Windows 10: Windows 11 updates are underway restarting loop

Discus and support Windows 11 updates are underway restarting loop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have a 2-year-old HP laptop with windows 11 that started to perform some sort of updates by itself 2 days ago. Everything was going completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peppi Innamaa, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Windows 11 updates are underway restarting loop

Hi,I have a 2-year-old HP laptop with windows 11 that started to perform some sort of updates by itself 2 days ago. Everything was going completely normal until the laptop started restarting itself in an endless loop. The laptop starts to open like usual, with the HP logo popping up, but then there’s a loading screen with ”updates are underway, please keep your computer on” and after a few seconds it changes to ”restarting” and then the laptop does restart and the same thing happens again and again. I have no access to the login screen or desktop or anything. This loop went on for hours until

:)

Peppi Innamaa, Jan 21, 2023

2. Dell laptop stuck in “updates are underway” loop

My Dell Inspiron 15 laptop is undergoing a loop of “Updates are underway. Please keep your computer on.” and then “Restarting” loop. It has been like this for 3 days and has no sign of stopping or any fix so far. Does anyone have a solution to my issue?

Tarren Nodwell, Jan 21, 2023
  3. Windows 11 - Updates are underway do not turn off your computer. Restarting. Continuous loop

Hi

My sons Asus Zenbook Flip has for over 4 hrs been showing the black Asus in search of incredible loading screen with the messages Restarting, Updates are underway. Do not turn off computer . I've seen 35% flash on the screen but it's obviously stuck in a fault loop. I have no access to windows desktop menu as the boot up screen just keeps restarting . I've tried to power down and restart but it just picks up at the same loop.

How can I overcome this and get the laptop back operational again ?

Thanks in advance for any help

PaulOnslow3, Jan 21, 2023
  4. Windows 11 updates are underway restarting loop

Windows 11 stuck on updates are underway at 100%

I've just downloaded the latest update to Windows 11 on my surface laptop 4, but it's now stuck on updates are underway at 100% and has been for about 30 minutes so far

I'm nervous about restarting in case it screws up my windows installation, and I also don't have access to any other windows 11 pc to make a recovery drive

CrumbleShake, Jan 21, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 updates are underway restarting loop

1. Windows 11 updates are underway restarting loop - Similar Threads - updates are underway

2. boot loop that states “updates underway keep computer on” and then restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot loop that states “updates underway keep computer on” and then restarts: Getting a boot loop that states “updates underway keep computer on” and then restarts and then does same loop again infinitely. Tried getting in safe mode by turning power off and on and when it finally says “preparing automatic repair” a BSOD appears and it restarts again...
  3. Windows 11 stuck in a constant restart loop that then states “updates are underway, please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck in a constant restart loop that then states “updates are underway, please...: My windows is constantly going from “update is underway, please keep computer on” then restarting. It’s been doing this for over a day now. I have tried the “hold power down for 30, then volume and power for 15, then power for 10” trick, and it is not working....
  4. Windows 11 stuck in a constant restart loop that then states “updates are underway, please...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck in a constant restart loop that then states “updates are underway, please...: My windows is constantly going from “update is underway, please keep computer on” then restarting. It’s been doing this for over a day now. I have tried the “hold power down for 30, then volume and power for 15, then power for 10” trick, and it is not working....
  5. How to fix windows 11 "updates are underway" restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix windows 11 "updates are underway" restart loop: Basically, It just says "Updates are underway. Please keep your computer on." for a couple seconds and then it says "Restarting" and then it restarts and does it all over forever and ever. And I know it's not updating anything cause my computer actually shows the "gigabyte"...
  6. How to fix windows 11 "updates are underway" restart loop

How to fix windows 11 "updates are underway" restart loop: Basically, It just says "Updates are underway. Please keep your computer on." for a couple seconds and then it says "Restarting" and then it restarts and does it all over forever and ever. And I know it's not updating anything cause my computer actually shows the "gigabyte"...
  7. Updates are underway, restart, loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates are underway, restart, loop: Hi,I have a surface laptop 2 with windows 11 that started to perform updates after a blue screen of death message. It’s now in an endless loop of the windows logo, then a screen with “updates are underway, please keep your computer on” and after a few seconds it changes to...
  8. Updates are underway, restart, loop

Updates are underway, restart, loop: Hi,I have a surface laptop 2 with windows 11 that started to perform updates after a blue screen of death message. It’s now in an endless loop of the windows logo, then a screen with “updates are underway, please keep your computer on” and after a few seconds it changes to...
  9. Windows 11 stuck on updates are underway afrer restart.

Windows 11 stuck on updates are underway afrer restart.: Every time i restart my computer inside of windows it gets stuck on updates are underway and the only thing that helps is pressing the restart button on my pc. How could i fix this?...
  10. Windows 11 updates are underway restarting loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates are underway restarting loop: Hi,I have a 2-year-old HP laptop with windows 11 that started to perform some sort of updates by itself 2 days ago. Everything was going completely normal until the laptop started restarting itself in an endless loop. The laptop starts to open like usual, with the HP logo...