Windows 10: Windows 11 Update Lead to a Grub Rescue Screen

Discus and support Windows 11 Update Lead to a Grub Rescue Screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I did the windows 11 update to my desktop PC yesterday afternoon before heading off to work. I got home around midnight last night and am greeted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BenCoop28, Jan 20, 2022.

1. BenCoop28 Win User

Windows 11 Update Lead to a Grub Rescue Screen

So I did the windows 11 update to my desktop PC yesterday afternoon before heading off to work. I got home around midnight last night and am greeted with a windows 11 download and update successful, restart for everything to take effect. Upon restart windows won't even boot, I'm just stuck with a grub rescue CLI prompt. I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that i had Kali Linux installed on a separate partition and the windows update scrambled some things around. I've tried running a repair from the WindowsRE usb I have but it just says unable to repair. I've also tried markin

:)

BenCoop28, Jan 20, 2022

2. Grub rescue

I install kali linux 2020.2 dual boot with win10 but in the etap of install of Grub it say cannt install grub in dummy so i skip this etap and finish the installation of kali....put when i rebout my laptop i get this error :no such partition

Grub rescue>

So when i write:

Grub rescue>fix prefix=(hd0,gpt4)/boot/grub

Grub rescue>fix root=(hd0,gpt4)

Grub rescue>insmod normal

Grub rescue>normal

I entre to grub table of the kali linux and it contain Win 10

My problem is how i access direct to the grub table of kali linux without get Grub rescue>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Help me

houssemlameche, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Sunil_s93 Win User
    Grub rescue

My laptop is already in off condition, I'm not able to do the first step itself. As soon as I turn on the laptop, grub rescue command appears. What to do in this situation?

Sunil_s93, Jan 20, 2022
  4. 'RickT Win User

'RickT, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Update Lead to a Grub Rescue Screen - Similar Threads - Update Lead Grub

2. GRUB RESCUE - No Such Disc error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GRUB RESCUE - No Such Disc error: I am looking to fix this GRUB rescue issue on my computer, last night i shut my PC down before heading off to bed, i turn my PC on this morning and it shows up with a grub rescue command type layput on my screens....
  3. Windows 11 Update Lead to a Grub Rescue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Lead to a Grub Rescue Screen: So I did the windows 11 update to my desktop PC yesterday afternoon before heading off to work. I got home around midnight last night and am greeted with a windows 11 download and update successful, restart for everything to take effect. Upon restart windows won't even boot,...
  4. Grub Rescue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grub Rescue: Eh, Another issues i have, Is grub rescue I have a CD disk with windows and when boot it in it gets stuck at 20 now before it was 13 can someone help me. I use a acer e5-571 I tried using a USB but it takes me back to grub....
  5. Grub Rescue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grub Rescue: Eh, Another issues i have, Is grub rescue I have a CD disk with windows and when boot it in it gets stuck at 20 now before it was 13 can someone help me. I use a acer e5-571 I tried using a USB but it takes me back to grub....
  6. Grub Rescue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Grub rescue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grub rescue: I install kali linux 2020.2 dual boot with win10 but in the etap of install of Grub it say cannt install grub in dummy so i skip this etap and finish the installation of kali....put when i rebout my laptop i get this error :no such partition Grub rescue> So when i write:...
  8. Grub rescue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Grub rescue: [IMG]after this unable to go farward https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grub-rescue/2adc48a2-6601-4988-8e00-59c66e7b20d7
  9. grub rescue error

in Windows 10 Customization
    grub rescue error: After adding Ubuntu along side my windows os I reboot to get "Grub Rescue Mode" errors. How to correct so I can boot to windows or DOS or something. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grub-rescue-error/ee2707d3-feba-4a42-a0e9-4e8506c9a113
  10. grub rescue mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    grub rescue mode: After deleting linux partition, windows is not loading up . It directly goes to grub rescue mode . I have tried all the tutorials in youtube and none help. Plz help.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grub-rescue-mode/5ba14728-0d5e-44c5-b2fb-3296080ec194