Windows 10: Windows 11 update removed my audio sound devices.

Discus and support Windows 11 update removed my audio sound devices. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried all the troubleshooting recommendations for Windows 11 update and nothing helps., Has anyone got a similar problem and know how to resolve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Catherine Hall1, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Windows 11 update removed my audio sound devices.

I tried all the troubleshooting recommendations for Windows 11 update and nothing helps., Has anyone got a similar problem and know how to resolve this.

:)

Catherine Hall1, Feb 5, 2023

2. My Windows Audio is a Mess

Hi there Punchcard, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest for now is to completely remove the Audio drivers listed in the Device Manager. Please make sure you remove all listed under Sound and audio devices.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

And then please see if there are any improvements.

FerdinandNanalig, Feb 5, 2023
  3. no audio sound

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the exact issue you are facing with accessing sounds on your device?
    • Have you installed all the installed updates on your device after upgrading to Windows 10?

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Method 3: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.

Method 4: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing sound for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Windows 11 update removed my audio sound devices.

Sound Audio in windows

Hello Kim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to listen to the songs from hard disk?
    • Are you able to play the videos from hard disk?

I request you to try the below methods:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

Fix sound or audio problems in Windows - Microsoft Support

Method 3:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

• After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 update removed my audio sound devices.

1. Windows 11 update removed my audio sound devices. - Similar Threads - update removed audio

2. NO AUDIO DEVICES FOUND! + Unable to update my window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO AUDIO DEVICES FOUND! + Unable to update my window 11: My window is not letting me put up or down volume, it shows disabled sound icon and I'm unable to turn it on!It says one or more audio services isn't working! Thus not fixed!I tried rebooting, trouble shooting, updating my driver but nothing worksAlso, I'm unable to update my...
  3. NO AUDIO DEVICES FOUND! + Unable to update my window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO AUDIO DEVICES FOUND! + Unable to update my window 11: My window is not letting me put up or down volume, it shows disabled sound icon and I'm unable to turn it on!It says one or more audio services isn't working! Thus not fixed!I tried rebooting, trouble shooting, updating my driver but nothing worksAlso, I'm unable to update my...
  4. Windows 11 update removed my audio sound devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update removed my audio sound devices.: I tried all the troubleshooting recommendations for Windows 11 update and nothing helps., Has anyone got a similar problem and know how to resolve this....
  5. no audio output device installed.. windows update removed my audio drivers..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio output device installed.. windows update removed my audio drivers..: how do i get to re-install my audio drivers, the windows update removed al my audio drivers and my laptop is an old Sony VAIO and microsoft and sony keeps fighting each other and i lost everything. i tried to download it and its not working at all....
  6. My Sound and Audio Device not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Sound and Audio Device not working: I was checking how to install Realtek HD Audio Manager. Via this link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4PaR2oAv6U After following those steps. My audio device was now completely stopped working. When I checked at Realtek Audio Console. It was not working. Plz, tell a...
  7. Repeated Device Removal sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated Device Removal sound: Hey everyone, I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when you unplug a USB drive. There are no error messages that accompany these alerts. All connections and cables are tight. I...
  8. Repeated Device Removal sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Repeated Device Removal sound: Hey everyone, I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when you unplug a USB drive. There are no error messages that accompany these alerts. All connections and cables are tight. I...
  9. No sound/ audio device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound/ audio device: I accidentally shut my laptop while it was updating now I have no sound at all. I have tried multiple fixes, and some of them I can’t even try because there is “no audio device installed”. I need help very badly and am not sure what to do anymore. Thank you! Windows 10...
  10. my audio sound and microphone removed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    my audio sound and microphone removed.: my audio sound and microphone has been removed. How do I download it back onto my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-audio-sound-and-microphone-removed/1c0f40ca-9beb-4436-ba47-275e5bdcb385