Windows 10: Windows 11 update breaks the microphone and mouse drives

Discus and support Windows 11 update breaks the microphone and mouse drives in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows update always breaks the mouse drivers and microphone drivers it is such a pain. when connected using the USB port it mouse will take like 15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by . Bhawya, Mar 14, 2023.

1. . Bhawya Win User

Windows 11 update breaks the microphone and mouse drives

Windows update always breaks the mouse drivers and microphone drivers it is such a pain. when connected using the USB port it mouse will take like 15 to 20 mins to be detected and when connect the earphone with the audio jack microphone won't be detected. Before the update everything was working fine. I was so happy. But now I don't know what to do. Please suggest!!

:)

. Bhawya, Mar 14, 2023
  2. Aqib_Ali Win User

Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone

I always pause my updates on windows but it keeps updating to the latest version and breaks my microphone.

I tried everything but nothing works, all I can do now is to keep rolling back windows every week

every time windows updates it changes the microphone to microphone array built in the webcam which is really quiet.

Why is the new update breaking my microphone?

Aqib_Ali, Mar 14, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 14, 2023
  4. Windows 11 update breaks the microphone and mouse drives

Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Mar 14, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 update breaks the microphone and mouse drives

1. Windows 11 update breaks the microphone and mouse drives - Similar Threads - update breaks microphone

2. Windows 11 update breaks the microphone and mouse drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update breaks the microphone and mouse drives: Windows update always breaks the mouse drivers and microphone drivers it is such a pain. when connected using the USB port it mouse will take like 15 to 20 mins to be detected and when connect the earphone with the audio jack microphone won't be detected. Before the update...
  3. Windows 11 updates breaks activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates breaks activation: I purchased 10 mini pc. each time i run the first OS load I see windows 11 is activated. As soon as I run updates i get "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed." Nothing was changed physically, only the intel driver updates. I ran sfc didn't help I ran...
  4. Windows 11 updates breaks activation

Windows 11 updates breaks activation: I purchased 10 mini pc. each time i run the first OS load I see windows 11 is activated. As soon as I run updates i get "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed." Nothing was changed physically, only the intel driver updates. I ran sfc didn't help I ran...
  5. Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone: I always pause my updates on windows but it keeps updating to the latest version and breaks my microphone. I tried everything but nothing works, all I can do now is to keep rolling back windows every week every time windows updates it changes the microphone to microphone...
  6. Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone

Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone: I always pause my updates on windows but it keeps updating to the latest version and breaks my microphone. I tried everything but nothing works, all I can do now is to keep rolling back windows every week every time windows updates it changes the microphone to microphone...
  7. Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows update breaks my Microphone Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update breaks my Microphone Drivers: So this is the thrid iteration of the issue. The series of events is, I get a Windows update - I Update - My BlueYeti Microphone stop working - time passes it returns to normal. So from digging about what appears to be happening is the Microphone uses a UAC3576B Driver in...
  9. New windows update breaks my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New windows update breaks my microphone: Around yesterday this problem began to occur where my laptop would recognize 2 audio inputs, the built in microphone array attached with the webcam, and my external microphone attached to my headset. However, it would only detect audio from the internal microphone on any...
  10. Windows 10 update breaking hard drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update breaking hard drives?: Ever since the latest came out windows has destroyed 2 hard drives mine and my boyfriends. I was lucky enough to have a backup but it has windows 7 and no drivers installed. Can i have microsoft pay for the damages to the computers or can they replace my stuff for me since it...