Windows 10: Windows 11 update won't install - Get message "This pc can't be upgraded to this version of...

Discus and support Windows 11 update won't install - Get message "This pc can't be upgraded to this version of... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; trying to upgrade to windows 11, but keep getting this message of "This PC can't be upgraded to this version of windows" "Your pc has hardware that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PipRoost, Apr 21, 2022.

1. PipRoost Win User

Windows 11 update won't install - Get message "This pc can't be upgraded to this version of...

trying to upgrade to windows 11, but keep getting this message of "This PC can't be upgraded to this version of windows" "Your pc has hardware that isn't ready for this version of windows. I have a i5 9600kupgraded my mpg 32 gb of ram1 tb of storageTPM 2 enabled Turned on secure boot to see if that would help. From everything I see, I should be able to upgrade, so not sure why I keep getting this message is there any where that I can see which hardware it is saying isn't compatible? The PC health checker seems to say everything is good Tried disconnecting all hardware that isn't required t

:)

PipRoost, Apr 21, 2022
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Annoying This PC can´t run Windows 11 message

Hi folks
    I´ve got an older laptop here I´m using which I KNOW won´t run W11 and don´t want to even attempt to run it on as the default OS -- and W10 will still be current for a few years yet so why on earth every time I go to update W10 I get that stupid message

Windows 11 update won't install - Get message "This pc can't be upgraded to this version of... [​IMG]

Surely there ought to be a user selectible option --> check if PC is able to run W11 or similar.

Does it mean now we will have to see this message for ever on older computers that have no intention of having W11 installed on them. !!!

(That said though I've installed W11 as a test via boot from VHDX physical disk note NOT a VM and using Dism /apply-image from a W11 iso downloaded from UUPDUMP and it does install and work on this same machine BTW -- but that's another issue -- I should be able to bootW10 and update normally without the annoying message).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 21, 2022
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Windows 11 update won't install - Get message "This pc can't be upgraded to this version of...

pc won`t update

I`ve been trying to solve this problem for 3 months to no avail.

PLEASE HELP!!!

EVERY time the computer check new updates, the following message appears:

We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.

My PC is connected to the internet, so this could not be the problem.

you`ve only directed me to a window link, which I don`T really understand.

Could ANYONE PLEASE send me a simple answer how I can solve this problem step by step???????

Thanks.

Arnon

ArnonZlotnik, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 update won't install - Get message "This pc can't be upgraded to this version of...

1. Windows 11 update won't install - Get message "This pc can't be upgraded to this version of... - Similar Threads - update won't install

2. Can't install Windows 11 on new PC, error message 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Windows 11 on new PC, error message 0xc0000098: Hey guys, I'm at my wits end with this pc. For months I have been trying to install windows 11, have tried replacing the cpu, ssd and usb drives and nothing works. This is the error I get: https://imgur.com/a/psG6osVI have tried changing the BIOS to f2 as recommended for this...
  3. Getting PC can't run Windows 11 message on install even though it can

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting PC can't run Windows 11 message on install even though it can: I used to have a hdd which Windows 11 was initially installed on, however I recently got an ssd and I was trying to to install Windows 11 onto the SSD instead using a USB with Windows installation media. I meet all the required criteria for Windows 11 and my computer is...
  4. Getting PC can't run Windows 11 message on install even though it can

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting PC can't run Windows 11 message on install even though it can: I used to have a hdd which Windows 11 was initially installed on, however I recently got an ssd and I was trying to to install Windows 11 onto the SSD instead using a USB with Windows installation media. I meet all the required criteria for Windows 11 and my computer is...
  5. Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10: HiI just got a new laptop and updated it to Windows 11 when I was prompt after I turned the computer on. The update was successful. But in my login page, I am getting this message: "Your device needs updates to stay protected. Install a newer version of Windows 10."How do I...
  6. Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10: HiI just got a new laptop and updated it to Windows 11 when I was prompt after I turned the computer on. The update was successful. But in my login page, I am getting this message: "Your device needs updates to stay protected. Install a newer version of Windows 10."How do I...
  7. Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10

8. Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10

9. Windows 11 update won't install - Get message "This pc can't be upgraded to this version of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update won't install - Get message "This pc can't be upgraded to this version of...: trying to upgrade to windows 11, but keep getting this message of "This PC can't be upgraded to this version of windows" "Your pc has hardware that isn't ready for this version of windows. I have a i5 9600kupgraded my mpg 32 gb of ram1 tb of storageTPM 2 enabled Turned on...
  10. I keep getting "Can't install updates" message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I keep getting "Can't install updates" message: I keep getting "Can't install updates. Select this message to fix." in the notifications window. I click on the message & then get the "Windows Update" screen whereupon I get: Update Status: Updates are available HP driver update for HP LaserJet Professional CP1520...