Windows 10: Windows 11 upgrade failed and now I can't boot

Discus and support Windows 11 upgrade failed and now I can't boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I finally decided to take the leap to Win11 when presented with the option. It seemed to go OK and it asked to reboot. When it rebooted, the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BobKatcher12487, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Windows 11 upgrade failed and now I can't boot

I finally decided to take the leap to Win11 when presented with the option. It seemed to go OK and it asked to reboot. When it rebooted, the system just kept spinning in the boot process. I let it spin overnight in the hopes it would finish, but it never did. Now I'm stuck. The system won't boot and I don't know how to repair it or just reinstall from scratch. Can anyone tell me how I should proceed?

:)

BobKatcher12487, Mar 18, 2023

2. Windows 11 upgrade failed.

Thanks.

The BCD or the EFI boot partition's file system is corrupt. Rebuilding the EFI boot partition fixes this issue.

Please go through these links for more information:

If you need step-by-step assistance in this regard, boot into WinRE Command Prompt.

Then run:

• mountvol y: /s
    • bcdedit
    • diskpart
    • list vol
    For each command, photograph the screen and upload it to OneDrive.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 18, 2023
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Windows 11 upgrade failed and now I can't boot

Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 upgrade failed and now I can't boot

1. Windows 11 upgrade failed and now I can't boot - Similar Threads - upgrade failed can't

2. I can't upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't upgrade to windows 11: so i can't upgrade to windows 11 even tho i have all the required hardware requirements. can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-upgrade-to-windows-11/1b35e3e2-efdb-49fa-8233-f85b8d1e7d18
  3. I can't upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't upgrade to windows 11: so i can't upgrade to windows 11 even tho i have all the required hardware requirements. can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-upgrade-to-windows-11/1b35e3e2-efdb-49fa-8233-f85b8d1e7d18
  4. I can't upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 upgrade failed and now I can't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade failed and now I can't boot: I finally decided to take the leap to Win11 when presented with the option. It seemed to go OK and it asked to reboot. When it rebooted, the system just kept spinning in the boot process. I let it spin overnight in the hopes it would finish, but it never did. Now I'm stuck....
  6. Just upgraded to windows 11, now my computer will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just upgraded to windows 11, now my computer will not boot: Upgrade completed now my computer will not boot completely. It appears to be freezing. I have no access to mouse after about 20 seconds. If I can get my entire password entered and access my desktop, my screen will flash off and on. Any help is appreciated...
  7. Just upgraded to windows 11, now my computer will not boot

Just upgraded to windows 11, now my computer will not boot: Upgrade completed now my computer will not boot completely. It appears to be freezing. I have no access to mouse after about 20 seconds. If I can get my entire password entered and access my desktop, my screen will flash off and on. Any help is appreciated...
  8. I Can't Boot Into Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't Boot Into Windows 11: So i had windows 11 on my old pc on a ssd and gave that computer away but took my ssd and put it in my new system which had windows 10 preinstalled so i connect the ssd and it shows up fine in file manager and i can read and write from it but i cant boot to windows 11 i even...
  9. I Can't Boot Into Windows 11

I Can't Boot Into Windows 11: So i had windows 11 on my old pc on a ssd and gave that computer away but took my ssd and put it in my new system which had windows 10 preinstalled so i connect the ssd and it shows up fine in file manager and i can read and write from it but i cant boot to windows 11 i even...
  10. Windows 11 Upgrade Fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Fail: I keep getting this error when I try to upgrade and I'm not sure why. It says I meet all the requirements and I've checked the tmp and i do have tmp 2.0 ready. and all my drivers are updated so I need help TT...