Windows 10: Windows 11 update won’t install causing very slow turn on time!

Discus and support Windows 11 update won’t install causing very slow turn on time! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion and it’s not exactly new. It keeps trying to install Windows 11 but doesn’t meet the hardware requirements. This means the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Madison Hawley, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Windows 11 update won’t install causing very slow turn on time!

I have a HP Pavilion and it’s not exactly new. It keeps trying to install Windows 11 but doesn’t meet the hardware requirements. This means the update tries to install EVERY TIME I turn the laptop on, then undoes the changes. It can take 1.5 hours to turn on, then it runs fine. Please help me turn this off. It says I have paused too many times in Windows Update, please don’t suggest a new laptop, I will eventually but it seems like this is the 1 issue and should be able to be fixed.

:)

Madison Hawley, Dec 9, 2023
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Dec 9, 2023
  4. Windows 11 update won’t install causing very slow turn on time!

Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 update won’t install causing very slow turn on time!

1. Windows 11 update won’t install causing very slow turn on time! - Similar Threads - update won’t install

2. Windows 11 update won’t install causing very slow turn on time!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update won’t install causing very slow turn on time!: I have a HP Pavilion and it’s not exactly new. It keeps trying to install Windows 11 but doesn’t meet the hardware requirements. This means the update tries to install EVERY TIME I turn the laptop on, then undoes the changes. It can take 1.5 hours to turn on, then it runs...
  3. Windows 11 very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 very slow: I cloned the operating system to a new drive months ago with no issues. The system is booting from the new drive. Today I formatted the old drive and Windows is operating at a snail’s pace. An app called COM surrogate is using between 50 mb/s to 100 mb/s. Never seen this...
  4. Windows 11 very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 very slow: I cloned the operating system to a new drive months ago with no issues. The system is booting from the new drive. Today I formatted the old drive and Windows is operating at a snail’s pace. An app called COM surrogate is using between 50 mb/s to 100 mb/s. Never seen this...
  5. Very very slow response time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very very slow response time: My dell Optiplex seems like it's unresponsive and sticking any suggestions?Thank youTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-very-slow-response-time/291cdece-fd8f-4482-8966-1a4498db8542
  6. Windows update very slow to install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update very slow to install.: Updating windows 10 from version 1903 to 2004, was fast until about 87/88 Percent, but in the two hours after that, it's only gotten to 92 percent. When looking in the task manager, windows update is only using 0.1MB/s disk, and no cpu. I have an I7-8700, RTX 2070, 16GB ram...
  7. Very slow boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot time: I have a sony vaio 500hdd 4gb ram i5 processor ,my problem is it takes for ever to start up ,when i start the laptop the windows logo comes up then takes ages to get to the please wait screen then takes ages again to get to the user welcome screen then i wait ages for the...
  8. Very slow boot time

in Windows 10 Support
    Very slow boot time: I have a sony vaio 500hdd 4gb ram i5 processor ,my problem is it takes for ever to start up ,when i start the laptop the windows logo comes up then takes ages to get to the please wait screen then takes ages again to get to the user welcome screen then i wait ages for the...
  9. Very slow logon time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow logon time.: Hello All, My users are experiencing a very slow logon that can last between 5 to 12 minutes, it normally gets stuck on a black screen but it always finish the logon process. This issue is intermittent and this is making things harder. I have a mix environment of laptops...
  10. problems with updates is very slow to be installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problems with updates is very slow to be installed: Hi I am running Windows 10 Home 14,393,969 who have build 1607 in the recent past been problems with updates is very slow to be installed, and in several cases, freezes the PC. It is managed to receive all updates from Microsoft, but it has sometimes taken a long time. I...