Windows 10: Windows 11 upgrade from 10. I have paused but want to cancel it completely ?

Discus and support Windows 11 upgrade from 10. I have paused but want to cancel it completely ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Help please,I am running Windows 10 and clicked to download upgrade to windows 11 - The upgrade is half way through I have paused it.. but it will only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MartynSmith6, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Windows 11 upgrade from 10. I have paused but want to cancel it completely ?

Help please,I am running Windows 10 and clicked to download upgrade to windows 11 - The upgrade is half way through I have paused it.. but it will only allow it to be paused until April 4.I want to cancel it completely as I now realise that some software I run wont work on windows 11.I don't want to be changing registry etc.. I can see there was away to roll back to windows 10, is that still available and if so do I have to complete the whole install and roll back ? or can I somehow cancel it before its installed?.. Thanks, why do Microsoft make all this so bloody difficult and frightening..

:)

MartynSmith6, Feb 28, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 28, 2022
  3. I'm trying to cancel my Windows 10 upgrade

"the above steps" DO NOT WORK !

There is no "Cancel Reservation" option available !!

AyranDreger, Feb 28, 2022
  4. Windows 11 upgrade from 10. I have paused but want to cancel it completely ?

Cancel my Windows 10 upgrade!!!

To cancel reservation follow the below steps:

•Click/tap on the Get Windows 10 app icon on the taskbar notification area.

•Click/tap on the "hamburger" style menu button at the top left corner in the Get Windows 10 app.

•Click/tap on View confirmation under Getting the upgrade.

•Click/tap on the Cancel reservation link.

•Click/tap on Cancel reservation to confirm.

•Click/tap on Close.

This will cancel the reservation

Can I uninstall the Reservation completely from my computer?

Click Start (or press Windows key + S for Windows 8.1 users)

Type: view installed updates

Hit Enter on your keyboard

Look through the list for the KB3035583 and KB2976978 update.

Right click each update and click Uninstall.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 28, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 upgrade from 10. I have paused but want to cancel it completely ?

1. Windows 11 upgrade from 10. I have paused but want to cancel it completely ? - Similar Threads - upgrade paused cancel

2. Windows 11 upgrade from 10. I have paused but want to cancel it completely ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade from 10. I have paused but want to cancel it completely ?: Help please,I am running Windows 10 and clicked to download upgrade to windows 11 - The upgrade is half way through I have paused it.. but it will only allow it to be paused until April 4.I want to cancel it completely as I now realise that some software I run wont work on...
  3. want to cancel windows 11 update

want to cancel windows 11 update: You did not give me a choice on windows 11. I don't want it. I do not want to restart my computer and have it install. How do I cancel this? You wore me down with 8.1 to windows 10 on my last computer, and later found that computer was not compatible with windows 10. Then I...
  4. want to cancel windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    want to cancel windows 11 update: You did not give me a choice on windows 11. I don't want it. I do not want to restart my computer and have it install. How do I cancel this? You wore me down with 8.1 to windows 10 on my last computer, and later found that computer was not compatible with windows 10. Then I...
  5. want to cancel windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. I have paused the Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have paused the Windows 11 upgrade: I don't remember saying it was okay to upgrade but Windows upgraded my Windows 10 Winver 20H2 OS Build 19042.1415 to Windows 11. I was immediately unhappy with it especially because it would not allow me to open Google. I removed the updates and restored back to Windows 10. I...
  7. I have paused the Windows 11 upgrade

I have paused the Windows 11 upgrade: I don't remember saying it was okay to upgrade but Windows upgraded my Windows 10 Winver 20H2 OS Build 19042.1415 to Windows 11. I was immediately unhappy with it especially because it would not allow me to open Google. I removed the updates and restored back to Windows 10. I...
  8. I have paused the Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 11 Rollback to 10 - complete but it consistently wants to upgrade to Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Rollback to 10 - complete but it consistently wants to upgrade to Windows 11...: How can I remove the Windows 11 pending restart so that it does not update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-rollback-to-10-complete-but-it/06fc768d-16e3-4aa9-9d52-f1f72f06982b
  10. Windows 11 Rollback to 10 - complete but it consistently wants to upgrade to Windows 11...

Windows 11 Rollback to 10 - complete but it consistently wants to upgrade to Windows 11...: How can I remove the Windows 11 pending restart so that it does not update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-rollback-to-10-complete-but-it/06fc768d-16e3-4aa9-9d52-f1f72f06982b