Windows 10: Windows 11 Update killed my new PC

Discus and support Windows 11 Update killed my new PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got a new PC preloaded with Windows 11. It worked fine out of the box yesterday. Today, it auto installed updates and now it is a literal brick. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sandy0593, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Sandy0593 Win User

Windows 11 Update killed my new PC

I got a new PC preloaded with Windows 11. It worked fine out of the box yesterday. Today, it auto installed updates and now it is a literal brick. I have zero input because all usb ports are dead. I can’t even get it to boot up in recovery mode. I am bumfuzzled. Hoe can I make this work?

:)

Sandy0593, Aug 9, 2022

2. Windows 10 killed my pc!

Hi Mike,

From the information you have provided, we're not sure if Windows logged in successfully after the upgrade. If Windows had gone to a black screen even before logging in to your user profile, we would have access to limited tools to troubleshoot this issue.
    So I would suggest you try these steps and check if they help:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
      • If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command in

• If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add
    • This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

If the above steps didn't help, then I would suggest you try the following steps and check:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.
      • Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Bennet Martin, Aug 9, 2022
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 11 Update killed my new PC :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Update killed my new PC

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Update killed my new PC

1. Windows 11 Update killed my new PC - Similar Threads - Update killed

2. Windows update KB5034763 killed my Wi-Fi Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update KB5034763 killed my Wi-Fi Connection: Prompted me for restart but killed my WiFi in the meantime, multiple times.There is absolutely no reason why Windows Update should touch anything to do with my hardware and force me to reconnect to WiFi.Garbage, poorly tested & rushed update from Microsoft... as usual....
  3. Windows update KB5034763 killed my Wi-Fi Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update KB5034763 killed my Wi-Fi Connection: Prompted me for restart but killed my WiFi in the meantime, multiple times.There is absolutely no reason why Windows Update should touch anything to do with my hardware and force me to reconnect to WiFi.Garbage, poorly tested & rushed update from Microsoft... as usual....
  4. Windows update KB5034763 killed my Wi-Fi Connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update killed various apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update killed various apps: Installed the latest Windows update last week. Now after rebooting, Firefox refuses to load, saying it's already open, and Discord won't load, claiming a fatal Javascript error, and now Windows Search won't even locate the Discord app. I've even tried reinstalling windows,...
  6. Windows Update killed various apps

Windows Update killed various apps: Installed the latest Windows update last week. Now after rebooting, Firefox refuses to load, saying it's already open, and Discord won't load, claiming a fatal Javascript error, and now Windows Search won't even locate the Discord app. I've even tried reinstalling windows,...
  7. Windows Update killed various apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to get laptop to work again. Win 10 update killed it, I Only have a BLACK SCREEN NOW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get laptop to work again. Win 10 update killed it, I Only have a BLACK SCREEN NOW: Hello, I'M HAVING ISSUES WITH MY WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON MY LENOVO 120S-11 IAP idea pad/LAPTOP type 81A4. I WAS USING MY LAPTOP ONE EVENING AND I GOT A MESSAGE THAT UPDATE WAS READY TO INSTALL sidenote I think this was a major update and I'm pretty sure that it was already...
  9. How to get laptop to work again. Win 10 update killed it, I Only have a BLACK SCREEN NOW

How to get laptop to work again. Win 10 update killed it, I Only have a BLACK SCREEN NOW: Hello, I'M HAVING ISSUES WITH MY WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON MY LENOVO 120S-11 IAP idea pad/LAPTOP type 81A4. I WAS USING MY LAPTOP ONE EVENING AND I GOT A MESSAGE THAT UPDATE WAS READY TO INSTALL sidenote I think this was a major update and I'm pretty sure that it was already...
  10. How to get laptop to work again. Win 10 update killed it, I Only have a BLACK SCREEN NOW

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging