Windows 10: Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever...

Discus and support Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I got my brand new Acer Aspire 5 with Windows 10 yesterday. Today the system recommended to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did. The upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DanielBertschinger, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever...

Hi,I got my brand new Acer Aspire 5 with Windows 10 yesterday. Today the system recommended to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did. The upgrade completed 100% and then the laptop restarted.... and has been doing so since for more than an hour without any progress / result! It keeps restarting. Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work. What shall I do? Power off? I hope the upgrade is not corrupted...!Thanks, Daniel

:)

DanielBertschinger, Nov 25, 2021
  2. little cat, Nov 25, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever...

1. Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever... - Similar Threads - Upgrade Restarting ever

2. will a blue screen ever restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will a blue screen ever restart: I have a blue screen message that says "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." Will it restart and how long does it take? I have gone on the windows.com /stopecode, troubleshoot blue screen error page. I end up with a different error....
  3. will a blue screen ever restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will a blue screen ever restart: I have a blue screen message that says "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." Will it restart and how long does it take? I have gone on the windows.com /stopecode, troubleshoot blue screen error page. I end up with a different error....
  4. will a blue screen ever restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSoD ever since i upgraded to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD ever since i upgraded to Windows 11.: Every time i load into my computer, I can play some games for a bit then the computer closes the game or restarts my computer with a random Stop code. This never happened in windows 10. I am so sick and tired of the constant restarts. It is hindering my game enjoyment and I...
  6. BSoD ever since i upgraded to Windows 11.

BSoD ever since i upgraded to Windows 11.: Every time i load into my computer, I can play some games for a bit then the computer closes the game or restarts my computer with a random Stop code. This never happened in windows 10. I am so sick and tired of the constant restarts. It is hindering my game enjoyment and I...
  7. Windows 11 upgrade keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade keeps restarting: When upgrading my windows 10 to 11, the download gets to 100% then automatically goes back to 1% again. I've tried severally with very stable internet, tried all troubleshooting I could read on the windows website all to no avail. Even tried manual installation without...
  8. Windows 11 upgrade keeps restarting

Windows 11 upgrade keeps restarting: When upgrading my windows 10 to 11, the download gets to 100% then automatically goes back to 1% again. I've tried severally with very stable internet, tried all troubleshooting I could read on the windows website all to no avail. Even tried manual installation without...
  9. Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever...

Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever...: Hi,I got my brand new Acer Aspire 5 with Windows 10 yesterday. Today the system recommended to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did. The upgrade completed 100% and then the laptop restarted.... and has been doing so since for more than an hour without any progress / result! It...
  10. Sluggish ever since the upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish ever since the upgrade: Hey guys I just went through hell to install windows 10, I finally have it installed, but it is very slow when it comes to fps, from league where I get as low as 8 fps, to borderlands where I get 30-40, it has lowered drastically from what it once was. I will say that I have...