Windows 10: Windows 11 update is pending download

Discus and support Windows 11 update is pending download in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I reset my computer and after it reset while setting it up it asked me if I want to update to windows 11 so I clicked yes knowing my pc is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Prahalad l, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Windows 11 update is pending download

So I reset my computer and after it reset while setting it up it asked me if I want to update to windows 11 so I clicked yes knowing my pc is supported. But it opened up windows 10 and when I checked the update settings windows 11 was there. The issue is that it says download is pending but when I click do blood nothing happens.

:)

Prahalad l, Nov 10, 2021
  2. DDHill Win User

Windows authomatic downloads are all pending.

I recently had to reinstall Windows 10. Now my Windows updates all say pending but they are all pending. I have tried all the steps suggested in the community forum all except doing a clean installation. What can I do. I upgraded from Windows 8 several
    years back and now I have Windows 8 and Windows 10 downloads. What can I do

DDHill, Nov 10, 2021
  3. Updates pending

I am running with windows 10.0.20231 and have pending updates for:

• Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.20241.1005 (rs_prerelease)
    • Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - Keyboard - Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support
    For some reason the updates continue to show as pending and are not being installed. I ran the update troubleshooter and the only issue it found was:

Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException

I'm unclear as to why this is a problem or what I need to do to resume my downloads, anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to fix this?

MarkWood-Patrick, Nov 10, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 11 update is pending download

Abort pending Windows 11 upgrade download

Thanks, I've set that as a group policy.

That also led me to inspect a related group policy setting- despite having opted out of the Insider program, I found one set to enable preview builds. It's likely it's that that was allowing Win 11.

Also had to reset my group policy to defer feature upgrades for 365 days.

Also this time round I tried Windows Update Minitool- this time a scan did list Win 11, which I've hidden.

I had also tried a System Restore point created before the first attempt to download it occurred- that didn't help.

I'll now wait until the next automatic check for updates, and see what that shows, rather than checking manually ('seeker' check).

dalchina, Nov 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 update is pending download

1. Windows 11 update is pending download - Similar Threads - update pending download

2. Windows updates stuck on pending download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates stuck on pending download: Hi! I'm hoping someone can help me out. After a fresh install of windows 10, I was able to perform some windows updates. After successfully installing them, a load more appeared saying pending download, but they continued saying this as though they were stuck. Pressing the...
  3. Windows updates stuck on pending download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates stuck on pending download: Hi! I'm hoping someone can help me out. After a fresh install of windows 10, I was able to perform some windows updates. After successfully installing them, a load more appeared saying pending download, but they continued saying this as though they were stuck. Pressing the...
  4. Windows updates stuck on pending download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 update is pending download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update is pending download: So I reset my computer and after it reset while setting it up it asked me if I want to update to windows 11 so I clicked yes knowing my pc is supported. But it opened up windows 10 and when I checked the update settings windows 11 was there. The issue is that it says download...
  6. Windows 11 update is pending download

Windows 11 update is pending download: So I reset my computer and after it reset while setting it up it asked me if I want to update to windows 11 so I clicked yes knowing my pc is supported. But it opened up windows 10 and when I checked the update settings windows 11 was there. The issue is that it says download...
  7. Windows Updates Stuck On Pending Download

Windows Updates Stuck On Pending Download: Have been unable to update windows for almost half a year have tried alot of stuff none of it working. There is no option to install the updates or to schedule them. I have reinstalled windows before as well and it didn't fix the problem either. Have tried the whole stopping...
  8. Windows Update stuck at Pending Download

Windows Update stuck at Pending Download: I am thinking it's stuck because for some reason network connection says "Not Connected" but internet is fully functional. Also, RDP does not work. I am guessing both are Microsoft products and both apps are probably checking if there is a connection using the status...
  9. Update stuck on download pending

Update stuck on download pending: I've tried everything I can find on google. Using cmd etc etc I have managed to manually install 3 updates but the 2 left dont seem to install Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.303.1584.0)\ 2019-10 Cumulative Update for...
  10. Windows Update Stuck on Download Pending

Windows Update Stuck on Download Pending: I own a HP Spectre x360 and sometime last month I have not been able to receive windows updates. I have tired many of the tips out there from running a reset code to deleting the Software Distribution downloads folder to no luck. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas of...