Windows 10: Windows 11 upgrade changed the email address for the primary admin user and we can't figure...

Discus and support Windows 11 upgrade changed the email address for the primary admin user and we can't figure... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Anyone have any idea how to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KelseyShell, May 24, 2022.

1. Windows 11 upgrade changed the email address for the primary admin user and we can't figure...

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

:)

KelseyShell, May 24, 2022

2. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 24, 2022
  3. Andre Da Costa, May 24, 2022
  4. Sam Adi Win User

Windows 11 upgrade changed the email address for the primary admin user and we can't figure...

Change Primary Microsoft Email for Admin User

In Windows 10 I have added a second Microsoft Account to my Admin User Settings, and would like to remove the first one that was linked during initial setup. Settings under Email & App Accounts offers "Manage" and "Remove" for the second email, but only
    "Manage" for the first address. Can't find anyway to unravel my issue at Outlook after using the Manage function. How can I remove my first email address from the Admin User, so the second address will be my only link to Microsoft?

Sam Adi, May 24, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 upgrade changed the email address for the primary admin user and we can't figure...

1. Windows 11 upgrade changed the email address for the primary admin user and we can't figure... - Similar Threads - upgrade changed email

2. Admin email address need to change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin email address need to change: Today In my office I got a new laptop and I sign in wrongly with my personal Gmail account. Acutally I need to use the office email address. From the account setting it showing that gmail as the admin, but my cmonpay they created the Microsoft 365 office for me and I want to...
  3. Changing email address for primary account holder

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing email address for primary account holder: I am trying to change my email address for Admin account holder on pc. told to add alias to account. when i do i am told that the email address has already been used. But it is not listed to choose from ... help!...
  4. Changing email address for primary account holder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email address for primary account holder: I am trying to change my email address for Admin account holder on pc. told to add alias to account. when i do i am told that the email address has already been used. But it is not listed to choose from ... help!...
  5. Changing email address for primary account holder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 11 upgrade changed the email address for the primary admin user and we can't figure...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade changed the email address for the primary admin user and we can't figure...: Anyone have any idea how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-upgrade-changed-the-email-address-for/15fa7342-dabb-4584-be62-63a282fb3f11
  7. Spelling mistake in primary user / admin email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spelling mistake in primary user / admin email address: Hi, when setting up my new computer, I spelt the email address incorrectly. So I now have a new laptop setup to an email that I can't access, However all my microsoft office products were registered with the correct email address and account.incorrect address - missing 2...
  8. Primary Email Address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Primary Email Address: I'm having some trouble changing my laptop's primary email address. My previous primary address was my mom's old address and it got hacked so I decided to change my laptop's primary address altogether. So, I made a new Outlook email but for some odd reason, the status of my...
  9. User admin account email address changed to my sons????

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User admin account email address changed to my sons????: My User account on my laptop has been changed so that it is my sons account email address, not mine. How do I change it back to mine? He is a child. I needed to ask permission to myself to use Firefox. I have removed him from our family, and removed the device from his...
  10. Change Primary Microsoft Email for Admin User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Primary Microsoft Email for Admin User: In Windows 10 I have added a second Microsoft Account to my Admin User Settings, and would like to remove the first one that was linked during initial setup. Settings under Email & App Accounts offers "Manage" and "Remove" for the second email, but only "Manage" for the first...