Windows 10: Windows 11 upgrade from 2H22 to 2H23 keeps undoing changes and failed

Discus and support Windows 11 upgrade from 2H22 to 2H23 keeps undoing changes and failed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi dear friends, can anyone help me solve the issue? Thanks so much.It keeps failing the upgrade and saying somethings wrong and undoing changes of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RidgeWANG1, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Windows 11 upgrade from 2H22 to 2H23 keeps undoing changes and failed

Hi dear friends, can anyone help me solve the issue? Thanks so much.It keeps failing the upgrade and saying somethings wrong and undoing changes of the upgrade.here attached my CBS and logs. https://1drv.ms/f/s!Arwox9kGKWhLhKktQKiKS5HD_xNJIg?e=J7N9i0

:)

RidgeWANG1, Feb 17, 2024

2. Upgrade to Windows 11 fails "Undoing changes ..."

I tried to Upgrade my Windows 10 22H2 (Build 19045.2604) to Windows 11 via the Windows 11 Installation Assistant.

After downloading and installing my computer reboots and it displayed "undoing changes made to your computer"

then i was in windows 10 again.

For clarification: I have no available updates in Windows Update.

I am now about to try the upgrade via the offline method (create install media)

My question is can i still rollback to Windows 10 even if i upgraded via the offline method?

Thanks in advance

Andreas Schäffler, Feb 17, 2024
  3. Upgrade to Windows 11 fails "Undoing changes ..."

ok so i tried upgrading via the iso and i got the same message "undoing changes made to your computer"

but now i do have a error code after the failed upgrade:

0x8007000D - 0x20009

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during PREPARE_ROLLBACK operation

i have collected the setup logs with SetupDiag and uploaded to my onedrive:

OneDrive

Andreas Schäffler, Feb 17, 2024
  4. Windows 11 upgrade from 2H22 to 2H23 keeps undoing changes and failed

Windows update KB4041691 failing

Does it undo the changes at restart? Have a look at:

www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/06/fix-windows-update-says-undoing-changes.html

For the Feature upgrade, what I would suggest is to:

• Disconnect all unnecessary devices prior to the upgrade.
    • Remove any 3rd party AV or firewall installed beforehand.
    Most probably the Failing of feature upgrade and undoing changes are interconnected and we just have to find the exact cause. Generally, AVs do not like upgrades.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 17, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 upgrade from 2H22 to 2H23 keeps undoing changes and failed

1. Windows 11 upgrade from 2H22 to 2H23 keeps undoing changes and failed - Similar Threads - upgrade 2H22 2H23

2. windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons: I have seen others who have noted this issue but no solutions were given.After my Windows 11 PC was updated with the major 2H2023 release, all the printer icons in Devices and Printers were replaced with Generic versions. I would like to get the old ones back since they...
  3. windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons: I have seen others who have noted this issue but no solutions were given.After my Windows 11 PC was updated with the major 2H2023 release, all the printer icons in Devices and Printers were replaced with Generic versions. I would like to get the old ones back since they...
  4. Windows 11 upgrade from 2H22 to 2H23 keeps undoing changes and failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade from 2H22 to 2H23 keeps undoing changes and failed: Hi dear friends, can anyone help me solve the issue? Thanks so much.It keeps failing the upgrade and saying somethings wrong and undoing changes of the upgrade.here attached my CBS and logs. https://1drv.ms/f/s!Arwox9kGKWhLhKktQKiKS5HD_xNJIg?e=J7N9i0...
  5. Windows 11 2h23 not installing

Windows 11 2h23 not installing: I tried installing the update from the settings update page but it keeps getting stuck at 6%. I tried trouble shooting but that didn't fix it and I also tried using the windows 11 2h23 disc image thing but that gets stuck at 46% at the part where it says getting updates....
  6. Windows 11 2h23 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 2h23 not installing: I tried installing the update from the settings update page but it keeps getting stuck at 6%. I tried trouble shooting but that didn't fix it and I also tried using the windows 11 2h23 disc image thing but that gets stuck at 46% at the part where it says getting updates....
  7. Upgrade to Windows 11 fails "Undoing changes ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 fails "Undoing changes ...": I tried to Upgrade my Windows 10 22H2 Build 19045.2604 to Windows 11 via the Windows 11 Installation Assistant.After downloading and installing my computer reboots and it displayed "undoing changes made to your computer"then i was in windows 10 again.For clarification: I have...
  8. Upgrade to Windows 11 fails "Undoing changes ..."

Upgrade to Windows 11 fails "Undoing changes ...": I tried to Upgrade my Windows 10 22H2 Build 19045.2604 to Windows 11 via the Windows 11 Installation Assistant.After downloading and installing my computer reboots and it displayed "undoing changes made to your computer"then i was in windows 10 again.For clarification: I have...
  9. Windows 11 upgrade keeps failing

Windows 11 upgrade keeps failing: Keep getting error code 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D: The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operationsetupact.log and setuperr.log in Panther: https://1drv.ms/u/s!An2Z4Xsje9L4myu5MQsPYAjsa2a_?e=d3nf1ksetupact.log and setuperr.log in...
  10. windows update from 1709 to 1903 fails. Keeps undoing changes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update from 1709 to 1903 fails. Keeps undoing changes.: can't figure out what's breaking the update. I'm already in clean boot here's the setuperr log any clues how to fix? I'd rather not clean install everything if i can help it Code: 2020-04-11 18:57:22, Error DU DU::CDUSession::Search: Failed to end the asynchronus search....