Windows 10: Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop

Discus and support Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop is a ASUS X515EA which I bought some 6 months ago for a course I’m taking I have to use your office software, so had to buy a windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Johnny_13, Nov 5, 2022.

1. Johnny_13 Win User

Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop

Hi, my laptop is a ASUS X515EA which I bought some 6 months ago for a course I’m taking I have to use your office software, so had to buy a windows machine. It’s been used prob <20 times for my coursework only. The only extra software installed is O365 from my university. So this is effectively a hardly used, pristine computer with no faults… other than Microsoft it seems.I needed to use it today for an assessment. So I first left it to install the pile of updates that built up after the few weeks it’s not been used. Everything was fine until the Windows 11 update. On installation

:)

Johnny_13, Nov 5, 2022

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Update killed hello on an Asus 2 in 1 laptop

Windows 10 Anniversary Update killed hello on an Asus 2 in 1 laptop Model Q534U ASUS

Hello was working and recognized my face and the up date stoped it.

Downloaded new Drivers and installed. Hello is turned on in the control pannel

The error on startup says unable to start camera.

Charles L Mims, Nov 5, 2022
  3. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 5, 2022
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop - Similar Threads - update has killed

2. Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop one more ..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop one more ..: Hello Just a quick testimony to say the last Win 11 update killed my computer Asus UX325.. Brand new about 6months , expensive.. and now i am in **** because of Microsoft.. ASUS will not cover repair for free.. I have no idea how much it is going to cost quotation...
  3. Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop one more ..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop one more ..: Hello Just a quick testimony to say the last Win 11 update killed my computer Asus UX325.. Brand new about 6months , expensive.. and now i am in **** because of Microsoft.. ASUS will not cover repair for free.. I have no idea how much it is going to cost quotation...
  4. Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop: Hi, my laptop is a ASUS X515EA which I bought some 6 months ago for a course I’m taking I have to use your office software, so had to buy a windows machine. It’s been used prob <20 times for my coursework only. The only extra software installed is O365 from my university. So...
  5. Windows 11 update killed my laptop!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update killed my laptop!!: I clicked to restart my laptop so the Windows 11 update to proceed but once my laptop shut down it won't come back on. It was at 80 percent charge before it shut down. How do I get my laptop to reset and come back on??...
  6. Windows 11 update killed my laptop!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update killed my laptop!!: I clicked to restart my laptop so the Windows 11 update to proceed but once my laptop shut down it won't come back on. It was at 80 percent charge before it shut down. How do I get my laptop to reset and come back on??...
  7. Windows 11 update killed my laptop!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. New Update Killed Laptop

New Update Killed Laptop: My laptop was working fine yesterday, then suddenly bam! I can't even get passed the date and time screen. I did all the basics: restarted, control+alt+delete, accessed that recovery environment thing, tried to system restore, uninstall updates, startup repair. The only...
  9. Windows update killed my brand new laptop!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update killed my brand new laptop!: After the most recent windows update, my laptop is completely dead. I can't turn it on at all. I tried three different chargers thinking maybe the battery died. I got nothing. No lights. Nothing! I just bought three laptops for my kids for school. I am schooling at home. We...
  10. Update kills laptop BIOS (ASUS x505bp)

Update kills laptop BIOS (ASUS x505bp): Windows is trying to install the update "ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - Firmware - 5/30/2019 12:00:00 AM - 10.1.2.314.", Which it cannot install, and as a result, the bios of my laptop just breaks, I have to take it for repair , and pay money. Did I buy a licensed Windows in order...