Windows 10: Windows 11 Upgrade being forced upon us Is there anyway to stop it.

Discus and support Windows 11 Upgrade being forced upon us Is there anyway to stop it. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Both our laptop and desktop can not handle the windows 11 upgrade. What can we do to permanently stop Microsoft from, forcing this automatic upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Woodar777, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Woodar777 Win User

Windows 11 Upgrade being forced upon us Is there anyway to stop it.

Both our laptop and desktop can not handle the windows 11 upgrade. What can we do to permanently stop Microsoft from, forcing this automatic upgrade upon us? The last time this happened it fried all of our computers. Please help, we can't afford new computers and our computers work perfectly fine. Thank you :

:)

Woodar777, Jan 21, 2022

2. IE 11 won't load, white screen, after win 10 upgrade.

I have this issue as well and noted it in another post. None of the MS support suggestions work.

The issue is that ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, IE 11 will only display web pages that are listed in the "compatibility view." Obviously we cannot add every web page to the compatibility view list. Is there a way to force IE 11 to open all web pages
    in compatibility view? I am not expecting an answer really but since upgrading Windows 10, I have been forced by Microsoft to adopt a new browser. So, now I use Chrome for everything.

NeilBurkhouse, Jan 21, 2022
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Internet Explorer 11; Windows 10....Stopped Working

IE11; Windows 10. For the past 2 weeks when I open IE11 I get Internet Explorer has Stopped working POPUP message rendering IE 11 unusable.

I have followed suggested Fixes by "Resetting" IE11; Use Software Rendering...is NOT checked. I have tried to use "System Restore" and go back to a Restore Point prior to 2 weeks but, I get unable to restore to xx/xx/xxxx because the process cannot file iexplorer.exe.

I have tried several Restore Points...get this same result.

I cannot fine the Internet 11 Install Update to delete it as it is not in the list History\Installed Updates.

Surely there must be away to fix IE 11...I have run out of things to do...suggestions with steps will be appreciated.

denmarfl, Jan 21, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Upgrade being forced upon us Is there anyway to stop it. - Similar Threads - Upgrade being forced

2. Forced Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced Win 11 upgrade: [ATTACH] My computer initiated a Win 11 update without any warning. Now it showed this screen submitted by /u/Travelingexec2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16xzxlm/forced_win_11_upgrade/
  3. Windows 11 Upgrade being forced upon us Is there anyway to stop it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade being forced upon us Is there anyway to stop it.: Both our laptop and desktop can not handle the windows 11 upgrade. What can we do to permanently stop Microsoft from, forcing this automatic upgrade upon us? The last time this happened it fried all of our computers. Please help, we can't afford new computers and our...
  4. How to stop the ongoing windows 11 upgrade from being downloaded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop the ongoing windows 11 upgrade from being downloaded?: Hey guys,A while ago, accidentally I pressed the upgrade to windows 11 button in Windows 10 and now my Windows 11 upgrade is downloading. Still, its status is downloading. I paused the updates to stop it from being downloaded, but as soon as I resume the updates, again it's...
  5. How to stop the ongoing windows 11 upgrade from being downloaded?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop the ongoing windows 11 upgrade from being downloaded?: Hey guys,A while ago, accidentally I pressed the upgrade to windows 11 button in Windows 10 and now my Windows 11 upgrade is downloading. Still, its status is downloading. I paused the updates to stop it from being downloaded, but as soon as I resume the updates, again it's...
  6. How to stop the ongoing windows 11 upgrade from being downloaded?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows edge forced on us in the new update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows edge forced on us in the new update?: (time line is loose!) about 2 weeks ago my pc updated, and forced installed edge on my computer, I uninstalled it because I do not want it. Today it updated again I think, and now I have Edge again!!! Except this time I am unable to remove it as the "uninstall" option is...
  8. STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10

STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10: STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL...
  9. Stop forcing us to use a dang pin.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop forcing us to use a dang pin.: Microsoft, Stop forcing us to use a dang pin. I DON'T EVER WANT TO USE IT, so stop forcing me to use one every single time I reboot my PC or every few times. How can I stop this from happening permanently its very very very annoying. I only want to use a password....
  10. Please, for the love of God, stop forcing Windows updates on us

Please, for the love of God, stop forcing Windows updates on us: Always, while right in the middle of trying to get something done, and for whatever reason need to reboot. Sure enough, there's Windows telling me it's going update. Who knows how long that will take and what kind of problems it will cause. Thanks a bunch, Microsoft. It makes...