Windows 10: Windows 11 Update KB5023706 - After install EXPLORER keeps starting over and over

Discus and support Windows 11 Update KB5023706 - After install EXPLORER keeps starting over and over in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 Update KB5023706 - After installing EXPLORER keeps starting over and over again so the START Button and desktop ICONS never appear, you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ALAN HALL3, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Update KB5023706 - After install EXPLORER keeps starting over and over

Windows 11 Update KB5023706 - After installing EXPLORER keeps starting over and over again so the START Button and desktop ICONS never appear, you can CNTL+ALT+DELETE start a CMD window , run control panel and uninstall, but the Update keeps attempting to install and goes back to the same state.

:)

ALAN HALL3, Mar 23, 2023
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 23, 2023
  3. Zaidoc Win User
    Windows 11 Update Failing

I have done all of the steps listed here and the KB5023706 still fails. I only recently ended up doing a complete repair (to get out of the Insider program that I entered by mistake). I have Windows 11 Pro installed - so if I download the ISO file will it recognize that this is windows 11 pro?

Zaidoc, Mar 23, 2023
  4. Windows 11 Update KB5023706 - After install EXPLORER keeps starting over and over

Microsoft will Automatically Update Internet Explorer, if You Let it

In an effort to ensure that Windows users have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed and ready for use, Microsoft has decided to add its browser to the automatic update list. This means that Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 installations which have automatic updating enabled in Windows Update, will also be seamlessly upgrading Internet Explorer, from time to time.

For starters the automatic update switch for IE will be turned on for customers in Australia and Brazil. This will happen in January (2012) and will expand in other areas throughout the year.

Windows 11 Update KB5023706 - After install EXPLORER keeps starting over and over ie031311_2_web_thm.jpg

"We want to make updating to the best protection possible as fast and simple as we can for Windows customers," explains Ryan Gavin, General Manager, Internet Explorer Business and Marketing. "IE is how millions of Windows customers connect to the Web, so keeping that part of Windows updated at all times is critical to keeping them safe online. With automatic updates enabled through Windows Update, customers can receive IE9 and future versions of Internet Explorer seamlessly without any “update fatigue” issues."

Individuals or companies who don't want their Internet Explorer to get updated on-the-fly can opt out by using the Blocker toolkits available here (for IE8) and here (for IE9).

Cristian_25H, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Update KB5023706 - After install EXPLORER keeps starting over and over

1. Windows 11 Update KB5023706 - After install EXPLORER keeps starting over and over - Similar Threads - Update KB5023706 install

2. KB5034123 installed but keeps trying to install over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034123 installed but keeps trying to install over and over: This update has messed my system - I now have glitching audio and wifi issues ever since this update has been installed and yet the system is still trying to install it. How to uninstall it or clear the cache/log/registry to remove the failed versions?...
  3. KB5034123 installed but keeps trying to install over and over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5034123 installed but keeps trying to install over and over: This update has messed my system - I now have glitching audio and wifi issues ever since this update has been installed and yet the system is still trying to install it. How to uninstall it or clear the cache/log/registry to remove the failed versions?...
  4. Windows 11 Update KB5023706 - After install EXPLORER keeps starting over and over

Windows 11 Update KB5023706 - After install EXPLORER keeps starting over and over: Windows 11 Update KB5023706 - After installing EXPLORER keeps starting over and over again so the START Button and desktop ICONS never appear, you can CNTL+ALT+DELETE start a CMD window , run control panel and uninstall, but the Update keeps attempting to install and goes...
  5. windows update keep installing the same thing over and over

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update keep installing the same thing over and over: I let it run for more than 10 hours and it never seem to be finish.it keep installing the top one and when it reach 100% it start to install the bottom one and when it reach 100% it start to install the top one again and the process keep repeating what do I do?...
  6. windows update keep installing the same thing over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update keep installing the same thing over and over: I let it run for more than 10 hours and it never seem to be finish.it keep installing the top one and when it reach 100% it start to install the bottom one and when it reach 100% it start to install the top one again and the process keep repeating what do I do?...
  7. windows update keep installing the same thing over and over

8. windows 10 - explorer restart over and over and over :-(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 - explorer restart over and over and over :-(: Hello, I installed Windows 10 recently, and the file manager in case the explorer has a problem, I open it and click on some areas with documents and images it opens and reads normally, but when I go to downloads or quick access the explorer is read and takes a long time and...
  9. windows cumulative updates not installing and keeps trying over and over again.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows cumulative updates not installing and keeps trying over and over again.: This has been happening since December 2019 and I am tearing my hair out. Quality updates- cumulative ones for 1903. They keep trying to install, tying up my computer for hours and still don't install. I have read some of the articles on this but don't want to make this...
  10. Windows Explorer crashing over and over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer crashing over and over: So, an error I've had for a few days. It happens no matter what even if no processes are running. The Explorer app crashes and the task bar goes away and returns a few seconds later. My system tray is empty and this usually causes some graphical annoyances when it happens as...