Windows 10: Windows 11 update - paused with error message "accept software license terms to install...

Discus and support Windows 11 update - paused with error message "accept software license terms to install... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 update - paused with error message "accept software license terms to install updates" - but no info on where to find these terms to accept"I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HikerLT, May 16, 2022.

1. HikerLT Win User

Windows 11 update - paused with error message "accept software license terms to install...

Windows 11 update - paused with error message "accept software license terms to install updates" - but no info on where to find these terms to accept"I have a bunch of updates that are "pending install" and at the top there is an error message " accept software license terms to install updates". But no further information is given as to where to go or find these "software license terms" that need to be accepted.So I'm kind of stuck....tried the windows update troubleshooter, but that solved nothing.....still have updates pending install waiting for me to accept this mysterious software license

:)

HikerLT, May 16, 2022

2. Windows 10 Enterprise Edition Install Failing in vmWare Fusion 11 - "Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms"

Windows 10 Enterprise Edition Install Failing

Using vmWare Fusion 11 on Mac Operating System - Mojave

During setup get the following error:

"Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms"

Any ideas?

Downloaded Windows 10 Enterprise Edition evaluation copy from Microsoft multiple times.

Bethanybeachbum, May 16, 2022
  3. kikipups Win User
    cant accept terms of use

the step 8 of updating my windows says i should accept terms of use online, but when am redirected online to the page, i cant find any *update now* icon or link to make me accept the terms of use. am confused

kikipups, May 16, 2022
  4. Windows 11 update - paused with error message "accept software license terms to install...

Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 update - paused with error message "accept software license terms to install...

1. Windows 11 update - paused with error message "accept software license terms to install... - Similar Threads - update paused error

2. Evaluation Center Software License Terms

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Evaluation Center Software License Terms: Hello Everyone, Forgive the question but every time I boot up & begin the installation process for the Server OS & Windows Enterprise that I have tried to install in my VMware player for the years 2019 & 2022 , but it cannot find the Microsoft software license terms am I...
  3. Evaluation Center Software License Terms

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Evaluation Center Software License Terms: Hello Everyone, Forgive the question but every time I boot up & begin the installation process for the Server OS & Windows Enterprise that I have tried to install in my VMware player for the years 2019 & 2022 , but it cannot find the Microsoft software license terms am I...
  4. Windows 11 update - paused with error message "accept software license terms to install...

Windows 11 update - paused with error message "accept software license terms to install...: Windows 11 update - paused with error message "accept software license terms to install updates" - but no info on where to find these terms to accept"I have a bunch of updates that are "pending install" and at the top there is an error message " accept software license terms...
  5. software license terms error encountered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    software license terms error encountered: I had to reset my laptop and consequently had to reinstall Office Home and Student 2007 but when I click review the licence terms I get this message software license terms error encountered any ideas why or how I can fix it...
  6. software license terms error encountered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    software license terms error encountered: I had to reset my laptop and consequently had to reinstall Office Home and Student 2007 but when I click review the licence terms I get this message software license terms error encountered any ideas why or how I can fix it...
  7. software license terms error encountered

8. upgrading from windows 10 to 11 software license terms error encountered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrading from windows 10 to 11 software license terms error encountered: I got the notification that my pc can run windows 11 and windows 11 is available. Whenever I click download and install it gives me an error: "software license terms error encountered". How do I fix it? My windows 10 is permanently activated with a valid key....
  9. upgrading from windows 10 to 11 software license terms error encountered

upgrading from windows 10 to 11 software license terms error encountered: I got the notification that my pc can run windows 11 and windows 11 is available. Whenever I click download and install it gives me an error: "software license terms error encountered". How do I fix it? My windows 10 is permanently activated with a valid key....
  10. upgrading from windows 10 to 11 software license terms error encountered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade