Windows 10: Windows 11 Updates causing erractic behavior

Discus and support Windows 11 Updates causing erractic behavior in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Has anyone else started experiencing very erratic behavior in the past month, due to the most recent updates? I am having constant issues with tabs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FirstSgt, Sep 23, 2022.

1. FirstSgt Win User

Windows 11 Updates causing erractic behavior

Has anyone else started experiencing very erratic behavior in the past month, due to the most recent updates? I am having constant issues with tabs opening on their own; windows minimizing without any action from me; and the mouse cursor constantly gravitates to the top left of the screen when I am using Microsoft Edge. My monitor is touch screen; so I disabled that feature in case that is what is causing the issue. No luck. I tried using 3 different mice and two different USB ports; again, no luck. I even did a complete reset/reinstall of Windows 11 and chose to delete all files and settings

:)

FirstSgt, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Dann Ave Win User

Erractic behavior

Hello Kenneth,

For this concern, if you are using you are using a mouse connected to the laptop, you can set to turn the function of the touchpad off while the mouse is connected.

To do so, you can follow these instructions:

• Click the Windows logo then select Settings
      (Cogwheel icon).
    • Select Devices.
    • Click on Touchpad.
    • Uncheck Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected.

If you are only using the touchpad as your mouse. You can limit the functions to what you want the touchpad to perform.

• Click the Windows logothen select Settings
      (Cogwheel icon).
    • Select Devices.
    • Click on Touchpad.
    • Under Taps, you can customize or disable the other gestures.

Let us know how it goes.

Dann Ave, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Erractic behavior

Hi Kenneth,

To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any updates or changes made on your computer?
    • Do you get error messages when this happens?
    • Is there a specific app or program open when the auto zoom happens?

We look forward to your response.

Jeraldine Ase, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Desboro Win User

Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused

Dear Vijay,

Thank you for your response: apologies for slow feedback.

Regarding step 1 - doing a restore point : I tried this twice and twice it failed. Now, the date of the update that caused the issue (13/14 September 2019) has disappeared from the history list. Is there a way of finding it, still?

Regarding Step 2- the list of updates installed: the two suggestions above do not seem to appear in the list in the window "Installed Updates".

There are two updates listed for 13 September - Security Update for Adobe Flash Player and Security Update for Microsoft Windows.

Could you advise what I might try next?

Thank you so much.

Desboro, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Updates causing erractic behavior - Similar Threads - Updates causing erractic

2. Erractic behavior after recent Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erractic behavior after recent Updates: I am getting very frustrated. For the past month; I have been experiencing very erratic behavior with my Desktop PC, after doing a series of recent Windows 11 Updates. I am uncertain which one; because there have been quite a few in the past few months. I have a HP Omen 30...
  3. Erractic behavior after recent Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erractic behavior after recent Updates: I am getting very frustrated. For the past month; I have been experiencing very erratic behavior with my Desktop PC, after doing a series of recent Windows 11 Updates. I am uncertain which one; because there have been quite a few in the past few months. I have a HP Omen 30...
  4. Windows 11 Updates causing erractic behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Updates causing erractic behavior: Has anyone else started experiencing very erratic behavior in the past month, due to the most recent updates? I am having constant issues with tabs opening on their own; windows minimizing without any action from me; and the mouse cursor constantly gravitates to the top left...
  5. Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unusual behavior with multi monitors after update.: Hi, First, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question, and I did some searching on the forum to see if anyone had posted similar issues and could not find any examples, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have an alienware m15 r6 with a...
  6. Windows restart causing unwanted behavior.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows restart causing unwanted behavior.: I have just upgraded my CPU Ryzen 2600 -> Ryzen 3600x, and after putting my PC back together it started acting ... weird? This may not have been the start of issues, but it the one odd event I can tell.First, I tried downloading a new patch for a game Valorant. The game asked...
  7. Typing causes wierd behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Typing causes wierd behavior: I'm using Win 10 Pro 64-bit on an Asus laptop. When ever I try typing something, I get these strange results.Menus pop up, what I'm typing disappears, caps active. Makes trying to type very difficult. 140091
  8. What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC?: Hi, I have just built a workstation using the latest top of the line components (e.g. Intel 9900K, G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14, Samsung 970 Evo SSD). Usually the first thing I do after turning on the machine each morning is to manually update Windows. However, within 2-3...
  9. Erractic mouse created folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Erractic mouse created folders: I was on my Dell laptop, shopping and what not, when my mouse started erratically jumping around, opening folders, closing the internet and going crazy. I have had some minor mouse movement before, but never like this. After say a minute or so, it stopped, and there were 2...
  10. Windows 10 Update Behavior

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Behavior: Wanted to find out HOW to change The Behavior of Windows Update?? Recent Event: I was in a MMO Game doing a Raid with a Group. Update Literally Yanked Me out of the Game so it could Update my Windows. I was NOT a Happy Camper. Sad Part is I was the Raid Leader. Can't Update...