Windows 10: Windows 11 Upgrade - Conflicting CPU Support Information

Discus and support Windows 11 Upgrade - Conflicting CPU Support Information in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,My wife's Asus laptop running the latest Windows 10 Home version is being showing that it does not meet the criteria for updating to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zig59, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Zig59 Win User

Windows 11 Upgrade - Conflicting CPU Support Information

Hi all,My wife's Asus laptop running the latest Windows 10 Home version is being showing that it does not meet the criteria for updating to Windows 11.Running PCHealthCheck says that the only criterium not being satisfied is the CPU which is an Intel Core i3-7020U.Now I'm aware that initially the earliest Intel processors to support Windows 11 were the 8th generation processors but looking at the current at the time of writing list of supported processors the list has been updated to support some gen 7 .Checking the list on Microsoft's site the Core i3-7020U is one of the newly supported pro

:)

Zig59, Jan 17, 2022

2. CPU Not Supported

I think you have a preview install on the other partition and this will expire.

Please follow this tutorial to provide the current operating environment of your machine.
    Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

Members can then look at the Speccy to see if anything stands out.

The first thing I suggest is to make it easy on the upgrade.

Get the machine to a simple base
    • one drive, no external devices other than Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard.
    • If you over clock, reset to the default clock.
    • Establish a Clean Startup - basically disable all 3rd party items on the msconfig Services and Startup tabs
      Do NOT disable MS service - make sure the hide MS services checkbox is selected before you press the disable all button
      See: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup - Windows 7 Help Forums
    • and Lastly, see if there is a BIOS update

I have no idea why these things would change the install flagging the CPU as unsupported, but they are basic trouble shooting.
    Thanks

Slartybart, Jan 17, 2022
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Upgrade - Conflicting CPU Support Information

"CPU isn't supported"

Try this quick and simple tool to see if your CPU is supported for Hardware Assisted Virtualization

Thanks,
    Jo

virtualcloudz, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Upgrade - Conflicting CPU Support Information

1. Windows 11 Upgrade - Conflicting CPU Support Information - Similar Threads - Upgrade Conflicting CPU

2. Windows 11 CPU support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 CPU support: Why is the AMD Ryzen 3 2300U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx does not support Windows 11. It meets minimumrequirements. I had windows 11 on it and it worked perfectly, I had to downgrade back to windows 10 because windows 11 on unsupported device did not support security updates....
  3. Windows 11 CPU support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 CPU support: Why is the AMD Ryzen 3 2300U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx does not support Windows 11. It meets minimumrequirements. I had windows 11 on it and it worked perfectly, I had to downgrade back to windows 10 because windows 11 on unsupported device did not support security updates....
  4. Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice: I have a Windows 10 HP laptop with a i5-7200U CPU updated to 22H2. Windows Update tells me its ready to download & install Windows 11 version 22H2 - even though PC Health tells me my i5-7200U isn't supported. Can I safely upgrade or not? Has Microsoft created a software...
  5. Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice

Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice: I have a Windows 10 HP laptop with a i5-7200U CPU updated to 22H2. Windows Update tells me its ready to download & install Windows 11 version 22H2 - even though PC Health tells me my i5-7200U isn't supported. Can I safely upgrade or not? Has Microsoft created a software...
  6. cpu not supported by windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu not supported by windows 11: i am not sure why is my cpu is not supported by windows 11. please see screenshot belowi am an avid windows fan ever since, but a bit disappointed on this issue of windows 11....
  7. windows 11: cpu not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11: cpu not supported: I know that my CPU isn't supported tr1920x, but I'm wondering why it's not supported? for example, it has a TPM built in and far more than enough cores for windows 11.if I wanted to upgrade to windows 11 I would have to get a CPU that's supported,but with the current state of...
  8. windows 11 cpu support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 cpu support: I have an IntelR CoreTM i5-6200U CPU and why can't i update to the 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-cpu-support/fde1dd61-c3e1-4ee8-9c8a-8a5f00ff1c8b
  9. Windows 11. Supported CPU.

Windows 11. Supported CPU.: Re Windows 11. I have Surface Pro Model 1796 m3 which complies with all requirements except it says the processor – Intel Core m3-7Y30 CPU @ 1.00GHz is not currently supported yet it has 2 cores and a clock speed of 1.6 GHz. When will this be able to run Windows 11 ?...
  10. Windows 11 CPU not supported

Windows 11 CPU not supported: PC Health says my CPU isn't supported with Windows 11 but my CPU is listed in the support list "Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ" Can someone help with this.My System OSEdition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎12/‎11/‎2020 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature...