Windows 10: Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?

Discus and support Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've recently had issues with my laptop only 3 years old. I installed the latest windows 11 update a couple of weeks ago and since then, my computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Caitlin van der Merwe, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?

I've recently had issues with my laptop only 3 years old. I installed the latest windows 11 update a couple of weeks ago and since then, my computer is not booting up correctly. For example, I push the power button and the keyboard lights up but there is no display on the screen. If however, I tilt the screen to a specific angle and try power on, then the screen displays correctly. BUT, if I gently bump the computer then the screen freezes and pixelates. I have to do a hard reboot. I reinstalled windows yesterday and that seemed to fix the issues. I could move the screen back and forth with

:)

Caitlin van der Merwe, Apr 18, 2024
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands? :)

3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. ryanly Win User

Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?

1. Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands? - Similar Threads - update messing boot

2. Windows 11 Update Messed up my Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update Messed up my Computer: I'm having a technical issue. I cannot download the xbox app on the pc anymore, my microsoft apps aren't working Microsoft store, photos, calendar/calculator, clock, notes, the movies and tv show app, can't reset or update. I've tried a number of different commands,...
  3. Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?

Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?: I've recently had issues with my laptop only 3 years old. I installed the latest windows 11 update a couple of weeks ago and since then, my computer is not booting up correctly. For example, I push the power button and the keyboard lights up but there is no display on the...
  4. Clean boot mess up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  5. Clean boot mess up.

Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  6. Audio Messed Up After Updating Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Messed Up After Updating Windows 11: I updated my computer and the audio is messed up now. Now the audio has a lot of reverb and I don't know how to fix it. I haven't touched my audio settings and MaxxAudio, but the audio sounds like it has a lot of reverb now.This is on a windows 11...
  7. Audio Messed Up After Updating Windows 11

Audio Messed Up After Updating Windows 11: I updated my computer and the audio is messed up now. Now the audio has a lot of reverb and I don't know how to fix it. I haven't touched my audio settings and MaxxAudio, but the audio sounds like it has a lot of reverb now.This is on a windows 11...
  8. dual boot mess up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    dual boot mess up: I installed pop os from a video that worked in the past to upgrade to a new version of pop os, now the boot menu when I hit f12 won't see windows 10 install on my separate drive. It just says intel where windows boot manager should be. I troubleshooted with the windows boot...
  9. Boot order is messed up...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot order is messed up...: So, I installed Ubuntu on my computer (previously i had Win 10) and I think I managed to mess up the boot order in the process. I wiped the disk and attempted to install Win 10 again (via USB stick made with MediaCreationTool) and received an error from the Windows Boot...
  10. Command prompt font messed up after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Command prompt font messed up after Anniversary Update: Hi, I have installed the Anniversary Update a couple days ago. Everything went fine and I faced no problem at all. However, my command prompt font was changed to SimSum-ExtB (the font which often found on Chinese product). I right-clicked on the title bar > Properties and...