Windows 10: Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer

Discus and support Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few days ago I updated my new HP less than 2 mo. old to windows 11 and it was working fine. Today I got a notification that windows 11 needed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Deadhead312, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer

A few days ago I updated my new HP less than 2 mo. old to windows 11 and it was working fine. Today I got a notification that windows 11 needed to restart and indicated that would take about 5 minutes.More than 5 minutes passes and I finally get a message saying I can't be logged into my account. So I sign out and attempt to log back on. I put in my PIN and i get the spinning wheels saying it's preparing my update. When I finally get to the desktop, 1 it is not my desktop - in fact none of my programs/icons/etc. are anywhere to be found; and 2 my taskbar is completely blank. I can't open

:)

Deadhead312, Nov 12, 2021

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 12, 2021
  3. Frozen Computer

Hi Cindy,

In order for us to help you with your frozen computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 12, 2021
  4. Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer

Windows 10 update (version 1511, 10586) Frozen at 11%

Ive been trying to update ....Windows 10 update (version 1511, 10586) it is frozen at 11% and has been that way for a day.

I have read other posts and done both options but I still cannot cancel or do anything with my computer..Help!!

Mary AnneDades, Nov 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer

1. Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer - Similar Threads - Update has completly

2. My laptop is completely frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is completely frozen: Mouse doesn’t work, no keys work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-completely-frozen/ceb5717b-14f0-4521-a59e-762d057cdcb0
  3. My laptop is completely frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is completely frozen: Mouse doesn’t work, no keys work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-completely-frozen/ceb5717b-14f0-4521-a59e-762d057cdcb0
  4. My laptop is completely frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer frozen - windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer frozen - windows update: I am doing a windows system update. The computer is frozen with the message - Please wait while we install a system update. Power button isn't working as I think the update has locked it down. So I can't restart. Update has been like this for about 15 hours now. The only...
  6. Computer frozen - windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer frozen - windows update: I am doing a windows system update. The computer is frozen with the message - Please wait while we install a system update. Power button isn't working as I think the update has locked it down. So I can't restart. Update has been like this for about 15 hours now. The only...
  7. Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer: A few days ago I updated my new HP less than 2 mo. old to windows 11 and it was working fine. Today I got a notification that windows 11 needed to restart and indicated that would take about 5 minutes.More than 5 minutes passes and I finally get a message saying I can't be...
  8. Update has frozen computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update has frozen computer: Signed off last night and gave the go ahead to "update and shut down". Came in this morning and when I boot up computer I just get "lenovo" on black screen and it won't come on past that. Suggestions?...
  9. Windows Update has destabilized my computer completely.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update has destabilized my computer completely.: Mac Mini 2018. Core i7. 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD, married to a Razer Core X/Radeon VII. Running Catalyst 19.82. Windows 10 64 bit fully updated. All my non-Windows PC apps/files were shoved into a TB3 SSD Drive. The Mac Mini was partitioned 50/50 Mac and Windows. Yesterday...
  10. COMPLETELY FROZEN!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMPLETELY FROZEN!!: I have a Windows 10 laptop and am completely frozen. I cannot even logout, restart it or anything at all. I cannot even shutdown by pressing the start button. Please help....