Windows 10: WIndows 11 Update - Main Volume Level Cannot Be Changed on Realtek Speakers

Discus and support WIndows 11 Update - Main Volume Level Cannot Be Changed on Realtek Speakers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI have updated my Dell XPS-13 to Windows 11. When running on the inbuilt Realtek Audio speakers, now the main volume controls both the volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David Morris david, Sep 26, 2022.

1. WIndows 11 Update - Main Volume Level Cannot Be Changed on Realtek Speakers

HelloI have updated my Dell XPS-13 to Windows 11. When running on the inbuilt Realtek Audio speakers, now the main volume controls both the volume control keys and the volume control slider on the taskbar do not work properly. The mute function works click mute key or click with mouse on mute icon on taskbar slider. If I put the volume on, however, there is absolutely no change to the volume level through the speakers - i.e. 2% is as loud as 100%. The volume level is quite loud, I would say close to maximum if not at the maximum.Volume control within individual apps works okay - for ex

:)

David Morris david, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Drone Win User

Realtek drivers mess my speaker volume levels.

Realtek HDA drivers for Windows 10 are really bad. The moment you change sound quality to max in control panel, audiodg.exe starts sucking on CPU. Sound volume in different apps acts really weird, pausing and unpausing youtube videos leads to loud/quiet sound and many other weird stuff. Lol and when I don't install any Realtek drivers at all, Windows Update downloads and installs them. I know, I know it was a rant.

Drone, Sep 26, 2022
  3. No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Microsoft has changed level for volume to show on "horizontal level" not vertical. Click "speaker icon" on taskbar and volume level will appear. Right click on speaker icon will give you access to "open volume mixer"

You might use "SFC /scannow" in command prompt-admin

open command prompt-admim, type "SFC /scannow" enter

after it finishes.

restart pc (this step is important....since fixes occur after restart)

Jmarco0921, Sep 26, 2022
  4. BRIANBRC Win User

WIndows 11 Update - Main Volume Level Cannot Be Changed on Realtek Speakers

No Mic Volume Level Option Even After Updated Audio Driver Downloaded

I know there is many other people that have had this problem and for many the solution that worked was updating the Realtek High Def Audio Driver for their specific OS. So I downloaded version
    V6.0.1.7874 directly from razer, and mic volume level it is still not showing up. I mean when I go to sound>playback>speaker>properties>levels the only level that is listed is the speaker output volume. I uninstalled and redownloaded the driver multiple
    times, trying it in safe mode multiple times as well, still not showing up.

I find it very important to have the mic volume level option, which controls mic monitoring, so that I get that feedback when speaking into my headset, so I really need a fix for this.

Any Suggestions? Thank you in advance!

BRIANBRC, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

WIndows 11 Update - Main Volume Level Cannot Be Changed on Realtek Speakers

1. WIndows 11 Update - Main Volume Level Cannot Be Changed on Realtek Speakers - Similar Threads - Update Main Volume

2. Using Win10 Realtek speakers no volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Win10 Realtek speakers no volume: #1. My Realtek do not produce any sound. I turned up volume and still nothing. Cortana can hear me but I can't hear her. My U Tube videos have no sound. I don't know if it has something to do with my drivers or what. T#2 One week ago AVG Security upgraded my Realtek Drivers,...
  3. Using Win10 Realtek speakers no volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Win10 Realtek speakers no volume: #1. My Realtek do not produce any sound. I turned up volume and still nothing. Cortana can hear me but I can't hear her. My U Tube videos have no sound. I don't know if it has something to do with my drivers or what. T#2 One week ago AVG Security upgraded my Realtek Drivers,...
  4. Using Win10 Realtek speakers no volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Volume won't change on Speakers Window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume won't change on Speakers Window 11: Since downloading one of the updates for Windows 11 I believe it was the Cumulative Update for .NET Framework I have had an issue with my speakers where the volume doesn't change no matter where I have the slider. It works with headphones it is only when connected to my...
  6. Volume won't change on Speakers Window 11

Volume won't change on Speakers Window 11: Since downloading one of the updates for Windows 11 I believe it was the Cumulative Update for .NET Framework I have had an issue with my speakers where the volume doesn't change no matter where I have the slider. It works with headphones it is only when connected to my...
  7. WIndows 11 Update - Main Volume Level Cannot Be Changed on Realtek Speakers

WIndows 11 Update - Main Volume Level Cannot Be Changed on Realtek Speakers: HelloI have updated my Dell XPS-13 to Windows 11. When running on the inbuilt Realtek Audio speakers, now the main volume controls both the volume control keys and the volume control slider on the taskbar do not work properly. The mute function works click mute key or click...
  8. Microphone Volume Level changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Volume Level changing: This problem has persisted for as long as I've been using windows 10 and I have never seen a working fix. My microphone Is plugged in, set to default device in sound control panel and I've set the gain on the microphone itself to where I would like it and have also set the...
  9. Cannot Change Volume from Speaker icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Change Volume from Speaker icon: my little icon of the speaker will not show the volume line at all. So I can't make it go up or down [Original Title: Speaker icon] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-volume-from-speaker-icon/3d6568c2-3cd5-48d0-b24f-68f3cb5fabf9
  10. Volume Levels Always Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Levels Always Changing: To start I generally use a bluetooth headset with my pc but I dont think its the hardware itself. Whenever I'm watching shows, playing games, or just chatting in a call I've noticed that the audio levels just keep becoming louder for no clear reason. It's gotten to the...