Windows 10: Windows 11 Upgrade Issue - i7 processor doesn't meet requirements?

Discus and support Windows 11 Upgrade Issue - i7 processor doesn't meet requirements? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was interested in a Windows 11 upgrade, but got the message that my i7-4790 processor doesn't meet the minimum requirements. What the heck?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chris K_83, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue - i7 processor doesn't meet requirements?

I was interested in a Windows 11 upgrade, but got the message that my i7-4790 processor doesn't meet the minimum requirements. What the heck?

:)

Chris K_83, Nov 15, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 11 Upgrade Issue - i7 processor doesn't meet requirements? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 15, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10

Welcome to Ten Forums sddfds

Windows 11 has not been released to the public yet. The only Windows 11 currently available is on the Insider Dev and Beta channels.

Whether or not you can upgrade your tablet from 10 to 11 very much depends on the specs of the tablet. Microsoft have increased the minimum required specification for Windows 11. In particular Windows 11 requires a minimum of 4GB RAM, an a UEFI bios with Secure Boot enabled and TPM 2.0 security. In addition, a supported processor is required, for Intel that means an 8th gen or newer CPU (with similar requirements for AMD processors). The full list of requirements are here...

https://docs.microsoft.com/windows/w...1-requirements

...and the lists of supported processors here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/windows-h...r-requirements

Windows 11 setup or upgrade will check that the system meets the minimum requirements and will not install on a machine that is below spec. When 11 is released, Windows Update will not offer 11 as an optional update to machines that are below the minimum requirements.

Without knowing what tablet you have it's not possible to say if it can be upgraded. But as tablets tend to be at the lower end of the market the chances are that it cannot get the upgrade to Windows 11 when it is released. For machines that cannot run Windows 11 Microsoft has said that Windows 10 will continue to be supported until 2025.

4. exploder Win User

Windows 11 Upgrade Issue - i7 processor doesn't meet requirements?

Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements Insider

I just upgraded my Dell Precision T3610 to Windows 11. It does not meet the TPM 2.0 requirement, has TPM 1.2 and it's Xeon processor is not on the supported list but it installed without a hitch! I was surprised! The system runs about the same as it did on Windows 10, performance is excellent. I noticed it preserved nearly all of my tweaks and settings too!

exploder, Nov 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Upgrade Issue - i7 processor doesn't meet requirements?

1. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue - i7 processor doesn't meet requirements? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Issue processor

2. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue - i7 processor doesn't meet requirements?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Issue - i7 processor doesn't meet requirements?: I was interested in a Windows 11 upgrade, but got the message that my i7-4790 processor doesn't meet the minimum requirements. What the heck?...
  3. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue - i7 processor doesn't meet requirements?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 Upgrade Issue - i7 processor doesn't meet requirements?: I was interested in a Windows 11 upgrade, but got the message that my i7-4790 processor doesn't meet the minimum requirements. What the heck?...
  4. "This pc doesn't meet requirements for upgrading to Windows 11"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This pc doesn't meet requirements for upgrading to Windows 11": So one is supposed to download something to do an inspection of this ageing computer! I shall be getting a new pc anyway. I despise having my nose rubbed in obsolescence every time I open Windows Update....
  5. "This pc doesn't meet requirements for upgrading to Windows 11"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This pc doesn't meet requirements for upgrading to Windows 11": So one is supposed to download something to do an inspection of this ageing computer! I shall be getting a new pc anyway. I despise having my nose rubbed in obsolescence every time I open Windows Update....
  6. "This pc doesn't meet requirements for upgrading to Windows 11"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 11 upgrade processor i7 6700t issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade processor i7 6700t issues: Hi,My PC is running windows 11Pro version 21h1, when I run PC health check up, the result is my PC processor does not meet the requirements. My PC meet all other requirements for upgrade except processor. My processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-6700T CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz. I...
  8. Windows 11 upgrade processor i7 6700t issues

Windows 11 upgrade processor i7 6700t issues: Hi,My PC is running windows 11Pro version 21h1, when I run PC health check up, the result is my PC processor does not meet the requirements. My PC meet all other requirements for upgrade except processor. My processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-6700T CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz. I...
  9. Why this processor doesn't meet Windows 11 requirement - IntelR CoreTM i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz

Why this processor doesn't meet Windows 11 requirement - IntelR CoreTM i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz: This processor seems decent enough but the error message states processor doesn't meet requirements. What's wrong with this processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-this-processor-doesnt-meet-windows-11/90d2ff7a-96bf-4181-aca7-c4ddaa68d066
  10. Why this processor doesn't meet Windows 11 requirement - IntelR CoreTM i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why this processor doesn't meet Windows 11 requirement - IntelR CoreTM i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz: This processor seems decent enough but the error message states processor doesn't meet requirements. What's wrong with this processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-this-processor-doesnt-meet-windows-11/90d2ff7a-96bf-4181-aca7-c4ddaa68d066