Windows 10: Windows 11 upgrades installs, then claims the VM does not meet the requirements. VMware Fusion

Discus and support Windows 11 upgrades installs, then claims the VM does not meet the requirements. VMware Fusion in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can start the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 using the windows 11 installation tool. The installation tool says my PC actually a VM is compatible, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GregJohnson, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Windows 11 upgrades installs, then claims the VM does not meet the requirements. VMware Fusion

I can start the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 using the windows 11 installation tool. The installation tool says my PC actually a VM is compatible, so I accept the license agreement and start the installation.It downloads windows 11, verifies it, **Does the installation step**, and then, when you would think it would reboot. It displays a 'This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. And under 'here's why' - nothing is shown.This is with a Windows 11 VM under Fusion.Any Ideas?

:)

GregJohnson, Jan 22, 2022

2. Fresh Windows 10 install with VMWare Fusion

Hello

I am an iMAC user OS 10.11.5. I am also running VNWare Fusion 8.1.1

I have successfully upgraded A VM from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with the free upgrade using Digital Entitlement which replaces a product key.

My question is - If I want to do a fresh re-install of Windows 10 to a VM (meaning skip the Windows 7 install) will the previous activated Digital Entitlement recognize the VM as the same hardware thus allowing the install?

I currently have no need to re-install but I want to understand the process in case I ever need to.

I am trying to anticipate potential problems before the happen such as - Maybe a major upgrade to VMware Fusion or MAC OS will cause a fresh Windows 10 install to believe the VM is on new hardware?

thank you

Al

'Captain Dunsel', Jan 22, 2022
  3. Re-Activating Windows 10 in a Vmware Fusion VM based on a Boot Camp Partition?

I recently set up a Boot Camp partition on my MacBook Pro, and installed Windows 10. It is activated. A couple of days ago, I installed VMWare Fusion 11, and set up a VM based on that Boot Camp partition so that I can access Windows without restarting my
    Mac.

Windows 10 in the VM reports that it isn't activated, of course, because it detects what appears (to it) to be a hardware change. I tried to activate Windows 10 in the VM through its Troubleshooter, but was unsuccessful.

I'm told that it wouldn't be a violation of my Windows 10 license to have a VM based on a copy of Windows 10 that is already activated.

So, how could I go about activating Windows in the VM? Do I call Microsoft customer support? Are there other options?

Thanks!

downeaster59, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Windows 11 upgrades installs, then claims the VM does not meet the requirements. VMware Fusion

Installing Windows 10 pro on VMWare Fusion 11 (for Mac OSX

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues when installing Windows 10 on VMWare Fusion. However, we do have a dedicated forum where you should be able to find support for your query. Let me help you in pointing towards the right direction, I would suggest
    you to pot your query on TechNet forums, where we have
    support professionals with expertise on VMWare to assist you with your query.

You may want to refer the article
    Add the USB Controller
    by VMWare and see if that helps.

Also, you may want to check with
    VMWare community forums
    for further assistance with the issue.

I hope the information provided above will help you proceed further to resolve this concern.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 upgrades installs, then claims the VM does not meet the requirements. VMware Fusion

1. Windows 11 upgrades installs, then claims the VM does not meet the requirements. VMware Fusion - Similar Threads - upgrades installs claims

2. Amazon AppStore claims my CPU does not meet hardware requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amazon AppStore claims my CPU does not meet hardware requirements: I have tried this on two different Windows 11 systems. One of them has an Intel i7-9750H CPU, and the other has an Intel i7-8550U CPU.Microsoft Store does not allow me to install Amazon AppStore, claiming the processor does not meet the minimum requirements.However, the...
  3. Windows 11 upgrades installs, then claims the VM does not meet the requirements. VMware Fusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrades installs, then claims the VM does not meet the requirements. VMware Fusion: I can start the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 using the windows 11 installation tool. The installation tool says my PC actually a VM is compatible, so I accept the license agreement and start the installation.It downloads windows 11, verifies it, **Does the installation...
  4. Does not meet the requirements for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does not meet the requirements for Windows 11?: Is Microsoft going to upgrade their requirements?My computer runs on a Ryzen 7 1700 Eight Core Processor and it's not on the list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-not-meet-the-requirements-for-windows-11/deaa493d-b864-49cf-9704-48b13c8db7cc
  5. Does not meet the requirements for Windows 11?

Does not meet the requirements for Windows 11?: Is Microsoft going to upgrade their requirements?My computer runs on a Ryzen 7 1700 Eight Core Processor and it's not on the list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-not-meet-the-requirements-for-windows-11/deaa493d-b864-49cf-9704-48b13c8db7cc
  6. Does not meet the requirements for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Professional Upgrade using VM Ware Fusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Professional Upgrade using VM Ware Fusion: I have an old licensed 32 bit version of Windows 7 Professional which I purchased many years ago..I have since upgraded to Windows 10 32 bit Professional using the license key from my Windows 7 ProfessionalI run this version of Windows on an Apple computer using VM Ware...
  8. Windows Professional Upgrade using VM Ware Fusion

Windows Professional Upgrade using VM Ware Fusion: I have an old licensed 32 bit version of Windows 7 Professional which I purchased many years ago..I have since upgraded to Windows 10 32 bit Professional using the license key from my Windows 7 ProfessionalI run this version of Windows on an Apple computer using VM Ware...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade on VMWare Fusion

Windows 10 upgrade on VMWare Fusion: Good day, I currently use Windows 10 Pro v 1803 as a virtual machine under VMWare Fusion 11.5.2. My question is, can I upgrade to Windows 10 or even 11 with a note saying that my license has expired? Thank you in advance. Sincerely, George D. McCallion...
  10. windows 10 on VMware Fusion

windows 10 on VMware Fusion: I got a error code 0xc1900208 I can not install windows10 on my iMac with VMware Fusion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-on-vmware-fusion/52228087-408b-4e14-ac5b-109c56cce8e7