Windows 10: Windows 11 Update Failures

Discus and support Windows 11 Update Failures in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm getting update failures on our windows 11 machine.Each update is getting the same error code: Installation Failure: Windows failed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RN_023, May 1, 2024.

  1. RN_023 Win User

    Windows 11 Update Failures


    Hello, I'm getting update failures on our windows 11 machine.Each update is getting the same error code: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070002I have triedOpen cmd as administratorRun these commands, make sure it says service stopped successfully, or not started.net stop wuauservnet stop cryptSvcnet stop bitsnet stop msiserverren C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.oldren C:\\Windows\\System32\\catroot2 Catroot2.oldRun these commands, make sure it says service started successfully.net start wuaus

    :)
     
    RN_023, May 1, 2024
    #1
Thema:

Windows 11 Update Failures

Loading...
  1. Windows 11 Update Failures - Similar Threads - Update Failures

  2. Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates: Microsoft has fixed a known issue that stopped the File History backup feature from working on some Windows PCs after the September 2026 security updates were installed. The fix ships in the optional KB5124010 and KB5124006 cumulative updates for Windows 11, according to...
  3. Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures: To deal with the Remote Desktop Services (RDS) failures caused by the September 2026 security updates, as well as with Hyper-V and USB audio problems on certain versions of Windows, Microsoft has issued emergency out-of-band Windows updates. The September 2026 security...
  4. Emergency Windows 11 Updates Fix Shutdown And Remote Desktop Failures

    in Windows 10 News
    Emergency Windows 11 Updates Fix Shutdown And Remote Desktop Failures: Microsoft has issued emergency out-of-band updates for Microsoft Windows 11 after the latest security patches introduced two serious regressions. Affected systems were unable to shut down or hibernate correctly, and Remote Desktop sign-ins failed on certain configurations....
  5. Windows 10 KB5072653 emergency update fixes ESU failure, 0x800f0922 affecting KB5068781

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5072653 emergency update fixes ESU failure, 0x800f0922 affecting KB5068781: Windows 10 KB5072653 is now rolling out, and it’s yet another emergency update, also known as an out-of-band update. This update should allow more PCs to install Windows 10’s Extended Security Updates (ESU). It looks like Microsoft finally patched 0x800f0922, which affected...
  6. Windows 11 failure to update cumulative update error 0x80070570

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 failure to update cumulative update error 0x80070570: I have had c drive issues and I used a recovery drive a month ago and it worked for a while. Today while boot up I saw the annoying screen say scanning and repairing c drive. I know this wouldn’t help thought because over time when I had this issue it did nothing. Please...
  7. Windows 11 failure to update cumulative update error 0x80070570

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 failure to update cumulative update error 0x80070570: I have had c drive issues and I used a recovery drive a month ago and it worked for a while. Today while boot up I saw the annoying screen say scanning and repairing c drive. I know this wouldn’t help thought because over time when I had this issue it did nothing. Please...
  8. Camera not working after update failure, how do I wipe everything?

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not working after update failure, how do I wipe everything?: A month ago my camera was working until Intel dropped an update, I tried installing it but it failed and now my camera is producing the error in the SS. How can I fix this?...
  9. Camera not working after update failure, how do I wipe everything?

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not working after update failure, how do I wipe everything?: A month ago my camera was working until Intel dropped an update, I tried installing it but it failed and now my camera is producing the error in the SS. How can I fix this?...
  10. Recent Windows update causing total failure, unable to reset or backload.

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows update causing total failure, unable to reset or backload.: The issues started on 6/11/25, the day after the 6/10/25 update was installed onto our PC. Our PC would crash and shut down when playing Fortnite. Upon rebooting, it would load to the windows diagnostic menu and would not make any progress towards getting back into the...