Windows 10: Windows 11 update grey screen of death

Discus and support Windows 11 update grey screen of death in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I updated to windows 11 and now I get the grey screen of death. There was no proir warning that my machine was not compatible. I have also reported... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NM689, Dec 1, 2021.

1. NM689 Win User

Windows 11 update grey screen of death

I updated to windows 11 and now I get the grey screen of death. There was no proir warning that my machine was not compatible. I have also reported several times. What is the process to fix this? The free update came from Microsoft

:)

NM689, Dec 1, 2021
  2. t_ski Win User
    t_ski, Dec 1, 2021
  3. qubit Win User
    qubit, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Windows 11 update grey screen of death

Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 update grey screen of death

1. Windows 11 update grey screen of death - Similar Threads - update grey screen

2. Grey screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen of death: Hey I’m really nervous because I downloaded a faulty malware of some sorts I don’t know what and I was able to restore the pc to a point before the current windows that I had was installed, I did this and it booted perfectly it wasn’t until the second time I turned my...
  3. Grey screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen of death: Hey I’m really nervous because I downloaded a faulty malware of some sorts I don’t know what and I was able to restore the pc to a point before the current windows that I had was installed, I did this and it booted perfectly it wasn’t until the second time I turned my...
  4. Grey screen of death ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen of death ?: Was playing call of duty earlier and noticed one of the monitors go grey so I tabbed to main screen which was also grey I have reset the computer multiple times and unplugged everything but is still showing up grey and text /login pictures aren't showing up please help...
  5. Grey screen of death ?

Grey screen of death ?: Was playing call of duty earlier and noticed one of the monitors go grey so I tabbed to main screen which was also grey I have reset the computer multiple times and unplugged everything but is still showing up grey and text /login pictures aren't showing up please help...
  6. Grey screen of death ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Grey screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen of death: Hi! I recently started having problems with my PC the main issue really the only issue is that everytime I log in with my password to access the PC I get a grey screen that appears every 1-2 seconds and while it goes grey it also refreshes the taskbar making it so that I...
  8. Grey screen of death

Grey screen of death: Hi! I recently started having problems with my PC the main issue really the only issue is that everytime I log in with my password to access the PC I get a grey screen that appears every 1-2 seconds and while it goes grey it also refreshes the taskbar making it so that I...
  9. Windows 11 update grey screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update grey screen of death: I updated to windows 11 and now I get the grey screen of death. There was no proir warning that my machine was not compatible. I have also reported several times. What is the process to fix this? The free update came from Microsoft...
  10. Grey screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey screen of death: So i have encountered the grey screen of death. I have tried all the soloutions ive seen on the internet such as holding the power key of 5-10 seconds and repeating three times that fidnt work i turned the power key on while clicking the delete repeatly until the grey screen...