Windows 10: Windows 11 update corrupts drivers

Discus and support Windows 11 update corrupts drivers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Following a windows update Half of my USB ports and a HDMI port have stopped working. I see from another post the this is probably a driver issue. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TiteOne, May 17, 2024.

1. TiteOne Win User

Windows 11 update corrupts drivers

Hi Following a windows update Half of my USB ports and a HDMI port have stopped working. I see from another post the this is probably a driver issue. I have tried deleting the non working device and restarting the computer but the new drivers fail to load. I have tried rolling back the update but the problem is still ongoing. I note that there may be a drivers .zip file for me to replace the one in the windows /system32/ file but I have been unable to download this file. Any help appreciated. this has happened on two of our office computers.

:)

TiteOne, May 17, 2024
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 17, 2024
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, May 17, 2024
  4. btarunr Win User

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Windows 11 update corrupts drivers 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, May 17, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows 11 update corrupts drivers - Similar Threads - update corrupts drivers

2. Windows 11 update corrupts drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update corrupts drivers: Hi Following a windows update Half of my USB ports and a HDMI port have stopped working. I see from another post the this is probably a driver issue. I have tried deleting the non working device and restarting the computer but the new drivers fail to load. I have tried...
  3. Reinstall corrupted cdrom.sys driver on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall corrupted cdrom.sys driver on Windows 11: I would like to install an external optical drive DVD writer on my HP Omen desktop which is running Win 11. I have been unsuccessful doing so because it seems the cdrom.sys file is corrupted. I've tried using two DVD drives from two different manufacturers and the computer...
  4. Reinstall corrupted cdrom.sys driver on Windows 11

Reinstall corrupted cdrom.sys driver on Windows 11: I would like to install an external optical drive DVD writer on my HP Omen desktop which is running Win 11. I have been unsuccessful doing so because it seems the cdrom.sys file is corrupted. I've tried using two DVD drives from two different manufacturers and the computer...
  5. Corrupted drivers from windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted drivers from windows update: My PC was BSOD randomly. It is able to livestream 7 hours straight, or immediately BSOD when I see the desktop.I did a reformat, everything up to date automatically with windows update, and the problem persists.Since I checked my RAM and SSD, finally I ended up with driver...
  6. Corrupted drivers from windows update

Corrupted drivers from windows update: My PC was BSOD randomly. It is able to livestream 7 hours straight, or immediately BSOD when I see the desktop.I did a reformat, everything up to date automatically with windows update, and the problem persists.Since I checked my RAM and SSD, finally I ended up with driver...
  7. Corrupted drivers from windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption: Edition: Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 20H2 OS Build: 19042.746 -------------------------------------------- So I was trying to install the latest "Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 x64-based systems KB4601382 and noticed windows update kept having...
  9. windows 10 - windows update and driver corruption

windows 10 - windows update and driver corruption: What is the difference between windows update for windows 7 and windows 10 that causes driver corruption during windows updates. and will it EVER be fixed? I never, not even once, had windows update on windows 7 corrupt my drivers, but on windows 10 it's a regular occurrence....
  10. Update corrupts driver

Update corrupts driver: When is Microsoft going to provide a fix for their last update that screwed up the "Microsoft Bluetooth A2dp Source" that prevents my Bluetooth Headphones from working? Device Mgr shows problem , (cannot verify digital signature) of this driver. New SB2 running WIN 10 - Sony...