Windows 10: Windows 11 upgrade failing during install

Discus and support Windows 11 upgrade failing during install in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm attempting to upgrade from W10 to W11 and I'm getting the following error, "Something went wrong Select Try again, and if that doesn't work,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fritwood, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Fritwood Win User

Windows 11 upgrade failing during install

I'm attempting to upgrade from W10 to W11 and I'm getting the following error, "Something went wrong Select Try again, and if that doesn't work, contact Microsoft support for help. Error Code 0x8007007f" I have tried wsreset.exe, sfc /scannow, and DISM restore health with no success. Any ideas?

:)

Fritwood, Oct 4, 2021
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 4, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 4, 2021
  4. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Oct 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 upgrade failing during install - Similar Threads - upgrade failing during

2. Windows 11 upgrade keeps failing during SECOND_BOOT during MIGRATE_DATA operation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade keeps failing during SECOND_BOOT during MIGRATE_DATA operation...: I'm trying to upgrade my existing Windows 10 installation to Windows 11 but it keeps failing. It reaches around 90ish percent then I get a screen that says undoing changes and reboots back to Windows 10. My PC passes the health check for 11 but I have no option to upgrade...
  3. Windows 11 upgrade keeps failing during SECOND_BOOT during MIGRATE_DATA operation...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade keeps failing during SECOND_BOOT during MIGRATE_DATA operation...: I'm trying to upgrade my existing Windows 10 installation to Windows 11 but it keeps failing. It reaches around 90ish percent then I get a screen that says undoing changes and reboots back to Windows 10. My PC passes the health check for 11 but I have no option to upgrade...
  4. SOLVED-Windows10 to 11 upgrade fail during installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLVED-Windows10 to 11 upgrade fail during installation: I was trying to upgrade my windows 10 to 11 for a few days without much luck. The update was telling me that my laptop was suitable for a W11 upgrade however every time I tried, I would get an error half way into installation, saying that the "installation failed", followed...
  5. SOLVED-Windows10 to 11 upgrade fail during installation

SOLVED-Windows10 to 11 upgrade fail during installation: I was trying to upgrade my windows 10 to 11 for a few days without much luck. The update was telling me that my laptop was suitable for a W11 upgrade however every time I tried, I would get an error half way into installation, saying that the "installation failed" followed by...
  6. Windows 11 upgrade failed to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade failed to install: Split from this thread.I have the same issue, so I hope I can follow the same procedure here. The first file from ...\Panther is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqVfBh6TIL4Vkg_NfiGHMz85Qar6?e=6rpqCENone of the other files mentioned here exist....
  7. Windows 11 upgrade failed to install

Windows 11 upgrade failed to install: Split from this thread.I have the same issue, so I hope I can follow the same procedure here. The first file from ...\Panther is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqVfBh6TIL4Vkg_NfiGHMz85Qar6?e=6rpqCENone of the other files mentioned here exist....
  8. Windows 11 upgrade failing during install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 upgrade failing during install: I'm attempting to upgrade from W10 to W11 and I'm getting the following error, "Something went wrong Select Try again, and if that doesn't work, contact Microsoft support for help. Error Code 0x8007007f" I have tried wsreset.exe, sfc /scannow, and DISM restore health with no...
  9. Windows 11 upgrade failing during install

Windows 11 upgrade failing during install: I'm attempting to upgrade from W10 to W11 and I'm getting the following error, "Something went wrong Select Try again, and if that doesn't work, contact Microsoft support for help. Error Code 0x8007007f" I have tried wsreset.exe, sfc /scannow, and DISM restore health with no...
  10. Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Upgrade Windows The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during...: Try to upgrade from 1607 to 1709 FCU 0x8007042b - 0x2000d The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. My Laptop is MSI GE62 2QL with Windows 10 Education upgrade with Win10_1709_EnglishInternational_x64.ISO file already...