Windows 10: Windows 11 upgrade, will it delete all my desktop icons?

Discus and support Windows 11 upgrade, will it delete all my desktop icons? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Looking at the new Windows 11, it looks like it turns your PC into a tablet. I'm trying to find info on what will happen to my, currently around 100,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RobHCom, Oct 7, 2021.

1. RobHCom Win User

Windows 11 upgrade, will it delete all my desktop icons?

Looking at the new Windows 11, it looks like it turns your PC into a tablet. I'm trying to find info on what will happen to my, currently around 100, desktop icons after upgrading? I prefer to do the in-place upgrade rather than a fresh install, but I have many icons for app and games that I want to keep RIGHT ON my desktop, will this even be an option?thanks

:)

RobHCom, Oct 7, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Try3, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 7, 2021
  4. Windows 11 upgrade, will it delete all my desktop icons?

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 upgrade, will it delete all my desktop icons?

1. Windows 11 upgrade, will it delete all my desktop icons? - Similar Threads - upgrade delete desktop

2. This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons: What is this its on top of all my desktop icons and pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-icon-appeared-on-my-desktop-on-all-my-icons/cf37822c-5db9-4d34-a951-3edc712ddc95
  3. This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons: What is this its on top of all my desktop icons and pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-icon-appeared-on-my-desktop-on-all-my-icons/cf37822c-5db9-4d34-a951-3edc712ddc95
  4. Windows 11 automatically deleted all my files on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 automatically deleted all my files on desktop: Logged in and realized everything I saved on my desktop is gone, only icons left are Edge and the bin. I saw others asking similar questions but theirs are a display problem, while the files are still there. My problem is my files are actually GONE.I tried to access them by...
  5. Windows 11 automatically deleted all my files on desktop

Windows 11 automatically deleted all my files on desktop: Logged in and realized everything I saved on my desktop is gone, only icons left are Edge and the bin. I saw others asking similar questions but theirs are a display problem, while the files are still there. My problem is my files are actually GONE.I tried to access them by...
  6. icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade: why can't i delete this icon? what is this icon used for? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-appeared-in-desktop-and-cannot-be-deleted/ff80436b-44fc-4291-b450-5721eb057ea8
  7. icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade

icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade: why can't i delete this icon? what is this icon used for? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-appeared-in-desktop-and-cannot-be-deleted/ff80436b-44fc-4291-b450-5721eb057ea8
  8. Windows 11 upgrade, will it delete all my desktop icons?

Windows 11 upgrade, will it delete all my desktop icons?: Looking at the new Windows 11, it looks like it turns your PC into a tablet. I'm trying to find info on what will happen to my, currently around 100, desktop icons after upgrading? I prefer to do the in-place upgrade rather than a fresh install, but I have many icons for app...
  9. Not all of my desktop icons show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not all of my desktop icons show: I connected by usb to a asus portable screen, for some reason now my desktop icons do not all show. Some do, others do not and the icons are showing the full name instead of an abbreviated name. This means that about 24 icons take up my full screen. I know how to use the view...
  10. Deleting Desktop Icons.

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting Desktop Icons.: I'm a bit uncertain about deleting desktop icons. I recently got two new kinds: downloaded youtube vids got put in desktop with an icon on the desktop. saved .txt files got saved to the desktop with an icon. I think I've found that if I right click and delete the...