Windows 10: Windows 11 update disappeared on Windows 10

Discus and support Windows 11 update disappeared on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few days ago I received the free update to Windows 11 on my Windows 10 laptop. I did not update immediately, and when I did decide to update, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hersh Kumar, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Windows 11 update disappeared on Windows 10

A few days ago I received the free update to Windows 11 on my Windows 10 laptop. I did not update immediately, and when I did decide to update, I clicked on "Check for updates" once just to see if there were any other updates available for Windows 10. However on doing this, the Windows 11 update disappeared from the Windows Update menu and hasn't popped up again since that. Will I receive it again, or would I have to proceed with the Installation Assistant now? And is there any difference in the versions if I do it through the Installation Assistant as opposed to the prompt in Windows Update s

:)

Hersh Kumar, Nov 5, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 5, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Nov 5, 2021
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 11 update disappeared on Windows 10

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 update disappeared on Windows 10

1. Windows 11 update disappeared on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - update disappeared

2. Due to Windows Updates, my taskbar disappeared & performance degraded. how can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Due to Windows Updates, my taskbar disappeared & performance degraded. how can I...: Earlier this year, my taskbar suddenly disappeared after an update. I have never changed the update settings before. So after an EXTENSIVE WASTE of my time, I googled for a fix and managed to uninstall the update and restore to a previous point. I turned off updates and...
  3. Due to Windows Updates, my taskbar disappeared & performance degraded. how can I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Due to Windows Updates, my taskbar disappeared & performance degraded. how can I...: Earlier this year, my taskbar suddenly disappeared after an update. I have never changed the update settings before. So after an EXTENSIVE WASTE of my time, I googled for a fix and managed to uninstall the update and restore to a previous point. I turned off updates and...
  4. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...
  5. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...
  6. Printers have all disappeared after March 2024 update on tuesday/wednesday.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers have all disappeared after March 2024 update on tuesday/wednesday.: Hi My printers have all disappeared after the March 2024 Windows 11 update . Troubleshooters in 'Settings' don't work, and I'm unable to add printers, as the 'Settings' app just hangs.I have booted into 'Safe' mode and can see the printers in the printer list. I have removed...
  7. Printers have all disappeared after March 2024 update on tuesday/wednesday.

Printers have all disappeared after March 2024 update on tuesday/wednesday.: Hi My printers have all disappeared after the March 2024 Windows 11 update . Troubleshooters in 'Settings' don't work, and I'm unable to add printers, as the 'Settings' app just hangs.I have booted into 'Safe' mode and can see the printers in the printer list. I have removed...
  8. pop quiz. if windows update causes my taskbar to disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pop quiz. if windows update causes my taskbar to disappear: how long will it take me to install Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-quiz-if-windows-update-causes-my-taskbar-to/2224faf2-b13f-438d-8ef7-97277e959728
  9. pop quiz. if windows update causes my taskbar to disappear

pop quiz. if windows update causes my taskbar to disappear: how long will it take me to install Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-quiz-if-windows-update-causes-my-taskbar-to/2224faf2-b13f-438d-8ef7-97277e959728
  10. cursor didn't disappear after moving and keep flashing after 2024.2.20 update to windows 11 pro

cursor didn't disappear after moving and keep flashing after 2024.2.20 update to windows 11 pro: Everything was fine before last night. then a new update hit and my mouse cursor flashed everywhere. No matter I move to which location, cursor arrow in previous location did not disappear and keeps flashing. If I use my touch screen, they all disappear and cursor returns to...