Windows 10: windows 11 update 22H2 caused game to stutter until I disabled an Nvidia service

Discus and support windows 11 update 22H2 caused game to stutter until I disabled an Nvidia service in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hellonot sure where to post this feedback.Ever since I updated to the latest windows version 22H2, my game "Destiny 2" has been stuttering nonstop.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Oerba, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Oerba Win User

windows 11 update 22H2 caused game to stutter until I disabled an Nvidia service

Hellonot sure where to post this feedback.Ever since I updated to the latest windows version 22H2, my game "Destiny 2" has been stuttering nonstop.I tried every solution available which included fresh installs of drivers, the game, etc.Finally, I found a random reddit post that advised people to disable an Nvidia service called "NVIDIA FrameView SDK service".I clicked "Stop" on that service and ran the game again. All the stuttering issues disappeared, the game worked well now.This issue only occurred after installing the latest windows update.Here is the reddit post just in case: https://www.

:)

Oerba, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Chrysler Win User

Recurrent stutters in games caused by Diagnostics Policy Service

Hi,

I'd like to report an issue I have been experiencing since early Windows 10 Insider builds (if I remember correctly). At the start of every minute, games stutter for about half a second. The stuttering is literally happening exactly every minute. Sometimes
    the stutters are barely noticeably and sometimes they are lasting for more than half a second which is extremely distracting.

I found out that the System Resource Usage Monitor (SRUM) of Diagnostics Policy Service is the cause, more specifically the Energy Estimation Provider (eeprov.dll). It seems to collect stats about energy consumption in the background. Stopping the DPS service
    or just deleting the entry for eeprov.dll at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SRUM\Extensions\{97C2CE28-A37B-4920-B1E9-8B76CD341EC5} fixes the stuttering.

My system:

Windows 10 Pro x64 1511

Packard Bell EasyNote TK 85

Intel Core i5-460M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, using latest display driver 359.00

6 GB DDR3 memory

SSD system drive

I discovered that the stuttering only happens when games are running with the dedicated NVIDIA graphics adapter. The stutters disappear if I switch to the Intel graphics driver. I am not sure who's to blame, SRUM or the NVIDIA driver, but thought I'll report the
    issue here in any case.

Chrysler, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Windows 11 HDR + Nvidia GPU Stutter

Windows Version: 21H2 Build: 22000.556

Nvidia Driver Version: 512.15

Windows 11 has a stuttering issue with HDR enabled on Nvidia graphics cards. In some games such as Apex Legends a hitch will occur causing gameplay disruption. The issue typically only pops up shortly every 5-20 minutes, so it’s easy to miss, but I have narrowed it down to HDR after checking every possible windows and BIOS setting.

As for troubleshooting steps I have tried swapping all of my hardware including GPU, CPU, MOBO, & RAM. I have also reinstalled Windows 2x and setting everything back to default. This issue has been present for as long as I have been using Windows 11, and I'm not sure if its an Nvidia Driver issue or windows issue, but I want to make sure it is reported and eventually fixed.

DukeNukem_3D_Forever, Sep 25, 2022
  4. windows 11 update 22H2 caused game to stutter until I disabled an Nvidia service

High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

windows 11 update 22H2 caused game to stutter until I disabled an Nvidia service

1. windows 11 update 22H2 caused game to stutter until I disabled an Nvidia service - Similar Threads - update 22H2 caused

2. XBOX Gaming Services causes stutter when playing non-GamePass games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Gaming Services causes stutter when playing non-GamePass games.: I have noticed that XBOX Gaming Services launches as a background process when I run non-XBOX games. It also launches when I open the Steam app, and anytime I run a game from the desktop. I have GamePass installed too. Why does Gaming Services launch when I am not using...
  3. XBOX Gaming Services causes stutter when playing non-GamePass games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX Gaming Services causes stutter when playing non-GamePass games.: I have noticed that XBOX Gaming Services launches as a background process when I run non-XBOX games. It also launches when I open the Steam app, and anytime I run a game from the desktop. I have GamePass installed too. Why does Gaming Services launch when I am not using...
  4. Version 22h2 stuttering in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Version 22h2 stuttering in games: I recently rebuilt my computer 13700k, new ram new Mobo but before I did I updated to 22h2 and immediately noticed that GTA 5 stuttered badly... unplayable. I reverted back to 21h2 and the issue went away. But now that I've had to reinstall windows with the created boot USB...
  5. Version 22h2 stuttering in games

Version 22h2 stuttering in games: I recently rebuilt my computer 13700k, new ram new Mobo but before I did I updated to 22h2 and immediately noticed that GTA 5 stuttered badly... unplayable. I reverted back to 21h2 and the issue went away. But now that I've had to reinstall windows with the created boot USB...
  6. NVIDIA not working after windows 11 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA not working after windows 11 22h2 update: After I updated to windows 11 22H2 my games and other video editing software which uses NVIDIA graphic cards started to get FPS down like 5 to 10 and video editing apps like premier pro wont use CUDA for rendering but if I reinstall the NVIDIA graphic driver from GeForce...
  7. NVIDIA not working after windows 11 22h2 update

NVIDIA not working after windows 11 22h2 update: After I updated to windows 11 22H2 my games and other video editing software which uses NVIDIA graphic cards started to get FPS down like 5 to 10 and video editing apps like premier pro wont use CUDA for rendering but if I reinstall the NVIDIA graphic driver from GeForce...
  8. windows 11 update 22H2 caused game to stutter until I disabled an Nvidia service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 update 22H2 caused game to stutter until I disabled an Nvidia service: Hellonot sure where to post this feedback.Ever since I updated to the latest windows version 22H2, my game "Destiny 2" has been stuttering nonstop.I tried every solution available which included fresh installs of drivers, the game, etc.Finally, I found a random reddit post...
  9. Windows 11 HDR + Nvidia GPU Stutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HDR + Nvidia GPU Stutter: Windows Version: 21H2 Build: 22000.556 Nvidia Driver Version: 512.15 Windows 11 has a stuttering issue with HDR enabled on Nvidia graphics cards. In some games such as Apex Legends a hitch will occur causing gameplay disruption. The issue typically only pops up shortly every...
  10. Software Protection Service causing stutter

in Windows 10 Support
    Software Protection Service causing stutter: Once or twice a day I get a half second of stutter where my video and audio will stutter for half a second. The only thing I've found in the Windows Logs seems to be the Software Protection Service starts when the stutter happens. Any ideas? I've done a full format with no...