Windows 10: Windows 11 update left my computer in GNU GRUB version 2.02 screen

Discus and support Windows 11 update left my computer in GNU GRUB version 2.02 screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently updated or tried to update to Windows 11 but it crashed early on it seems and has since then left my computer in the GNU GRUB version 2.02... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dereknie, Mar 28, 2022.

1. dereknie Win User

Windows 11 update left my computer in GNU GRUB version 2.02 screen

I recently updated or tried to update to Windows 11 but it crashed early on it seems and has since then left my computer in the GNU GRUB version 2.02 screen. I’ve been on numerous stackoverflow posts and also visited Microsoft’s community page for similar problems but nothing has worked. I am a college student with a lot of assignments due right now, all of which are saved on my laptop. Please, any help is greatly appreciated, preferably ASAP. Thank you!

:)

dereknie, Mar 28, 2022

2. How to uninstall GNU GRUB without windows live USB

I have installed Ubuntu on my HP Pavilion laptop, Now I want to remove ubuntu, I have deleted the partition on which UBUNTU was uninstalled and I am left with the GNU BootLoader alias GNU GRUB.

Can you please help me to uninstall GNU GRUB.

AshishPapanai, Mar 28, 2022
  3. Cilekcigs Win User
    dual boot menu and gnu grub

in windows 10 i got only one os (that is win 10 ) and i still see dual boot menu and when i open my pc it starts from gnu grub please help

Cilekcigs, Mar 28, 2022
  4. Windows 11 update left my computer in GNU GRUB version 2.02 screen

How to be offered Ubuntu at time of boot (GNU GRUB?)

So hey -- I've done all the hard work but the last step has perplexed me. I've installed Ubuntu Budgie on a separate partition of my disk so that I can dual boot Win10 or Budgie.

(I'm doing this because I have a mini PC from Beelink and I'm attempting to see if Budgie is a 'lighter' OS than Win10 and, therefore, would help the Apollo Lake unit run even faster.)

My problem is that when I boot up the PC is supposed to ask me which OS I want. It doesn't. I've seen in tutorials that something called the GNU GRUB menu is what I need to have come up.

I know this is a Linux question but is there a Windows way to make Windows offer me a choice of which partition to use at boot?

Thanks

The Pool Man, Mar 28, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 update left my computer in GNU GRUB version 2.02 screen

1. Windows 11 update left my computer in GNU GRUB version 2.02 screen - Similar Threads - update left computer

2. Windows 11 update left my computer in GNU GRUB version 2.02 screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update left my computer in GNU GRUB version 2.02 screen: I recently updated or tried to update to Windows 11 but it crashed early on it seems and has since then left my computer in the GNU GRUB version 2.02 screen. I’ve been on numerous stackoverflow posts and also visited Microsoft’s community page for similar problems but nothing...
  3. Windows 11 Update Lead to a Grub Rescue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Lead to a Grub Rescue Screen: So I did the windows 11 update to my desktop PC yesterday afternoon before heading off to work. I got home around midnight last night and am greeted with a windows 11 download and update successful, restart for everything to take effect. Upon restart windows won't even boot,...
  4. Windows 11 Update Lead to a Grub Rescue Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update Lead to a Grub Rescue Screen: So I did the windows 11 update to my desktop PC yesterday afternoon before heading off to work. I got home around midnight last night and am greeted with a windows 11 download and update successful, restart for everything to take effect. Upon restart windows won't even boot,...
  5. Stuck in GNU grub

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stuck in GNU grub: Tried to wipe Linux with disk partition manager... How to boot to windows? Win10 updated this morning if that helps...ls hd0,gpt3/ ??Lots of options Tried /efi file not found Safe to say no clue what I'm doing...
  6. GNU GRUB Help !!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GNU GRUB Help !!: My laptop suddenly restarted by it self and opened on this screen "GNUGRUB version 2.02 Minimal Bach-like line editingis supported. For the firstword, TAB lists possible command completions,Anywhere else TAB lists possibledeviceor file completion ." I know that if I write...
  7. How to hidden GNU Grub bofore windows Starting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to hidden GNU Grub bofore windows Starting?: Hello,i have a problem that i want to solve,and im sorry that my english is so bad. I have a Laptop PC that is dual boot between Windows10 and Linux Mint. i delete partition that used to Linux,and reboot. ↓ Grab starts when i boot up my pc. GNU Grub Screen ↓ Type "exit"...
  8. Have driver update on my computer and says Windows 2019-2-02 Update for Windows 10 Version...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have driver update on my computer and says Windows 2019-2-02 Update for Windows 10 Version...: I downloaded this and It Was A NIGHTMARE! I uninstalled it and left it off. Why does this happen with Windows 10? I have had trouble, it seems from day one, with Windows 10. I wish I had never had it put on my computer. Can You HELP?...
  9. dual boot menu and gnu grub

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    dual boot menu and gnu grub: in windows 10 i got only one os (that is win 10 ) and i still see dual boot menu and when i open my pc it starts from gnu grub please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-menu-and-gnu-grub/e73f0933-cd9e-4cd5-9936-e6d3c3851390"
  10. How to be offered Ubuntu at time of boot (GNU GRUB?)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to be offered Ubuntu at time of boot (GNU GRUB?): So hey -- I've done all the hard work but the last step has perplexed me. I've installed Ubuntu Budgie on a separate partition of my disk so that I can dual boot Win10 or Budgie. (I'm doing this because I have a mini PC from Beelink and I'm attempting to see if Budgie is a...