Windows 10: Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever...

Discus and support Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I got my brand new Acer Aspire 5 with Windows 10 yesterday. Today the system recommended to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did. The upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanielBertschinger, Nov 25, 2021 at 3:52 AM.

1. Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever...

Hi,I got my brand new Acer Aspire 5 with Windows 10 yesterday. Today the system recommended to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did. The upgrade completed 100% and then the laptop restarted.... and has been doing so since for more than an hour without any progress / result! It keeps restarting. Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work. What shall I do? Power off? I hope the upgrade is not corrupted...!Thanks, Daniel

:)

DanielBertschinger, Nov 25, 2021 at 3:52 AM
  2. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3. Nordic Win User

Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Thema:

Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever...

1. Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever... - Similar Threads - Upgrade Restarting ever

2. Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever...: Hi,I got my brand new Acer Aspire 5 with Windows 10 yesterday. Today the system recommended to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did. The upgrade completed 100% and then the laptop restarted.... and has been doing so since for more than an hour without any progress / result! It...
  3. Windows 11 Upgrade System Restart Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade System Restart Failure: So I have an HP Laptop, purchased in 2019, running Win10. I was opted to do the Windows Update to Win11 using Windows Updater. After the update, the system tried to do a reboot and Blue Screened with the Driver PNP Watchdog error. After much research, I found that Microsoft...
  4. Windows 11 Upgrade System Restart Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Upgrade System Restart Failure: So I have an HP Laptop, purchased in 2019, running Win10. I was opted to do the Windows Update to Win11 using Windows Updater. After the update, the system tried to do a reboot and Blue Screened with the Driver PNP Watchdog error. After much research, I found that Microsoft...
  5. Will the i7 6700k ever be supported for windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will the i7 6700k ever be supported for windows 11?: I was just wondering if the i7 6700k will ever be compatible to run windows 11, because that is what CPU I have. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-the-i7-6700k-ever-be-supported-for-windows-11/2c73ae1e-4cc3-4c98-bf13-959e65ede8e5
  6. Will the i7 6700k ever be supported for windows 11?

Will the i7 6700k ever be supported for windows 11?: I was just wondering if the i7 6700k will ever be compatible to run windows 11, because that is what CPU I have. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-the-i7-6700k-ever-be-supported-for-windows-11/2c73ae1e-4cc3-4c98-bf13-959e65ede8e5
  7. Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11: I was upgrading my windows 10 to windows 11 using Installation Assistant and it was stuck on 88% so I restarted my pc. I want to know would it harm my device ???...
  8. Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11

Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11: I was upgrading my windows 10 to windows 11 using Installation Assistant and it was stuck on 88% so I restarted my pc. I want to know would it harm my device ???...
  9. Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Will my processor ever be compatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will my processor ever be compatible with Windows 11?: My processor is AMD A8 9600 4 Cores. And has been working fine with Windows 10 for the past two years to the current day. I don't know why it isn't compatible. I have TPM 2.0 enabled in the BIOS. And is still an ok CPU so I don't see why not?If anyone can give any advice or...