dhcp client about IP...
  3. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client: Hello, I am asking if anyone knows this particular issue I am having concerning local IP address assignment. Basically, whenever my machine connects to WiFi, it reports as having no internet. Going into the event viewer, there are multiple logs from the dhcp client about IP...
  4. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unusual PC Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual PC Behavior: Hello. I have been having problems with my computer constantly freezing and crashing. I have tried many things to fix this issue, including:1. Cleaning my registry with trusted software2. Updating all of my drivers,3. Removing junk files4. Using the sfc/ scannow and dskchk...
  6. Unusual PC Behavior

Unusual PC Behavior: Hello. I have been having problems with my computer constantly freezing and crashing. I have tried many things to fix this issue, including:1. Cleaning my registry with trusted software2. Updating all of my drivers,3. Removing junk files4. Using the sfc/ scannow and dskchk...
  7. Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update.

Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update.: Hi, First, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question, and I did some searching on the forum to see if anyone had posted similar issues and could not find any examples, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have an alienware m15 r6 with a...
  8. Unusual Screen Behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unusual Screen Behavior: Hello everyone! I was encountering this problem not too long ago with my Windows 10 Acer Aspire A514-53. Every time I turn on my PC, a straight horizontal purple line at the bottom part of the screen keeps on blinking and lasts for at least 30 seconds or more. This behavior...
  9. Unusual Hibernate Wake Behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unusual Hibernate Wake Behavior: Recently i've had some strange issues with my computer waking from hibernate. I'm running a 6600k Gtx 1070 setup. The first time *yesterday* after waking from hibernate my graphics card? or driver did not start up or something. The screen never got a signal and i was forced...
  10. Unusual hard disk behavior

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unusual hard disk behavior: The last week or so my laptop has had a lot of unusual disk activity. It used to be behave such that unless there was a background scan running or an app was actively being loaded, the hard drive was idle. Now it's constantly making noises as if it's running. It will do be...