Windows 10: Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors

Discus and support Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to upgrade my Windows 10 laptop to Windows 11 for the past 4 months. I have tried Windows Update and the Windows 11 Installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 1233456778990, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors

I have been trying to upgrade my Windows 10 laptop to Windows 11 for the past 4 months. I have tried Windows Update and the Windows 11 Installation Assistant and gotten several errors as follows:0x80004005- Windows Update "Error Encountered" and Windows 11 Installation Assistant "Something Went Wrong"0x80242016- Reliability Monitor "Failed Windows Update"0x80072ee7- Win11 Installation Assistant Download ErrorWindows 11 installation has failedIs there a way to upgrade WITHOUT a fresh install of Windows? Or, at worst, I would be willing to backup my apps, app settings, files, and maybe windows

:)

1233456778990, Feb 10, 2022

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Error 11/11/2015

Hi Marianne,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with installing the updates, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to see any error notification along with the error code?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you able to boot in to the desktop?

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

I suggest you to hard reboot the computer and perform the below.

Step 1: Try to eject all the external devices connected to your computer except mouse and keyboard, reboot the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

For further reference: How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10
    Installation

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 10, 2022
  3. Win 10 failures to update (error 80240020) but not reserved an upgrade

Hi Dodie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• What is the error message you get?

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the thread answered by Ms. Isha Soni and follow the steps to stop getting windows 10 notification and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...indows-7/adda31a7-ebbe-44b7-bcb4-f3da1563688c

Method 2:

I suggest you to refer to the article “Error opening Office documents after upgrading to Windows 10” follow the steps and check if it helps.

Errors opening Office files after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 10, 2022
  4. Mike-Th Win User

Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors

Windows Update failure with error 0x80070002

Thanks Jessen,

I have tried all the steps suggested to no avail as I have been browsing all similar failures and tried the suggested solutions. The Windows Update service appears to work ok as all other updates are ok.

It may help if I someone could explain the meaning of the failure message.

When I tried the USB method it failed in a similar way suggesting that there was something wrong with the Windows Product Key. It may help that at sometime in the past the system was restored after a failure. On some forums I have seen comments that if the
    key is not perfect then the upgrade will not work.

Mike

Mike-Th, Feb 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors

1. Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors - Similar Threads - upgrade failures many

2. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?: THESE COMMENTS/QUESTIONS ARE DIRECTED PRIMARILY AT THE WINDOWS 'PROFESSIONALS' WHO CREATED WINDOWS 11, AND HOUNDED EVERY WINDOWS 10 USER FOR MONTHS TO 'UPGRADE' TO IT.Do the Microsoft 'experts' that spoke about the 'enhanced and improved USER EXPERIENCE' of upgrading to...
  3. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?: THESE COMMENTS/QUESTIONS ARE DIRECTED PRIMARILY AT THE WINDOWS 'PROFESSIONALS' WHO CREATED WINDOWS 11, AND HOUNDED EVERY WINDOWS 10 USER FOR MONTHS TO 'UPGRADE' TO IT.Do the Microsoft 'experts' that spoke about the 'enhanced and improved USER EXPERIENCE' of upgrading to...
  4. WHY ARE THEIR SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?

WHY ARE THEIR SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?: THESE COMMENTS/QUESTIONS ARE DIRECTED PRIMARILY AT THE WINDOWS 'PROFESSIONALS' WHO CREATED WINDOWS 11, AND HOUNDED EVERY WINDOWS 10 USER FOR MONTHS TO 'UPGRADE' TO IT.Do the Microsoft 'experts' that spoke about the 'enhanced and improved USER EXPERIENCE' of upgrading to...
  5. WHY ARE THEIR SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY ARE THEIR SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?: THESE COMMENTS/QUESTIONS ARE DIRECTED PRIMARILY AT THE WINDOWS 'PROFESSIONALS' WHO CREATED WINDOWS 11, AND HOUNDED EVERY WINDOWS 10 USER FOR MONTHS TO 'UPGRADE' TO IT.Do the Microsoft 'experts' that spoke about the 'enhanced and improved USER EXPERIENCE' of upgrading to...
  6. Failure to install Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to install Windows 11 upgrade: I am having a curious issue with my Surface Book 2. I received this Surface Book, with a completely wiped drive. It took several tries to get Windows 10 installed. Mostly, this was because the NVIDIA driver would cause a BSoD from a Page fault. It took doing an install as...
  7. Windows 11 Upgrading Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrading Failure: Hi AllI have upgraded Windows 11 to some users with successHowever, one of user has failed to download/install windows 11 So, I downloaded iso file and try to install.After installation, it restarted and go to BSOD with error code : invalid data access then restart to undoing...
  8. Windows 11 Upgrading Failure

Windows 11 Upgrading Failure: Hi AllI have upgraded Windows 11 to some users with successHowever, one of user has failed to download/install windows 11 So, I downloaded iso file and try to install.After installation, it restarted and go to BSOD with error code : invalid data access then restart to undoing...
  9. Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors: I have been trying to upgrade my Windows 10 laptop to Windows 11 for the past 4 months. I have tried Windows Update and the Windows 11 Installation Assistant and gotten several errors as follows:0x80004005- Windows Update "Error Encountered" and Windows 11 Installation...
  10. Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors

Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors: I have been trying to upgrade my Windows 10 laptop to Windows 11 for the past 4 months. I have tried Windows Update and the Windows 11 Installation Assistant and gotten several errors as follows:0x80004005- Windows Update "Error Encountered" and Windows 11 Installation...